• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exploud devolve into Loudred!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayselipera

Ever since the IV generation debuted I've noticed that a lot of members aren't too happy with the new evolutions that have been added onto some of the first and second generation Pokemon. So my question is if you could take away one evolution from one Pokemon which one would it be and why?

Also, if you think there is a Pokemon that has an evolution you don't care for, but it didn't get that evolution added on in the IV generation then feel free to say that either or also.

An example would be.
    I don't like Rhydon's new evolution Rhyperior because it ruined a nostalgic Pokemon.
    AND/OR
    I never liked Loudred's evolution Exploud because it is gross looking.​

Years
    Spheal: it's too cute to evolve into either of those awful things they made it evolve into. They're so ugly I forgot how to spell their names.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Glalie! I love it, but Snorunt's too cute too! Glalie and Froslass should evolve from something else...I don't know what, but something.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I honestly can't think of any pokémon I absolutely hated the evo's for. But I can't say that I really enjoyed Tangrowth.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I honestly can't think of any pokémon I absolutely hated the evo's for. But I can't say that I really enjoyed Tangrowth.

Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone, Lickilicky.

Oh, and Probopass.

They just look like someone took the previous one, scribbled an extra bit on it and the designers, being short on ideas, just went, ".... um... oh, go on then."

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    Magmar and Electabuzz's evolutions make them both slow down and look funky. I would like it if the Probopass, Rhyperior and Yanmega didn't exist.

I'm waiting to see when they will decide to make Mr. Mime's evolution (if that). I'm anticipating either an evil tall clown or a stubbier [dumb-face] squash. I vote tall evil.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Probopass It's a FREAKIN UGLY THING WITH A BEARD!!

But other than that they're all good.

Edit: How the heck do you guys hate Electivire,Magmortar & Rhypherior?
    They're awesome!

Kon~

Years
    Argh! I forgot Magmortar on my list!

Yeah, him too. All the fourth gen evos of first gen 'mons.

And Probopass.

And Yanmega.

Y'know what? If you're making the next Gen, leave the last few alone, 'k?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Lickilicky

Everything about it just reeks of the absence of any creativity. It looks just like a Lickitung with Downs Syndrome with an even less creative name. >_>

As much as I dislike Magnezone, Tangrowth, or Rhyperior, you can at least tell there was effort put into their designs, but Lickilicky...ugh....

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I hated Magnezone and Lickilicky. I loved Yanmega. He was one of the better ideas in my opinion. Porygon-Z is just rediculous. It's amazing how they come up with these things. I think a good idea would be Girafarig and Dunsparce evo's and prevo's. BTW, did you know that Jirachi was originally a Gen II Pokemon and can be found in the leftover files? Similar to how Gastrodon was going to be in Gen III but then was switched to Gen IV.

Years
    I half wonder if Generation V will bring us the first 'fourth-tier evolutions' of some species. They're running out of options otherwise :P

As far as evolutions I wish didn't exist, I can't really think of any to be honest. I don't mind most of the ones listed so far - although I will admit to Lickilicky being very... disturbing. Maybe the evolution of Piloswine? I didn't know that the Swinub-Piloswine line was so in demand that it asked for another evolution...

Kon~

Years
    I half wonder if Generation V will bring us the first 'fourth-tier evolutions' of some species. They're running out of options otherwise :P

As far as evolutions I wish didn't exist, I can't really think of any to be honest. I don't mind most of the ones listed so far - although I will admit to Lickilicky being very... disturbing. Maybe the evolution of Piloswine? I didn't know that the Swinub-Piloswine line was so in demand that it asked for another evolution...

There's another string to the argument. There are Gen I and II Pokemon that actually need evos, and instead they give us Pokemon that no one asked for.

Did anyone really need a Rhydon evo? Not really.

Does Dunsparce need an evo? Yes, very much, to stop it from sucking.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Probopass is the one I hate the most, it's so ugly and not necessary. One Pokemon I would like to see an evolution of though would be, Lapras.

Years
    On the subject of Yanmega...

Exploud devolve into Loudred!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back