• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exploud devolve into Loudred!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayselipera

And therein lies everyone's beef with Tangrowth; it's just a bigger Tangela.

From a design aspect, that's just plain lazy.

Same can said of Lickilicky, Dugtrio, and Magneton. (However, in Magnetons case, that actually makes sense, since Magnemite's molecular structure is more similar to a machine- and thus unable to shift shape. The only way for such a creature to become more powerful would be a form of aggregation.)

Magnezone just looks kinda dorky. A UFO with eyeballs.

That's what I'm trying to get at. A lot of Pokemon evolve into just bigger versions of themselves with a few small changes. When Tangela evolves it turns into a bigger pile of vines with hands and different colored feet.

When Slowpoke evolves it looks the same except now it can stand on two feet and has a shell attached to it's tail. When Dratini evolves it just becomes longer, has a horn, and gains little weather orbs.

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
    I'm happy to say that I don't have any problems with any pokemon evolutions.

This is probably due to the fact that I refuse to acknowledge the existence of a few of them, particularly that HEINOUS lickitongue evolution.
    Haha, I refuse to acknowledge the existence of quite a lot of them. (:

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    That's what I'm trying to get at. A lot of Pokemon evolve into just bigger versions of themselves with a few small changes. When Tangela evolves it turns into a bigger pile of vines with hands and different colored feet.

When Slowpoke evolves it looks the same except now it can stand on two feet and has a shell attached to it's tail. When Dratini evolves it just becomes longer, has a horn, and gains little weather orbs.

Haha. True enough.

However, I would argue the point that Dragonair, Rapidash, Alakazam, Seadra, and other G1 evos are nicer to look at than Licilicky, Electivire, and Tangrowth.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I can't remember all of them that I would love eliminating or modifying the evolutions off, but from the top of my head, it would be Lickilicky, Magnezone and Probopass.

Also, Rhyperior to a certain level.

Years
    I'll probably get stabbed in the neck by quite a few people for saying this, but I think Eevee is just fine unevolved. I don't like ANY of the Eeveelutions.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I'll probably get stabbed in the neck by quite a few people for saying this, but I think Eevee is just fine unevolved. I don't like ANY of the Eeveelutions.

Eevee is certainly cute, but it's unusable in battle.

Umbreon, Jolteon and Vaporeon are all extremely well suited to competitive battling.

Years
    I absolutely HATE Magmortar. How ugly is that thing? I never want my Magmar to evolve! Ever! I hate Rhypherior or whatever, too. It ruined such a great, nostalgic pokemon. I can DEAL with Electrive, but I don't like it, and Tangrowth doesn't bother me that much.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    Mismagius, and I don't really have a legit reason. It just irked me. Sudowoodo's baby form was pretty useless. I think it was better as a non-evolving Pokemon.

One that's always annoyed me is Dragonite. I always hate evolving my Dragonair because it becomes so...ugly and bulky. D: Same thing goes for Venusaur.

Though I liked Weavile and Abipom as evolutions, as far as Fourth Gen goes...

Years
    I would have to disagree. I think they added the above stated evolutions to expand their evolutionary lines. Also, it is a choice to evolve your pokemon into the new evos. None of them evolve just by level up. Even if they did you could just prevent it from evolving via an everstone or by simply using the "B button". ~

Ill second that.
    If you dont like the evolution, dont evolve what you have. Simple as that.
    Stop whining.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    i dont like meganium

looks too green

Me neither...in fact, I don't think I ever really cared for Meganium at all. Compare it to other fully evolved starters and it just stands out as too docile-looking...lacking that aggressive appeal. I understand that that's exactly what draws most of its fans, but I'll take a Sceptile or a Venusaur any day over Meganium.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Gallade. Don't like it.
    edit: Oh and ffs, Hitmontop.

Sealeo and Walrein. Yeah, i agree.

Glalie! I love it, but Snorunt's too cute too! Glalie and Froslass should evolve from something else...I don't know what, but something.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh except I love Glalie :(
    He's so cute.

... And to some extent Froslass too, but it feels conformist.

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
    I absolutely HATE Magmortar. How ugly is that thing? I never want my Magmar to evolve! Ever! I hate Rhypherior or whatever, too. It ruined such a great, nostalgic pokemon. I can DEAL with Electrive, but I don't like it, and Tangrowth doesn't bother me that much.
    Lets try this gain....Magmar....has.....an ass....on it's face....and that ass....is on fire

Magmar is half duck half flaming ass

Magmortar has cannons for arms
    cannons that shoot fire!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The only Pokèmon I ever wished I did not e olve was Glameow... I really wish that they didn't do that to sch a awesome Pokèmon. Purugly is a letdown.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    Not too fond of Floatzel. I don't like his back sprite where it has its mouth opened like that. o_O But alas, Buizel alone can't do much unevolved. So... >_>; A darn shame too since I found him the only cooler water type other than the starters. =/

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone, Lickilicky.

Oh, and Probopass.

They just look like someone took the previous one, scribbled an extra bit on it and the designers, being short on ideas, just went, ".... um... oh, go on then."

i completely agree with this

rhyperior would be more awesome if it had more rhyhorn-ness to it, instead it seems like an ugly version of rhydon, ill still with rhydon :P

except i like electivire i just woish they allowed him to evolve by level up T^T

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back