• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exploud devolve into Loudred!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Their reasoning for it is that the software disk seems to have been devolped by a hacker type person/3rd party organisation, therefore because of lack of time/money/skill whatever there were some glitches in the updated software that caused Porygon-Z to become erratic and unstable.

Possibly also a reference to those that hack games and such, unlikely but it's worth mentioning.

That said, I agree 100% Porygon-Z is not that fitting for a v3 ;a shame but it is what it is.

Thats why its Porygon Z lol the Z is like a 2 see...the screw up wasn't caused by a hacker it was software updated to go into space and it messed up...the 2 became a Z its not V3 its V- ****ing crazy mode

on topic I HATE nosepass and its evo...they are both useless...in Gen V I heard they are doing a sweep of useless stuff and redoing stats and making evos for those needed so hopefully Gen V will be the promised land...alot need evos alot don't need evos...GameFreak will get it right someday...

kiyoi

Onion Kid
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2018
    I don't really hate any of the evolutions, but I do think some should not have existed or deserved a better design. Tangrowth, for example. And Togekiss.
    Also, I think scizor should have looked more like scyther. It could have been green, at least.

Prince of the Sea

#1 Manaphy Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    I never really understood why there's a Natu. Xatu is a peculiar mystic bird, and Natu is just Xatu sans torso.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    Lets try this gain....Magmar....has.....an ass....on it's face....and that ass....is on fire

Magmar is half duck half flaming ass

Magmortar has cannons for arms
    cannons that shoot fire!

LOL i agree with this
    i dont see any problem with magmortar D:

i think that a lot of the evos were necessary to improve stats, but the designs just lacked originality
    i.e. tangrowth

and i think rhyperior was just unnecessary, but i dont have a problem with it

also, glaceon's adorable, but it too is pretty unnecessary. and with all of the other choices for ice types or pokemon with ice moves, i never use glaceon

Years
    One that comes off the top of my head.. Politoed. Poilwrath by himself was enough, this thing just seems unnessicary. Does anyone actually use that thing? It doesn't even look like it remotely belongs in that group at all.

I generally have problems when they have like 4 different evolutions and such..(not including Eevee because it's a speical case) 3 seems to be the standard, I just have a hard time accepting it. I can almost say the same for Bellossom.

How some pokemon evolve is kinda dumb too. Like I don't understand why the 4th generation decided to add that "learn a skill then evolve" bit. It's not like the skills are attached to TMs so you can evolve early or anything. (I know mimic or whatever Mime Jr Needs isn't one) It pretty much amounts to being the lvl up method in the end.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Spheal: it's too cute to evolve into either of those awful things they made it evolve into. They're so ugly I forgot how to spell their names.

What, Walrein is fantastic. Not only is it strong but it looks really cool too. Far better than a Dewgong... it has more personality

Purugly is a letdown.

I actually like Purugly better than Glameow. Glameow looks sort of alien but Purugly is reminiscent of an actual cat. Persian and Meowth (cougar and bipedal cartoon?) look nothing like real cats.

Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magnezone, Lickilicky.

Oh, and Probopass.

They just look like someone took the previous one, scribbled an extra bit on it and the designers, being short on ideas, just went, ".... um... oh, go on then."

All 5 you listed are some of my favorite Sinnoh pokemon! >:-(

I won't argue the point on Probopass although I do like him better than Nosepass

Years
    .. I'm probably one of the few that actually liked Probopass and Magnazone .. heck just about all of the ones that's been ragged on for the past 4 pages lol. At least some of them look cool (in my subjective opinion anyway) .. Lickitung and it's Evo.. he was never "good" to begin with. Appearance or otherwise. No love lost there. And Tangela was doomed to obscurity as well, much for the same reason. So in away it kind of makes me happy to see at least some of them "in active duty" rather than others like Farfetch'd or Dunsparce who really have no use at all.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I base my opinions solely on appearance. I don't care about the "it needed an evolution so it would be competitive in battle" arguments.

Evolutions that should have been different - Crobat (how does it evolve from Golbat? Make it a split evo from Zubat), Bellossom (should have evolved from Oddish), all non-original Eeveelutions (where's the ruff? Eeveelutions should have ruffs! Plus Leafeon looks unappealing), Octillery (fish to octopus? No, split the two into separate families), Sceptile (minor design change needed), Nosepass (I like the concept, but needs a design change), Huntail/Gorebyss (how do they come from Clamperl? Split them off).

Evolutions that never should have existed - Lickilicky (give 'tung a prevo instead and call it a day), Rhyperior (Rhydon is impressive enough), Dragonite (ruins Dragonair), Probopass (because c'mon), Rotom's alt forms (because they mean Rotom can't get an evolution now).

