• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Excuse me, sir, I'm trying to pay attention.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You're sitting in the middle of class and the teacher is starting to lecture. Suddenly, you hear something across the room and look over. It's one of your peers chatting to her friends. You push it aside thinking that it's going to end in a few minutes and the instructor is going to call them out when the time comes. A few minutes passes and nothing happens. They're still chatting, your instructor is still doing their job, and you're still distracted by their mindless babble. They certainly don't appreciate the fact that they're getting an education at one of the many fine schools in this lovely country, but you do.

You want to stand up, walk across the room, slap them across the face and tell them to shut their mouths or take it outside but you can't do that. Well, you could... but you don't want to get into any sort of trouble so you do what any other logical person would do.

...What do you do to these students who just talk and talk and talk, despite being in a class at the time? We've all experienced students who just don't respect the instructor and who don't respect the other students in the class. Some of us may even be that obnoxious student who runs their mouth until the end of the class, and the next day is surprised as anything that there's a test on the material and insists that nobody told them, despite the instructor having it clear as day on the board.

RCMF13

HI GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • I just ignore them, and pay attention.

If they try and talk to me, I just ignore them, they continue trying to talk to me, and eventually get caught by the teacher.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    I would join in on the conversation XD.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Years
  • I most of my classes, conversations like this tend to get stopped soon (or they're too quiet to let anyone else understand what they're about). If the conversation somehow does prevail against the teacher, I would of course join since most of the time, classes in which such conversations arise tend to be boring. But since his method against boredom rarely works, mostly time is killed by watching the clock, drawing senseless things and playing hangman. That was probably a bit off topic now, but whatever

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I usually just ask the Teacher to do something about it if they don't already mention something to them.

Hopefully embarrassment among your peers will help you to understand what you didn't learn in Middle School. :|

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I usually start or join in the talking.
    I mean, all my classes are boring and easy.
    So might as well talk through them.

Ayselipera

I usually just ignore them. As of this year I don't have any classes like that so I haven't had to encounter that kind of annoyance for a while. I admit sometimes I'm the one chatting away, but I always try to keep it down. Math class bores me to death~

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I ignore them. Ironically, they were usually the ones that approached me the day before the test offering me $10 to study my notes.

I usually take the money. My handwriting, especially quickly jotted notes, are almost impossible to comprehend. XD

Years
  • I'll do one of two things.

The first thing: Throw something small like an eraser or crumpled up piece of paper at the idiots.

The second thing: Our class is very packed together, so I'll either kick their chairs, or someone's near them. I'll be looking ahead boredly and 90% of the time I don't get caught.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I usually never noticed that anyone was talking because I was either daydreaming or doing my work.

And if I did hear them, I told them to shut up.​

Opaque

Sode no Shirayuki
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    I would look over at them till they catch my stare and hopefully stop what they were doing. :/

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Seeing as I used to be one of them, to my peers, they really don't care. Then again, no one really listened to the teacher, and we still learned what we needed to learn. xD

But nowadays, hardly anyone talks in class. Those who do shut up really quick. xD

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
  • I'm the one who starts talking. Like, always. I still listen and write the things down etc, but I can talk while I do that. >:o

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • People like that(not the talkers) are the obnoxious one. Just don't get distracted. You control your body, and your emotions. Unless there right in your face ( but you said there across the room, then chill) The week are distracted, the smart stay focus.

Years
  • People like that(not the talkers) are the obnoxious one. Just don't get distracted. You control your body, and your emotions. Unless there right in your face ( but you said there across the room, then chill) The week are distracted, the smart stay focus.

Some smart people are easily distracted by talking from across the room, especially if they are louder than the instructor. :\

Related to the topic, I'm pretty good at tuning people out if they are across the room - plus, I've never had an instructor who would actually take that crap.

Back