• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] evolving alpha pokemon

Years
  • They retain their size so depending on which species you catch and their evolutionary state (in this example i'll use Alpha Buizel) if you catch an Alpha Buizel it'll be the largest size that it can be for the Pokemon Buizel, it'll retain the large factor, however I am not sure if after evolution it's size will still be the max it can be as an evolve Alpha Floatzel. There aren't any stat differences between alpha pokemon or regular pokemon and they evolve as normal as well. Alpha Pokemon do start out with 1 move that they can normally only learn through move tutors, so there is that bonus. Alpha Pokemon also start with more Effort Values than their regular counterparts, with some stats having the potential to be up to 3 effort levels starting out.

So long story short, nothing really happens persay, you start with a move that is typically only taught via move tutor when you catch an alpha, it doesn't have any kind of stat value differences from the base pokemon but it can have up to 3 effort levels with zero effort beyond catching the alpha in question. Also, they're always decently higher level than their normal counterparts in the same area (if they can be encountered non-alpha like Buizel for example)

Years
  • I have two Alpha Torterra; one was caught as a Turtwig and raised/evolved, the other was caught as a Torterra. They're both pretty much identical.

Back