• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even More Fixes and Additions to Help-14's Following Pokemon Script

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
Hmph. I think You have the power to tell the future. I have another problem. The pokemon doesn't talk to me, when I turn around and interact with it. I have set the common event to 3 in the settings, and in the database it is common event 003 with no trigger and the script you put in the OP. What's up with it now???

PokeGod

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hmph. I think You have the power to tell the future. I have another problem. The pokemon doesn't talk to me, when I turn around and interact with it. I have set the common event to 3 in the settings, and in the database it is common event 003 with no trigger and the script you put in the OP. What's up with it now???

PokeGod

Well if what you're saying is true then I can't tell you. If you want you can send me your game folder and I can fix it for you though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Ok, so I'm having the same issue as Pokegod. I re-added it, I have all the sprites, I have the animations, and I just cant seem to figure out what's wrong! Here is the error:

Spoiler:

If you want the full thing, I can get it for you.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
In the common event does the script take up more than 1 line? If so the game is reading it as two separate scripts. You need to use the "Extend Text" program to extend the text box so the script fits on a single line

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
In the common event does the script take up more than 1 line? If so the game is reading it as two separate scripts. You need to use the "Extend Text" program to extend the text box so the script fits on a single line

It is all on one line. I just remade the Common Event and it still has that error.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Alright send me your game folder and I'll see whats up

Our entire game dev team has a shared Dropbox folder. If you have dropbox, I can give you temporary permission. What's your Dropbox e-mail? If not I'll just PM you with the game.exe

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
Hey rayd,

one more thing.

I got the talking thing working. But when I load the game, for some reason, two copies of the following pokemon are showing up.

For example:

Player
(Abomasnow)
(Abomasnow)

Basically, even if I try adding a second pokemon, it still shows Pokemon 1 twice. Any way to go around this?

Thanks..

Pokegod

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hey rayd,

one more thing.

I got the talking thing working. But when I load the game, for some reason, two copies of the following pokemon are showing up.

For example:

Player
(Abomasnow)
(Abomasnow)

Basically, even if I try adding a second pokemon, it still shows Pokemon 1 twice. Any way to go around this?

Thanks..

Pokegod

The script only supports a single follower. If you call it twice it will make a second copy of the first. My guess is you accidentally have the script called twice somewhere. To fix it you need to black out or start a new game.

Years
I'm having the same problem other people are having. I recopied everything twice and I have the sprites and everything.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 2, 2014
I really do not understand the events that actually activate the following pokemon. Should I put these events at the beginning of the game when I get my first pokemon? What do you mean by "call the script"?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I really do not understand the events that actually activate the following pokemon. Should I put these events at the beginning of the game when I get my first pokemon? What do you mean by "call the script"?

If you can't understand what I've explained, please don't take offense but this script isn't for you. This is meant for people who know at least a bit of basic scripting. Calling a script is one of the most basic things you can do in RPG Maker and is used all the time when making a game.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Did you ever get the noMethodError fixed?

Well I never get this no method error so it is hard for me to tell. I know I keep saying I'll update this and eventually I will... All I can say is there are multiple people that followed this and it worked. You guys have to be doing something wrong, or have another script change that is messing it up.

Years
I have a problem the pokemon follow me but dont talk. Can you help me? Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Years
It'called "TalkToPokemon" and there is the
Script:$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemon
No trigger and no conditional branches

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
It'called "TalkToPokemon" and there is the
Script:$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemon
No trigger and no conditional branches

And is the script on one line by using ExtendText? Also make sure the common event number matches the common event number in the settings.

Years
It was my fault :) common event were matched differently!now it's all ok..
I have another question! While dependent event is walking behind you it use only two cells of the image thas is 4x4. Is it normal? And if yes how can i change that? Because when i walk it makes one step only..i dont know if you understended.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
It was my fault :) common event were matched differently!now it's all ok..
I have another question! While dependent event is walking behind you it use only two cells of the image thas is 4x4. Is it normal? And if yes how can i change that? Because when i walk it makes one step only..i dont know if you understended.

Do you mean it doesn't constantly walk even when you aren't moving? Make sure you have

$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.add_following_time

in the right spot in Game_Player_ script section.

Back