• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fallout: New Vegas

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I kind of am even though im not going to play it until I get my platinum trophy for fallout 3. It would be nice to see the eyebots singing that one song from the trailer through. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I'll get it, I completed all the fallout 3 and expansions so far so something new is nice :D

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
    Years
    to enjoy Fallout New Vegas you do not need to be a Fallout 3 player, but it doesn't hurt. You actually would do better by just playing any random shooter, and then FALLOUT 1 or 2 for your PC (New Vegas' storyline follows after the end of Fallout 2.. sort of.)
    (just ignore New Reno story tie-ins in Fallout 2, they totally got rid of new reno, replacing it with Vegas.)
    I am a Fallout guru. the only thing stopping me from getting every Fallout new vegas achievement in about a week, is the fact that I work 40+ hours a week and am in college.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    I loved Fallout 3, I am looking forward to this one but I'll have to wait until my birthday to get it because Blackops is more important.
    I would take New Vegas over any CoD game any day.

I'm epic excited for this game. Fallout is just about my favorite game world ever. Fallout 3 is still one of the best games I have ever played, so I can't wait to see what Obsidian can do with THEIR series.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I'll be getting my copy for christmas, along with fable 3.

However, my copy of pokemon white will be arriving soon and I'll be playing that alot.

I am very excited to see how it looks though.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
    I've pre-ordered a copy. I loved Fallout 3 and all the factions and towns and such, and I can't wait to get my hands on New Vegas.

It has voice acting from Matthew Perry and Felicia Day, darn it! xD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Seeing how I got into the series after playing Fallout 2, I'm definitely excited for this game, more so than Fallout 3.

Couldn't wait for the Japanese release, so I just preordered the American release.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Been playing this game for a couple hours. Gameplay is pretty much the same as it was in Fallout 3. (Which I don't mind) Can't really say much else as I haven't done much yet. I don't expect to have too much trouble as I did when I went through my first run of Fallout 3, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    The reviews so far have been pretty abysmal considering how great of a game it was expected to be. So far, I have about 13 hours put into it and I've only experienced one freeze which forced me to have to restart my 360. It's extremely similar to Fallout 3, which for me, isn't really a bad thing, but some people seem to think it is. I've enjoyed the game thus far, but there isn't anything that I love about it.

Years
    I don't normally pay attention to critics, because I feel that I have a different enjoyment factor to them.

I am not buying fallout: New Vagus any time soon, mainly because if I do, my final year of University will go down the drain! XD

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    If you want me to be completely honest, FNV looks like Call of Duty: Fallout Edition. I'v seen only one gameplay trailer, but after seeing a few minutes I was not really impressed. It looks like a rehashed Fallout 3.
    I can't really say it's exactly like FO3, but I still have a feeling it would be 70% same/similar. I'm not saying this is entirely bad, but I don't want to see this continue or we'll see rehashed games all over the store. Or torrent website, depending on the way you get them.

EDIT: Half a hour ingame already shows me it's a rehash, but it doesn't seem bad. I'll give it a go.

Last edited:
    Years
    The game is not bad, but it does have a fair amount of bugs. Some of which are game breaking.
    If you're thinking about getting the game I suggest you wait a bit until they've patched it.

As for the game itself it's, as has been mentioned, very similar to Fallout 3. However, that doesn't mean that the game doesn't have anything new or different in it.
    If you pick the Wild Wasteland trait, for example, there will be far more references to the first two Fallout games as well as silly stuff put in for comedy.
    There's also has quite a large amount of quests for the player to complete, and the addition of a Hardcore mode that makes the game much more challenging.

Considering the engine it looks pretty good on the highest settings.

Last edited:

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    I'm getting it for free from my friend's brother's friend's cousin. Or something like that. I need to travel to Baltimore which is about 30-60 minutes away to get it, though.

Back