• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ever had surgery?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I've had to remove a growth on my ear and two eye surgeries, one for each eye, to remove cataracts. None as a baby; all of these were when I was well into my college years.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    I've never had surgery but I have been hospitalized. I had to stay there for a while because they thought I had meningitis. I didn't.

I was scared. I'll be honest. Worried that I'd have something fatal, y'know? But as far as luck goes I seem to have a lot of it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've had oral surgery several times to have some of my baby teeth removed, and then gum surgery a little after so they can put a hook and chain onto a tooth so they can pull it down with braces. Other than that, no I haven't had any surgeries. Guess you can say that the only thing I've screwed myself up on is my teeth.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do stitches count? I've had those for falling on a bench at a train station when I was younger!

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    surgeries scare the crap out of me omg
    Although I haven't had any surgery yet, I'm considering getting a nose job when I'm older (I think that counts as surgery?), as vain as it sounds. I've never liked my nose and if I could afford the surgery, I'd most likely get it.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    When I was born, the doctor didn't cut my umbilical cord right. So while I was chillin' in my baby incubator, they realized that when I pee'd, it came out of my belly button. That's not supposed to happen.

They had to do baby surgery on me to fix it, so now my belly button is kind of really ugly.

It was a hilarious "what" inducing situation, but my mom told me it was actually dramatic and was threatening my baby life. I could have died because there was pee coming out of my baby belly button. I still think it's the funniest thing ever.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Just one for me. I had chronic tonsillitis for like 8 months, and decided that enough was enough, so had them removed. Pretty minor stuff compared to some of you guys, but technically surgery I guess. :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Yeah on my nose. I had a nose job. It was just to straighten it after it broke. :x

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I had my tonsils removed when I was ten because they were large and affected my breathing. Apart from the burning pain in my throat for nearly two weeks, and the fact that during that time span I couldn't talk, it was actually such a good time because I lived on a diet of ice cream and popsicles. :D

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I've had about 4 surgeries? I had my adnoids taken out and then I had tubes put in my ears about 3 times. I say about because all of this happened under the age of 10 so therefore, I'm a little fuzzy on the actual amount.

I'll have to get my wisdom teeth out soon :(

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I've only had one surgery...when I was 6 I had my adenoids out and tubes put in my ears.

I had a medical test done when I was 15 that usually people are sedated for just because of the sheer uncomfortability and the need to keep still during it, but I made it through it without being sedated, so I guess that doesn't count.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I've only had one surgery...when I was 6 I had my adenoids out and tubes put in my ears.

I had a medical test done when I was 15 that usually people are sedated for just because of the sheer uncomfortability and the need to keep still during it, but I made it through it without being sedated, so I guess that doesn't count.

Did it hurt? Or just felt a bit of pressure? @_@ That sounds like a scary surgery to me! So kudos to you ;o;!

WOOOW HAGUMI! That's a huge change! Does it hurt now? Or are you fine and just need to remember to restrict your movement when it heals?

Last edited:

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    As far as I know, no. Surgery is kind of scary. :)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I've only ever had plastic surgery.

Got double eyelids this summer, and it was actually not that bad. The worst part was when they stabbed the needle in my eye like, three or four times on each eyelid. God I was ready to punch the surgeon it hurt so bad. XDDD;; But that was like, 5 minutes worth of my life, so big whoop, I grit my teeth and just sucked it up.

And then like, after he cut my eyelids open he was hunched over my eye and his hand was in my nose, and he was burning the fat away from my eyelids with a little torch laser thing and it smelled like latex and burnt fat and ohhh my god I could not breathe. Again, I wanted to punch him. (And don't even get me started on how the local anesthesia started to wear off because it was taking too long.)

But other than the fact that it took two hours longer than anticipated because apparently I had obese eyelids and the fat took a lot longer to burn than expected, and other than the fact that right afterwards on the car ride home I felt like I wanted to puke up everything I'd ever eaten in my entire life, it wasn't so bad. My eyelids themselves, despite being cut up like crazy, never hurt at all. Ever. I was pretty surprised.

I looked like I got into an INTENSE catfight afterwards though hahahaha like one eye was SO purple. I told people that I'd gotten into a fight-- and won. ;P

And they look nice now, so. :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Loki I had to look up what double eyelids are, haha.

All I've ever had done is my tonsils out. I was really scared, haha. I didn't really need to have them out and I didn't want to but then I got Percocet for a few weeks and that was fun.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Loki I had to look up what double eyelids are, haha.

Most people do have to look it up XD It's like that weird surgery that everyone gets but you never know what it actually is until someone you know gets it.... XDD

But yes, basically the fold over your eyes that most races have, but a fair amount of Asians do not. Makes your eyes bigger, basically.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Stitches and teeth extractions are the closest thing to surgery i've ever had.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    I had my appendix removed when I was six...after three days of waiting for the operation, when it should have been done immediately.

I've also had the top of the middle finger of my left hand re-attached, after I slammed it in a door by accident...

Back