• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evil Team Speculations

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • The thing that I don't really care for about there being two teams in this game is that it would seem too predictable; the sun and moon are polar opposites of each other, which is leading the majority of the fans into thinking there will be. Granted, having a single team would be just as predictable because it's been done the past 3 Generations.

What I'm affraid of I guess is that it will be another redundant gang war like what happened with Aqua and Magma.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Or better yet... since they introduced us to battles in space:

latest

{XD}

Years
  • Like what Angie touched upon, we've mainly had only one team in most generations so I remember how interesting Hoenn was by giving us two. I would like to see Game Freak pull another Hoenn on us and have two villainous teams again in S/M because I could imagine the potential with the plot.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If there is 2 evil teams, I hope it is more like Emerald. Maybe add in the 3rd team that we work with to stop Luna and Sola.

I liked how it was in RS until E. E was just amazing and I was extremely disappointed that they didn't use E's concept in ORAS. So if there is 2 evil teams, I really really hope they are both against you and will team up at times to take you down.

thunderrose

Professional Puyo Popper
    Years
  • Team Solar and Team Lunar.

Team Solar having goals of harnessing the power of the sun for solar energy, heat and light intensity. Team Lunar having goals of more the opposite end by harnessing the power of the moon to have the ability to control cycles, tides and gravitational influence to disrupt climates.

Ah. You're reminding me of the fangame SolarLight and LunarDark :)

Years
  • No matter what it is, I just want them to be interesting. And I want the leader of the team to be a lot less obvious. Lysandre was about as obvious as it gets.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • I would like it if there were more than 2 teams. Maybe a different small team on different islands, with one rememberable admin m. At first you defeat them and stop them from taking over a legendary during your journey.

They get frustated, and team up with each other to take you out and whoever is helping you. Make it so the evil teams acutally do stuff, like taking over a town. Maybe a scene like in BW1 with all the gym leaders helping you out.

Point is, a different progression in evil teams would be nice, instead of the 2 possibilities:
    1: 1 team, you stop it 6 times on their smaller projects, 1 time end-battles (with maybe involving legendary)
    2: 2 teams, who want the same thing but mirrored.

I know that pokémon Insurgence has different kinds of Cults, with each seeking after a different dream. Your job is to keep them in check. so maybe something like that?

Years
  • Team Flare was about as generic as it gets. They had no interesting characters, their motives weren't interesting in the slightest and pretty much every member could be taken down easily with little to no effort.

Here's what I'd want from this game's villainous team to make up for that.

1. There's a big reveal at some point in the game where you learn that the leader was right under your nose the whole time.

2. One of the admins starts to have second thoughts about being in the group and eventually forms an alliance with the player.

3. More variation when it comes to types of Pokemon being used by grunts.

4. Maybe the accomplishments of this group can lead the scientists to feel disgusted by their actions. That's one of the reasons I liked Team Galactic. After the Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit experiment, the team's scientists admitted that they went too far.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Team Flare was about as generic as it gets. They had no interesting characters, their motives weren't interesting in the slightest and pretty much every member could be taken down easily with little to no effort.

Here's what I'd want from this game's villainous team to make up for that.

1. There's a big reveal at some point in the game where you learn that the leader was right under your nose the whole time.

2. One of the admins starts to have second thoughts about being in the group and eventually forms an alliance with the player.

3. More variation when it comes to types of Pokemon being used by grunts.

4. Maybe the accomplishments of this group can lead the scientists to feel disgusted by their actions. That's one of the reasons I liked Team Galactic. After the Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit experiment, the team's scientists admitted that they went too far.
    The middle gen evil teams has shown the most regret for their actions. Team Rocket and Flare didn't show any that I can clearly see as regret. Even Malva came off as unapologetic for her role (as minimal as it looked like) in Team Flare's plot.

Call me Gamma

Dusty Old Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2017
    I've given thought to Team Galactic making a return. Team Flare better not ever come back. They were just awful as a whole and lacked any personality in my opinion. I'm hoping we dont end up with something as cliché as "night" & "day" teams. I'd be a little irritated if I had to trudge through legions of dark or fire pokemon the whole time.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Yeah, Galactic and Plasma have got to be my favorites so far. For memorable Admins, Galactic is for me in both the games and the anime. I like the ORAS versions of Aqua and Magma too, in that they expanded on the characters of the Leaders and Admins, even giving them personalities. Plasma's plot is central to the overall story of Gen 5. The plots of the ones I just mentioned at least had a clear motive behind them, which is what Flare lacked in. I also wasn't too pleased about the Flare Admins and Scientists(Admins were the bald guys and red-haired ladies), they're easily forgettable.

