• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ever caught a legendary with a regular pokeball?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    When I played Platinum, I forgot to turn on my 999x Master Ball code.

And at that time, Mesprit has wandering in the Route I'm walking in.
    When I get to battle with it, I realized that my Pokeballs Pocket is almost empty-
    except that there was 1 Pokeball. Of course, I wouldn't wanna waste my chance so I threw it.

I was suprised. I caught Mesprit without having to damage it with a almost useless Pokeball.

It's awesome, I suppose.

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
    Yeah...
    Way back when I was playing Gold, I was trying to catch Ho-oh using Ultra Balls. After using about 30 of them (yea I came prepared) that didn't work, I got frustrated and threw a Pokeball, and it somehow worked.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Have you ever caught a Legendary in a normal PokeBall?

Or a Premier Ball or any other Ball with a similar low catch rate as the standard PokeBall.

I don't know if Dialga and Palkia should count seeing as their catch rate is the same as Chatot lololololol

Years
    Pretty sure back in the day of Yellow I caught a Zapdos or maybe even a Moltres in a Pokeball. They were on about 3HP but I was still shocked.

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
    I remember when I caught Suicune on Pokemon Colosseum with just a Pokeball. I don't remember any other times, though.

Edit: Oh right. I also caught Latios with a Premier Ball. It was quite funny.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Yup, I caught an Uxie on a Pokemon Diamond ROM with a PokeBall once. After having thrown a bazillion Dusk, Ultra and Great Balls.. ~.~

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've caught the following in a PokeBall:

Entei
    Palkia
    Heatran
    Giratina
    Azelf
    Uxie
    Ho-Oh
    Groudon

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I've caught Darkrai in one. That's just about it, though I think I did it with one of the dogs in Colosseum (granted, I used the Infinite Master Ball glitch...).

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
    Years
    I believe I caught a groudon with a regular pokeball ,since i ran out on everything else at the time.

I caught a giratina both in diamond and platinum with a premier ball if that still count, it reads that it's the same as a pokeball but different appearance XD

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Yeah.My trick is to hold A+B.It helps.=P and it was a Dialga in my Platinum

Back