• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolution vs. Intelligent Design

Which do you support?

• Evolution

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Intelligent Design

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • To celebrate last week's Birthday of Charles Darwin let us go back to this never ending public debate on Evolution or Intelligent design (or Creationism, etc.) and also because PC likes controversial stuff. XD

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary Online:

evolution (noun)
    1: a process of change in a certain direction <tumor evolution and progression — I. J. Fidler et al>
    2 a: the historical development of a biological group (as a race or species) : phylogeny b: a theory that the various types of animals and plants have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations

and

intelligent design (noun)
    Date:1847
    : the theory that matter, the various forms of life, and the world were created by a designing intelligence

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I support evolution, but I'm not saying why because then it'll eventually conclude into a huge argument....

Oh, what the heck? I support evolution becuase it's kinda hard for me to believe that some random supreme being or beings created everything. Unless you think of atoms, cells and molecules as gods....*shot*

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
  • I "support" intelligent design, if not outright creationism. I used to believe in evolution years ago when I was an atheist, but stopped after I started to think it was illogical and unfounded. But now I firmly believe that whether it all came into being in a short period of time or changed and morphed over a long period of time, God had a hand in the making of this world. I believe in a God that creates laws for the universe to follow, a God that set this world into motion, a God that created all that exists, and a God that intervenes in the lives of man. I believe in a Supreme Architect of the Universe.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I believe strongly in evolution. Unlike the theory of "intelligent design," it actually has scientific evidence to back it up.

The idea that some magical creature that exists somewhere far away that none of us have ever made contact with before created all life on this planet just seems..ridiculous to me.

Not to knock any of the more religious people here, though. You're entitled to believe whatever you want; don't let me try and persuade your views.

Years
  • Neither.

I find it hard to believe that someone snapped their fingers and created life, but I also find it just as hard to believe that microscopic life magically appeared, then somehow became fish that eventually sprouted legs and started walking on land.

I honestly don't care either way. We're here now, and probably have better things to worry about, so I try not to spend too much time wondering why.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Well, since Evolution is the most backuped theory (Scientific theory: set of laws based on real evidence and in experience, highest level of "fact" a scientific claim can be) in History, while Creationism is backuped by a 2000 years old book... I'm going with the first one.

If science can ever prove the second one, then I'll start looking at it from a more respectful point of view, though.

PD: Kenji, great way to look at it XD

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I believe more in evolution.

Though if there is a God out there, I believe that Ze would have created us with the ability to adapt to our surroundings and eventually evolve.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • I said intelligent design, but that's not really true. There should be an "other" category - Christianity isn't really the same as that. =/

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    In my opinion, creationism was done by hyper advancing evolution by a pair of apes.

No, I am not saying Adam and Eve were cavemen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I never saw the worth of bothering to care.

No opinion; none of the above; other; not applicable.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I more or less support evolution. After all, it fits right alongside with natural selection :3 (and I just like to mention natural selection every so often XD)

I never really knew there was such a debate, but yeah, I place my money on evolution, even though this isn't a betting thing and whatnot. I just felt like saying that XD

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I'm not really one for evolution at all. I just don't see how if we evolved from primeapes primeates, then why aren't they still evolving?

I don't really have much more to say, except that I'm a full-on Creationist.

Last edited:

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I'm not really one for evolution at all. I just don't see how if we evolved from primeapes primeates, then why aren't they still evolving?

Well technically, humans are considered primates, so...

If you're talking about the idea that humans evolved from apes, then that's actually not true. The theory of evolution states that humans had evolved from the same common ancestor as apes, which branched off into several different organisms, humans being one, and apes being another.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Well technically, humans are considered primates, so...

If you're talking about the idea that humans evolved from apes, then that's actually not true. The theory of evolution states that humans had evolved from the same common ancestor as apes, which branched off into several different organisms, humans being one, and apes being another.

Ah, I see. I never knew that.
    I guess that makes more sense though.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • Between the two, I support evolution. Evolution has scientific evidence to prove the theory. The constantly-changing and newly-forming strains of bacteria and viruses are an example of evolution occurring right this very minute.

The idea of a deity creating man has been kept through centuries, through most, if not all religions, but since both major and minor variations are present, there is no way to prove that your religion states the fact correctly. Intelligent design lacks basic proof to prove its own theories, something I've noted since I was young.

joey2joey

I like turtles.
    Years

I don't really have much more to say, except that I'm a full-on Creationist.

You've got a lot to learn.

I support evolution because it has so much evidence (DNA, viral resistant microorganisms)
    While intelligent design has very little.

*looks at all the atheists* It looks like I'm not the only one who is a member of America's most distrusted minority on PC.

P.S. Intelligent Design was first coined in a book called "Of Panda's and People" and was originally stated as creationism, but to try and get it into the school system, the word creationism and such, was replaced with "intelligent design"

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I support Evolution. Human species survived through genes and so does animals. I really don't believe that there's this "God" who created us all. Everything in this universe existed mysteriously. Everything has ending and you can do nothing to change that.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I always support Darwin's natural selection, on how an organism adapt and evolve at certain times, whether the condition is favorable for their survival. Intelligence comes next after the evolution of man.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back