• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] Fakemon Contest #1 : Voting Stage

Vote for your favorite fakemon

• Fakemon #1

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Fakemon #2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fakemon #3

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Fakemon #4

• Fakemon #5

• Fakemon #6

• Fakemon #7

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Fakemon #8

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Fakemon #9

• Fakemon #10

• Fakemon #11

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Fakemon #12

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Fakemon #13

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Fakemon #14

• Fakemon #15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Voted for #3. Really creative design, totally something I wouldn't find out of place in a game, and appealing color scheme. I really like it.

Had a hard time voting between that and #13. Both really neat designs. Others were great too but it came down to these two for me. :p

Years
  • IMO It boiled down to Musi, Fanshee, Blosshum and Devlux.

Musi is great. Really cute and has vibrant colors. There is no existing hummingbirdmon yet so that's a plus. The antennae disturbs me for some reason tho. It feels tacked on to emit a fairy-type vibe i guess? The sketchy linework ticks me off a bit too, sorry.

Fanshee is really adorable, and the ability is nice. The low stats doesn't really imply specially defensive though. Haha. I think the big problem that hinders it though is its close resemblance to Whimsicott.

Blosshum is great too. It has cleaner lineworks and the blend of colors is nice. The problem though IMO is the behindtailfeathers. It's kinda disturbing to see some other pokemon suck nectar from its behindtailfeathers, right?

Devlux is really well done, and art quality-wise IMO it is the best in this contest. The typing and abilities make sense too. The only problem IMO is that its concept (demons) is quite questionable for pokemon.

In the end I voted for Devlux. On the whole its pros outweighs its cons so it's the one I picked. Good job to everyone :)

Last edited:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I voted for Fanshee, it seems like the sort of Pokemon I would enjoy using in battle.
    Devlux was a very close second in my mind though.

tobyjoey

place text here
    Years
  • Well, I am going to be different and vote for Number 1, Durabear! The concept is cool (those little guys are awesome), the coloring visually contrasts nicely, and I love the idea of the hidden ability, Statsis. The only negative I can really think of is that the shading is a bit... off? The shades of the shell-thing seem to varied to be from one color. Still, this is a pokemon that would fit into the series in my opinion.

Sirfetch’d

Really late at replying to this but I suppose better late than never? :D For me this was a tough decision as ALL of the entries were really unique and each one could be a winner here. That said, I want to talk about the 3 that I narrowed it down to because they stood out to me and honestly it's a tie for all 3 for me as I cannot pick one but for the sake of the poll I shall!

-entry 1:

I feel like of all of the entries this one has the best background to it. I love the name, the concept, the detail that went into the description and Pokedex entries. Just everything was in great detail which definitely made it stand out to me. I feel like this was a very unique approach on a Pokemon that I have never seen anything quite like it attempted before. The artwork is great as well! Although I think I prefer the shiny version over the normal :D

-entry 3:

This entry is my favorite based on artwork. The spriting is so clean and crisp and I could definitely see this being a Pokemon one day. I do wish that a little more thought would have went into the description as a few of the others did but I won't base my vote on that as it wasn't a requirement! Great job :D

-entry 12:

Love everything about this entry! The amount of work that went into this was simply amazing haha. While I feel as if the look isn't necessarily as Pokemonish as the other two that I mentioned I still feel like this was the best entry in the competition and that is why I decided to cast my vote for this one! It was super hard deciding between these 3 as I said earlier but I just couldn't not vote for this haha XD

Once again congrats to everyone! All entries were amazing and a special shoutout to entries 1,3, and 12 :D

Years
  • In my order of interest, in what I consider the top three designs, they are 12, 10, and 5. I voted for twelve because the design is condensed, sleek, and easy to recognize despite being condensed and not overly stylized. My second choice did not make my vote because the design was interesting, but very relatable to Sharpedo and therefore not as unique as I'd like.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    Tried to vote, but it's closed :( Anyway, Golbania looks like such an epic monster. I love snakes. Although, I wouldn't really want to meet one in a back alley... THAT could be dangerous! My vote would definitely go to Golbania!!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

[fakemon contest : results]

Okay everyone! After a whole month's worth of drawing, calculating, voting, and waiting; the results are in! It was a close match at first, with a lot of our strongest competitors pushing forward to take the win. Say a big congratulations to your winners, PC.​

First Place Winner

Magistrum with Devlux​

Second Place Winner

Frosslass_Maniac with Musi​

Third Place Winner

Sunfished with Fanshee​
    For winning the fakemon contest, Magistrum is awarded the very exclusive are rare opportunity to create a totally custom html usertitle and a winning emblem! Magistrum, I will be PMing you with more details about the usertitle.

Runners up will receive an honorary emblem marking their achievements in this contest. Everyone will be granted with a participants emblem; because I feel everyone here should be acknowledged and congratulated for the work they've put in until today.​

Thanks again for a great contest everyone!

Please take this time to discuss your personal thoughts on the winners and their drawings, and take the time to congratulate them. I think we all agree that it was well deserved. :') You guys make me so proud.​

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • Whew I was set on thinking I'm second place because last time I checked it was Musi that's leading :)

Congratulations to everyone, Awesome job!

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • Tried to vote, but it's closed :( Anyway, Golbania looks like such an epic monster. I love snakes. Although, I wouldn't really want to meet one in a back alley... THAT could be dangerous! My vote would definitely go to Golbania!!

Thank you! Golbania was my design, and it was very difficult to draw by hand. I'm kind of surprised it didn't get much attention...but I'm aware that my drawing skills aren't really that good to begin with...

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Ah yuss, I ranked this time :D

And to the comment about Fanshee's low stats, is because the entry was supposed to be for its evolution, but I included it in Fanshee's instead :P

And congrats to Magistrum and Frosslass_Maniac!
    So many cool entries this time; everyone did a great job! :D

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Congrats to Magistrum on his win, it was an excellent design and thus well earned. Also to everyone else, good showing! I enjoyed watching all these creative ideas and how each participant portrayed them.

Back