• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever been emotionally attached to one of your pokemon?

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    When I was younger I became obsessed with Meowth, so whenevr I started a new game on Blue I always used to rush to Misty's gym so I could get hold of it! :D I used to nickname it Meowth with a female symbol at the end... I dunno why but I was obsessed about owning a female Meowth.

Obviously when it got to the next gen they introduced male and female pokemon, so it saved me the time :p But still, it got rid of the sentimental value. It'd be great to see if I could actually get anywhere in training a Meowth to be awesome. I reckon it would be extremley difficult though. :(

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Even though a 16 year old saying he's attached to his Pokémon sounds insane, yes.

373.png

Hurricane

When I started to get into competitive battling, I needed a lead that could start the battle off in a favorable direction. So, I decided to get Salamence, named it Hurricane as Salamence is one of the most versatile and destructive forces of the overused metagame. Basically getting it's nickname after the massacre a Hurricane can cause to the coastline. Here I have a female Salamence, nicknamed after destructive weather. At the time DDmence and won many battles and countless sweeps. With this, over in the blog community, it became infamous as Ryan's lead: Hurricane. Pretty much everyone knew I used it and mainly lead with it. After awhile, people began to recognize what set it was, so I thought ahead and bred four more Hurricanes. (All had to be females, all nicknamed Hurricane) All of which were the standard Salamence sets; Mixmence, Specsmence, DDmence. I used them at various times and really creaed a force as no one kn ew what was coming, it was a long of fun. Over time, after using it for oh so long. I grew attached to it as both my favorite Pocket Monsters & favorite sweepers. I had a lot of fun with Hurricane, they did an excellent job for me back then. :D
    445.png

Jetstream

People thought Hurricane was the only threat I used back then. Oh no, Jetstream was my X-factor in various battles, creaming people like no other. It helped me defeat some of the O community's best/most vocal battlers. People that thought Hurricane was coming to shred them apart were met with a choice banded outrage or a Sword Danced Earthquake. I grew attached to Garchomp, it looked kickass and always helped me out of the tightest spots. I had a lot of memorable moments with Jetstream, some of the greatest battles and highest of highs I've ever had. ;D
    321.png

Greatblue

Rewind to my Sapphire days before competitive plat had
    tainted befriended me. I was surfing along in Hoenn's vast ocean near Mossdeep I think. I caught my first Wailmer, and trained it bonding with it and eventually evolved in Wailord, I loved it, took it everywhere gave it everything possible. (Won all beauty contests too XD) I had a blast with Greatblue, unfortunate when D/P rolled along I was scammed by the usual "hey, wanna do a trade back?" And lost Greatblue forever. =/ Stupid decision on my part and there goes a heeeeep of memories to some idiot. >>;

I had a blast with all three of these Pocket Monsters and guess I did bond with them in a way. Great times, simply great times...

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I have major emotional attachments to most of the pokemon I use in my teams.

My strongest attachment was probably the one with my very first pokemon, Venusaur (well it was a Bulbasaur but was a level 100 Venusaur in the end), me loved it so much. But my brother deleted my game out of jealousy, lol, I even cried as it also had my favoritest bird pokemon in my team as well, which was Pidgeot.

I have an attachment to my Gloom on Emerald (She kicks butt and she is my favorite pokemon) and I love all my team on Pearl.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • My shiny Ampharos, [insert cool nickname here]. Haven't gotten around to nicknaming him yet xD. I caught him as a Mareep level 8, and quickly trained him to level 30 to evolve.

I'm going to start EV training him for Sp. Attack and Sp. Defence, even though he isn't going to be a "scrapper". Nope, my good 'ol Ampharos is gonna be a contest winner. Not sure which category yet, oh well :/ Lots of time to decide that later.

I'm also very attached to my Teddiursa. She's just so cute... I think I'm going to evolve her into an Ursaring and use her for battling.

But yeah, those are the two Pokemon I'm attached to the most.

