• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Fakemon FireRed

Years
  • Hello! :>

I am having difficulties with the day/night cycle or better said, night time evolutions. I checked everything in the emulator (Visual Boy Advance) to match the time of my computer, as far as I can tell... But it's still not working. Is it somehow bound to american times or something? Otherwise I can't explain why my mons (namely Budora) only evolves into the day form after 00:00 or 12pm... :c Any ideas what I could try? Thanks a lot and I appreciate this game, I love these Fakemons!

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Hello! :>

I am having difficulties with the day/night cycle or better said, night time evolutions. I checked everything in the emulator (Visual Boy Advance) to match the time of my computer, as far as I can tell... But it's still not working. Is it somehow bound to american times or something? Otherwise I can't explain why my mons (namely Budora) only evolves into the day form after 00:00 or 12pm... :c Any ideas what I could try? Thanks a lot and I appreciate this game, I love these Fakemons!

Hey man, glad to hear you're enjoying the game. I'm not entirely sure what to do, though :/ You're using VBA on a PC, yeah? And you've checked off the "real-time clock" option in VBA? Day-time should be ranging from noon to midnight, and night-time should be from midnight to noon. If you've got all of that, then I'm honestly not sure what to do, sorry.

Years
  • Hey man, glad to hear you're enjoying the game. I'm not entirely sure what to do, though :/ You're using VBA on a PC, yeah? And you've checked off the "real-time clock" option in VBA? Day-time should be ranging from noon to midnight, and night-time should be from midnight to noon. If you've got all of that, then I'm honestly not sure what to do, sorry.

Yeah, I've tried pretty much every option ;_; Idk... Maybe it's the emulator version? I'm currently using 2.1.4, before that I used an even older version that didn't even have the real time option, lol. Eh, maybe I can catch a Morteak on Route 6, and evolve it. Anyways, thanks for answering!!
    Also, another problem... My Megacrypt can't evolve with the use of an Up-Grade, for some reason. Do I have to find one somwhere (I read some time ago that you made two versions or something?) The ones I'm trying to use I bought at the department store, I think.

Pekin

Years
  • Yeah, I've tried pretty much every option ;_; Idk... Maybe it's the emulator version? I'm currently using 2.1.4, before that I used an even older version that didn't even have the real time option, lol. Eh, maybe I can catch a Morteak on Route 6, and evolve it. Anyways, thanks for answering!!
    Also, another problem... My Megacrypt can't evolve with the use of an Up-Grade, for some reason. Do I have to find one somwhere (I read some time ago that you made two versions or something?) The ones I'm trying to use I bought at the department store, I think.

Huh that's odd. Personally, I'm using VBA 1.8.0-beta3, which has the real-time option, and that works perfectly for me on PC. And yeah, there are two Up-Grade items, but one of them is called "Old Up-Grade", because I had to make a new item to work as the evolution item, so I just needed a way to distinguish the two. The only way to get an "Old Up-Grade", though, should be off of wild Floatech, because I forgot to update those. The regular "Up-Grade" item should work though, not sure what the issue is there. You can get the Up-Grade item off of wild Voltan (Power Plant or Route 10) or at the Poké Mart on Three Island.

Years
  • Huh that's odd. Personally, I'm using VBA 1.8.0-beta3, which has the real-time option, and that works perfectly for me on PC. And yeah, there are two Up-Grade items, but one of them is called "Old Up-Grade", because I had to make a new item to work as the evolution item, so I just needed a way to distinguish the two. The only way to get an "Old Up-Grade", though, should be off of wild Floatech, because I forgot to update those. The regular "Up-Grade" item should work though, not sure what the issue is there. You can get the Up-Grade item off of wild Voltan (Power Plant or Route 10) or at the Poké Mart on Three Island.

Hm. Yeah, it's really weird. Well, I managed to get a Morteak on Route 6 so it doesn't matter anyways, not now at least. I think I have some mons in the PC that only evolve at night but I don't necessarily need them, nor am I doing a complete Pokedex challenge. Maybe I will try the version you used at a later point, though!

Uhuh, okay. I hope I can find them somewhere, if I do and I have success, I will post an update here! And yep, I bought the updates on Three Island, sooo... Technically it should work, but it says "no use", sadly.

Pekin

Years
  • Hm. Yeah, it's really weird. Well, I managed to get a Morteak on Route 6 so it doesn't matter anyways, not now at least. I think I have some mons in the PC that only evolve at night but I don't necessarily need them, nor am I doing a complete Pokedex challenge. Maybe I will try the version you used at a later point, though!

Uhuh, okay. I hope I can find them somewhere, if I do and I have success, I will post an update here! And yep, I bought the updates on Three Island, sooo... Technically it should work, but it says "no use", sadly.

Oh wait, I just read your first comment again. If you're trying to evolve a Megacrypt, then there's the issue. Kilocrypt is able to evolve into Megacrypt with an Up-Grade, but Megacrypt is fully evolved, you shouldn't be able to use an Up-Grade on it. Unless you actually meant Kilocrypt, but just typed Megacrypt instead, then yeah, I'm still at a loss. I just tested it, and Kilocrypt's evolution should work just fine.

Years
  • Oh wait, I just read your first comment again. If you're trying to evolve a Megacrypt, then there's the issue. Kilocrypt is able to evolve into Megacrypt with an Up-Grade, but Megacrypt is fully evolved, you shouldn't be able to use an Up-Grade on it. Unless you actually meant Kilocrypt, but just typed Megacrypt instead, then yeah, I'm still at a loss. I just tested it, and Kilocrypt's evolution should work just fine.

Nope, you're right, I just fought the Elite Four and wondered why they would have a second stage mon... WELL. I read the wiki article wrong and didn't look again for quite some time, sor there's that. :'D I'm sorry to have caused confusion! >.<

Otherwise, I'm done with the game now and I had a ton of fun! I will definitely play again when you update it! <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    Hey, love the game and I'm one pokemon away from completing the dex. I can't seem to find Radot anywhere. I have been searching route 21 for ages and ven on the pokemon location list on the fakemon wiki page there is no other location for radot or its encounter rate. Really hope you could help.

Pekin

Years
  • Hey, love the game and I'm one pokemon away from completing the dex. I can't seem to find Radot anywhere. I have been searching route 21 for ages and ven on the pokemon location list on the fakemon wiki page there is no other location for radot or its encounter rate. Really hope you could help.

I just double-checked, and it should be available on Route 21, in the grass just to the south of Pallet Town. I'm not sure about the encounter rate, though, but you should only be able to encounter Radot or Pluggot in that specific patch of grass.

Is it complete? Anyway, I'm curious about this project

Yeah, it's complete. I'm working on an update that will add a lot more content and more convenience or "quality of life" features. Also, bug fixes and re-designs of a bunch of the fakemon. But that's still in the pretty distant future, so for now, the hack is complete and beatable, yeah.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    Okay, I gotta say that Cosmic and Digital are some of the coolest ideas for types I've ever heard. May just have to look into this one as well, hoping it's great!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I just beat Erika and was looking around on the wiki and saw one of my mons evolves with a legend stone. Where can I find one? I looked on the wiki and tried doing a Google search and couldn't find anything :( loving the hack so far too!

sz

Years
  • I just beat Erika and was looking around on the wiki and saw one of my mons evolves with a legend stone. Where can I find one? I looked on the wiki and tried doing a Google search and couldn't find anything :( loving the hack so far too!

Each one of the legendary trio holds one

Back