I'm hoping that the team in SM is like a combination of Galactic for memorable Admins, Plasma for story and varied Pokemon teams, and ORAS!Aqua and ORAS!Magma for characterization.

Years
  • I'm hoping that the team in SM is like a combination of Galactic for memorable Admins, Plasma for story and varied Pokemon teams, and ORAS!Aqua and ORAS!Magma for characterization.

This would actually be good, I'd like to see aspects of the other teams combined but at the same time have the new teams fit with the game theme.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • If there is 2 evil teams, I hope it is more like Emerald. Maybe add in the 3rd team that we work with to stop Luna and Sola.

I liked how it was in RS until E. E was just amazing and I was extremely disappointed that they didn't use E's concept in ORAS. So if there is 2 evil teams, I really really hope they are both against you and will team up at times to take you down.

Hey, maybe they add Team Rocket, maybe..
    I mean, just think of it. Wouldn't it be great if we see Giovaani sending the Rocket Trio aka Jessie, James and Meowth with their pokemons to assist the main character in disbanding the respective evil team. Then, those Rocket guys would themselves try to get the power of the legendary pokemons and you'd then have to finish them up before your encounter with the legendaries.

Years
  • Hey, maybe they add Team Rocket, maybe..
    I mean, just think of it. Wouldn't it be great if we see Giovaani sending the Rocket Trio aka Jessie, James and Meowth with their pokemons to assist the main character in disbanding the respective evil team. Then, those Rocket guys would themselves try to get the power of the legendary pokemons and you'd then have to finish them up before your encounter with the legendaries.

I probably wouldn't want that since outside of Yellow, we never have a Pokemon game based on the anime. I'd rather let them stay in Yellow for the sake of making that game unique.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I probably wouldn't want that since outside of Yellow, we never have a Pokemon game based on the anime. I'd rather let them stay in Yellow for the sake of making that game unique.

Speaking of unique, perhaps the Hoenn games will remain the only ones with more than one team, with Emerald being the only one in which we get to fight two antagonist teams.

I wanted multi teams in XY, but after 3 gens of only one team after RSE, I have become discouraged.

Years
  • There's a lot of possibilities. Though I think the two Sun and Moon themed teams makes the most sense.

And I do agree that they could have done a lot more with Team Flare. I mean after you defeat them, the rest of the story is non-existent. It's like why bother anymore? To be fair, they do have decent variety in their Pokémon unlike Team Magma and Aqua who just used the same three or four families. They did make Team Magma and Aqua much better in ORAS with more character development and making the two teams more diverse.

And for the evil teams, I feel it's best to face them after you beat the final gym. Just because in ORAS, while I liked getting the National Dex after the Primal Groudon/Kyogre events. The rest of the adventure just felt empty.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Alright here we go:

Either two separate teams, or one team whose goal differs depending on your version. I'd prefer the latter because I don't think a "Magma vs. Aqua-esque showdown" is particularly interesting, especially when they're both bad guys. If one of them is good, at least that's interesting because it shows there are people out there willing to stand up to take down the bad guys, instead of just leaving it all to one kid. But that aside...

Sun: When people sleep, they aren't productive. We could be getting so much more done if we never slept. Our goal is to make it so that nobody is ever able to sleep again!
    To enhance this, have certain major characters such as scientists and professors reiterate on important occasions that their technologies could be so much further along if there was more time to work on them, etc.
    To conclude this, the "moral" would be that instead of losing sleep (literally) over your goals, plan them out and if you can't quite reach deadlines that's okay, just keep doing your best, etc. etc.

Moon: People are awful! All they do is hurt each other and take from each other! Our goal is to place everyone into eternal sleep so they cannot be evil any more.
    To enhance this, have there be many notable "bad" NPCs (not from the evil team) who steal, vandalize, bully, etc. Even small details such as accounts of numerous (not just one) recent major conflicts can make it seem like the team has a point--people really are out of control. Instances of poverty and lack of resources can help, too.
    To conclude this, admit that there can be bad in the world, but punishing everyone isn't the right way to fix the problem. A little bit of kindness goes a long way, and can encourage others to be kind, too.

This can offer numerous NPCs various growth opportunities: in Sun, coming to terms with their own weakness of being unable to plan around the fact that people need rest, sleep or otherwise, from their work in order to perform their best; in Moon, learning to remain positive and kind towards others even when others aren't kind to you--or admitting your behaviors are wrong and learning to perform kind acts. Just as some examples.

Perhaps the legendaries will have abilities or attacks in relation to this: the lion regarding waking up/staying awake, and the bat regarding falling/staying asleep (some people have mentioned that its appearance is similar to a dream catcher's).

Back