Last edited:

Nisangorou

is on a mudkip mission
    Years
  • I'm incredibly emotionally attached to my Swampert. I've had him since 2002 - Ruby. He then travelled through my Ruby, to Emerald and then to Diamond. He's my top in my team at lvl 100. I can't believe that soon I will have had him 6 years <3
    I just loveloveLOVE him.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
  • my special 5 Infernape, torterra, garchomp, electivire, bronzong

Infernape: one of my very succesful IV bred pokemon. ( my first actually)

Garchomp: much like infernape he is a beast in battle. also became my first succesful ev train

electivire: its strange i got this electivire awhile back and i dont remember who traded me it. whats funny is its a saikyou electivire but back when i recieved i didnt know what an event was. so i trained him and he became my very first event pokemon.

Bronzong: he is a shiny that i chained for and he ended up with levitate and relaxed nature.

torterra: the one im attached to the most. he is my starter but after 5-6 months of resetting i got him shiny.

these 5 mean the most to me in and out of battle. they shall never leave my side...

Years
  • Togetic in my LG..... first egg i hatched and first pokemon I evolved evolve with happiness in LG

and he has a nasty Wish + Double Edge moveset

The only Pokemon I never box

5tat3

Emcee/TDA Breeder
    Years
  • i aint got no feelings for em since there just data but i never deposit my charizard n my dragonite

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • I'm emotionally attached to my Dragonite. It's now level 100 and its a girl! thats cool because the odds of catching a female dratini aren't very good. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i <3 my Luxray. its awesome. not a great moveset, but i've grown attached.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Well, quite soon after I got my national dex on Pearl actually, I got a (legit, as far as I can tell) Shiny Mew from Serebii forums in a trade. It was Lv. 100 when I got it, and has a Max cool rating, but no contest ribbons at all. I beefed it's stats a little with drugs and gave it a BP Moveset, but lately I've been thinking about giving it some contest moves and getting a Master Cool rank. He's been with me for a while is rarely out of my party, and I take solace from the fact that it actually could be a legitimate Shiny Mew.

I may get somebody to check this Mew with pAC or some other program if I get the chance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Any Pokemon I use for the in-game story and any Pokemon I specifically and determinedly train, I grow attatched to. Meaning, I have tons of teams in my first box (titled "Bestmons") that I would never, ever, EVER trade off or get rid of. It's hard to deposit any of them to train others sometimes... :(

Also, usually I get attatched a bit to my HM slave. I know, it's a bit odd, but after having Starly Fly me around everywhere and never leave my party, it's hard not to feel a bit of a happy feeling about it/her. When I ended up having to battle with my HM slave Starly once, I completely forgot that it evolved at LV.14, which it just so happened to reach in that battle. After it evolved, I had this wierd feeling of "Wow... My HM slave evolved... Now it's like Staravia's an actual member of the party..." XP

Do Mystery Dungeon Pokemon count? I don't see how ANYONE can not get attatched to their hero and partner from Mystery Dungeon...

SakuraChan

&lt;3
    Years
  • I don't emotionally love it.
    its just a bunch of pixels fighting eachother.
    Although I get upset if it faints or has something wrong.
    I especially hate when my attack misses.
    I could love every bit of it, but I use it to only get through the game.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I used to be up until GSC. I'm kind of not anymore, but I always keep a Meowth in my party (mainly for Pickup) and I get annoyed if it faints. If I'm leveling up a Pokemon to make it evolve or something, if it faints, I have to get out my level 70 Staraptor and Close Combat whoever killed it. Which is quite funny if I'm battling a level 20 Bidoof XD Oh yeah, I'm also kind of attached to my Staraptor. If, when I switch it in from training others, it gets hurt, they can say hi to Close Combat, too XD I like to think it's my Staraptor punching the other Pokemon. Somehow.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    my salamence, disaster. he is one of the best pokemon I have ever owned. he was capable of taking down ubers in a single hit.

king, the flygon. I evolved him from that shadow vibrava in colosseum. he is also my main sweeper. I have taken on a whole team of ubers with only him and disaster. I call them team salagon.

Darkfire, the shiny rayquaza. the one pokemon that I am most proud of. He has amzing stats, and I use him even more than disaster and king.

Glitchy, the shiny porygon z. a great special sweeper. He is my secret weapon in many battles

Back