Anything I haven't mentioned, I either like (Magnezone, Electivire, Yanmega, Tangrowth, etc.) or at least tolerate (Dugtrio (only because Diglett has that design), Unown).

Ayselipera

One that comes off the top of my head.. Politoed. Poilwrath by himself was enough, this thing just seems unnessicary. Does anyone actually use that thing? It doesn't even look like it remotely belongs in that group at all.

I generally have problems when they have like 4 different evolutions and such..(not including Eevee because it's a speical case) 3 seems to be the standard, I just have a hard time accepting it. I can almost say the same for Bellossom.

How some pokemon evolve is kinda dumb too. Like I don't understand why the 4th generation decided to add that "learn a skill then evolve" bit. It's not like the skills are attached to TMs so you can evolve early or anything. (I know mimic or whatever Mime Jr Needs isn't one) It pretty much amounts to being the lvl up method in the end.

Yeah, I used Politoed once before out of sheer curiosity and it didn't end up being too bad. Design wise I would go with Poliwrath any day, but power wise it wasn't bad at all. Also the only reason why it looks like it doesn't belong is because it's showing a tadpole going through its life process into a frog. I suppose though to make it look more like it belonged within that family they could of colored it blue. I think they should of went for the poison dart frog look and made Politoed a water/poison dual type. Although, Toxicroak may be somewhat based on that idea. I'm not entirely sure.

I base my opinions solely on appearance. I don't care about the "it needed an evolution so it would be competitive in battle" arguments.

Evolutions that should have been different - Crobat (how does it evolve from Golbat? Make it a split evo from Zubat), Bellossom (should have evolved from Oddish), all non-original Eeveelutions (where's the ruff? Eeveelutions should have ruffs! Plus Leafeon looks unappealing), Octillery (fish to octopus? No, split the two into separate families), Sceptile (minor design change needed), Nosepass (I like the concept, but needs a design change), Huntail/Gorebyss (how do they come from Clamperl? Split them off).

Evolutions that never should have existed - Lickilicky (give 'tung a prevo instead and call it a day), Rhyperior (Rhydon is impressive enough), Dragonite (ruins Dragonair), Probopass (because c'mon), Rotom's alt forms (because they mean Rotom can't get an evolution now).

Anything I haven't mentioned, I either like (Magnezone, Electivire, Yanmega, Tangrowth, etc.) or at least tolerate (Dugtrio (only because Diglett has that design), Unown).

I think a split evolution of Zubat into Golbat and Crobat would be a terrible choice. You would end up with one decent bat and one way over powered bat. Usually split evolutions have similar stats that are slightly changed around. I suppose if they went with the split evolution idea they would have worked that out, but still split evolutions are split because of two differing varieties of one Pokemon. If you split Zubat you'd get a poison/flying bat and a poison/flying bat with minor physical changes. Where as when you split Poliwhirl you get a solid water type frog and a water/fighting dual type giant tadpole.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I think a split evolution of Zubat into Golbat and Crobat would be a terrible choice. You would end up with one decent bat and one way over powered bat. Usually split evolutions have similar stats that are slightly changed around. I suppose if they went with the split evolution idea they would have worked that out, but still split evolutions are split because of two differing varieties of one Pokemon. If you split Zubat you'd get a poison/flying bat and a poison/flying bat with minor physical changes. Where as when you split Poliwhirl you get a solid water type frog and a water/fighting dual type giant tadpole.
    There was that point where I said "I base my opinions solely on appearance". Perhaps you overlooked that.

Of course the stats would be changed. I think Crobat would be based more on speed and HP, and Golbat more on (physical) attack and defence. They'd have (roughly) the same stat total. It's in my list because I can't see how some beefy thing with a huge mouth evolves into a slim thing that looks like a recolour of Zubat with two extra wings. What was the point of Golbat's mouth, then?

I'm not fond of Politoed either, and I have no idea what the King's Rock has to do with it.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I didn't give reasons in my last post, so here it is redone:

1. BELLOSOM - useless and like the same size as gloom. Vileplume wad MUCH better.
    2. LICKYLICKY - Same thing as Lickitung only pumped up. the name isn't even creative...
    3. PROBOPASS - Nosepass was uber to start with, he didn't need an evolution. And a retarded one at that...
    4. LEAFEON - it's just dumb. 'Nuff said. i think you're better off with Eevee...
    5. POLIWRATH - Looks exactly the same as Poliwhirl. Politoed was MUCH more creative.

Sorry if this is sloppy, i'm doing it on my Wii.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    I wish combusken had an alternative evolution. Like a blaziken with wings or something i'll put it up on mi deviantart gallery if anyones interested in seeing mi idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back