• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EX: ACANTHITE - The biggest thing in faking history

QFred

Behold...
Years
The new cards are awesome!!!! I love Meowgypt, Felbin and Skume art cause it got all the amazement from Sugimori art!!! Also the Kestrawk art is very cool! As well as Protrohm art... perfect perspective...
I'm sorry but I can't like Honoke art much... too much light exagerate 3D effect...

I love the way Caskinaz plays with the confusion... And 100 damage can badly hurt most Stage 2!

Awesome choice for the card presented today!! I can wait to see the starter lines...

Years
Caskinaz sounds a bit overpowered to me. Maybe if Dizzy only removed up to a certain number of damage counters it'd be fine, because he could remove a heck lot of damage counters with 100 HP and eventually an attack that'll most likely KO if it doesn't heal him.

Meeeh.

Kestrawk has some sweet art and looks like he would be nice for cleaning up a bench that was entirely Skydived. Well, if it had some more HP I suppose, but then I'm no strategist and haven't a clue what I'm talking about overall.

The Neshell evo line looks cool. Is there another evolution past Damozelle?

Flame Claw

Flaminator
Years
I've got to say it's expert.

Oh, just what's the main point in writing "Mythical" at the top, and do we say "Sneasel" or "Sneasel Mythical"?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Just Sneasel. The Mythical denotes that it is a Mythical Pokémon in case we should like to make some attacks or effects that specifically centre around them. Because it's not easy to say "If the Defending Pokémon is made on a Mythical blank"... but you can say "If the Defending Pokémon has Mythical on its card"...

Thanks for comments :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Caskinaz: Ooh, mythical! The attacks work very well, and Dizzy is a nice combo. 10/10.

Damozelle: Very nice illustration, good attacks. That Body would be used a lot, too. 10/10.

Honoke: LIGHT! Yaay! Very nice blank. Nova Spectrum is awesome. Ring of Fate, I think, is a good last-resort attack...unless you've plenty of high-HP benched. 9.5/10.

Kestrawk: I think I remember this one. Very clever card, especially the second attack. 9.5/10.

Protrohm: I like how Static Charge runs into Particle Discharge. 9/10.

Felbin: Very Sugimori-like! Migrate is nice and simple. 9/10.

Meowgypt: Nice picture, and Smoke Trails is good. 9.5/10.

Neshell: Nice and simple. 91/0.

Skume: Looks like Sugimori's art again. Amazing. Good attacks. 9/10.

...And now we gotta wait another week...Especially good batch this week, Fangking. :D

And yeah, when's the site going up?

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years
i actually like this set of 9 more than the previous one.
cooler illus. in my opinion.

caskinaz- great pic. reminds me of mr. mime. something as mrs. mime. or mime's mother. great attacks. love the body.

damozelle- cute pic. looks too childish for stage1, but still- it's great.

honoke- like it much better than Finos. The actual ring from the attack is seen on the pic. Clever. Nova Spectrum is... powerfull!

kestrawk- the most pokemonish fake pokemon ever. i couldn't tell the difference. OMG! Fanking IS Ken Sugimori. Hunter swoop excellent.

protrohm- have no idea how to pronounce that, but it's one of my favs. the illus is... aaaa! and I love the background. i adore that greenish ballish thingies. very creative.

Felbin- Migrate. like it.

Meowgypt- excellent name. cool design. but I don't like the pic. it seems as I can see pixels. and that's not good. Smoky Trails- fun. but 2\3 chance (ideally) to prevent attack for basic... seems overpowered.

Skume- much better than the evo. cute&simple.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Hehe, thanks Lunanai!

The premise behind Caskinaz is that it's absolutely insane and hyperactive :-p I think it's cool ^_^

Damozelle is sorta cute, but then this Bug/Dragon type Pokémon'll just shoot the hell outta ya, so... :-p (It's like a dragonfly so I thought the typing was appropriate).

Kestrawk isn't drawn in Ken Sugimori style :-p Felbin and Meowgypt are, as is Cascade's Skume which I think rocks on its cuteness.

Pro-trome as in "home". Glad you like that one, I wasn't happy with the art at first, didn't think it did Kangaskhan Kid's genius enough justice. But looking at it now, I'm really happy.

Appreciating all the support! Looking forward to the next release already :-p

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Well, the batch you showed us today has been very good. Extremely good work with all 18 cards so far.

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
fantastic cards. - this weeks cards are very awesome, better than last weeks... nmext week's will be even better...

as for my site.. im feeling VERY sick at the moment with the Flu. So - i wont get started till moday! sorry for the wait ...

Solemnity

Lass Solemnity
Years
I dont really see the big deal with this. Its just fakemon from acanthite on cards..
Sorry but you failed to wow me. I was expecting something amazing but then you pull this out on us. Not good.

Flame Claw

Flaminator
Years
Solemnity said:
I dont really see the big deal with this. Its just fakemon from acanthite on cards..
Sorry but you failed to wow me. I was expecting something amazing but then you pull this out on us. Not good.

...someone had to spoil the fun, didn't they...

What's so "wrong" with the set?

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
Years
Oh, I'm sorry to hear the sickness Cascade, Get well soon OK?

About the New Cards:

One thing to say: The new cards are UBER strong. XD

But I like them all. Like I said, some are overpowered, some should be EX, some should be Holo Rare, some are OK. But the cards themselves are excelent. Congrats to both of you. 10/10.

Hope you make more soon!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Solemnity said:

Myeh, it's plenty more than that. Observe the scale of the vision. There's fakemon, sure. But take note of how incredibly well the Pokémon are in fact designed, all the original art, trying to be creative as possible with the attacks, the sleekness of the new blanks and the Mythical concept, the accuracy and precision of how the cards are constructed. My friend, few card fakers will invest this much time and effort on something so big that only complete dedication will suffice. Maybe one or two people won't appreciate that, but the time we spend behind the scenes making this the perfect fake card experience warrants me to defend our concept until the end.

Hmmm, Great Chikorita, maybe some of them are strong :-p But I don't think any are so overpowered that they need to be made rarer or into Pokémon-ex. Stronger, harder hitting cards are standard fare nowadays.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Solemnity said:
I dont really see the big deal with this. Its just fakemon from acanthite on cards.
...There's always one...

Why don't some people like fake Pokémon?

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
Years
Fangking Omega said:
Myeh, it's plenty more than that. Observe the scale of the vision. There's fakemon, sure. But take note of how incredibly well the Pokémon are in fact designed, all the original art, trying to be creative as possible with the attacks, the sleekness of the new blanks and the Mythical concept, the accuracy and precision of how the cards are constructed. My friend, few card fakers will invest this much time and effort on something so big that only complete dedication will suffice. Maybe one or two people won't appreciate that, but the time we spend behind the scenes making this the perfect fake card experience warrants me to defend our concept until the end.

INDEED.

That explains it.

But don't get so pluged in to this issue guys, We know that everyone has its own oppinions.

As for the overpowering thing. well... It's OK now, because newer cards are much more getting a bit overpowered compared to the older cards. so I understand. :)

As for the fakemons, though I don't really know their characteristics and movesets etc, I like how well it is used for cards. Art Looks amazing.

Back