• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Because less than an hour has passed since you even posted the request...

On top of that, it's not very convincing for anyone who read your notice in the pokemon fanfiction forum to participate, if they see an author who can't wait for a week at least. Everything in fanfic is calculated with day as the smallest units of measurement at the very minimum... An experienced writer should know that and will be patient about everything.

(btw, a better topic title will definitely help)

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
    Hey all ^^; Just dropping in to say hi. I have computer access, thank God O.O. 25 e-mails to go through... eh...

So, what are we talking about?

EDIT:

In reply to:

I'm wondering if there are any other motive to "save the world" out there that's commonly used in fanfics... so far I can only think of these 3.

In my fic, a character feels a moral obligation to help people simply because he can (though admitedly people in the same position don't feel the same obligation... I'm not sure if thatcounts as a motive).

Last edited:

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    Mmm, my character doesn't go in for saving the world. He prefers to save his own little region. His motives are sorta like Act's in that he feels a moral obligation to do so, in this case because he's discovered something about his region that he believes is morally wrong. Actually, it's pretty much screwed him over for life, so it's also partially a revenge thing. But he never actually "saves" anything (in fact, I will be snickering to myself while I write that part).

I think morals are a fairly common motive: the protagonist sees something wrong in the world and set out to change it. Usually along the way they find out that there's some humongous plot to destroy stuff and stop it.

Dragon Lover

Oooh, words under my name.
    Years
    Somone gave me bad rep for critisizing their fic' -__- Those small red boxes mean negative rep right?

you guys can dicuss your saving the world concept thingey but I might post a revision of my first ever pok?mon fic'. The starting is a little to clich? so I might change it completely...

Any suggestions?

Random:
    Muffins are yummy *drools*

~DL~

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'd really like to write a nice Dark fic where the world is saved unintentionally, or grudginly by the anti-hero.

^^;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Nekomajo Asunya said:
    Just wondering: what is the character limit per post? I wanna know in case I want to edit a chapter.

Think it's 20000? I'm not sure...

Oooooo funny facts of the day.

Did anyone notice two stories with complete identical name in PC Pokemon forum? :D (well ok fine... one got a exclaimation mark and the other doesn't)

What does this tell you about both of the story? :D

Titles are important people... do spend some time with it >>;
    Identical titles should NEVER happen.

Congratulation Breezy for Fanfic of the Month :D

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Oh I will. :) *FIND A NEW FIC MEANIE a.k.a LACKS SELF-ESTEEM TO REALIZE THAT SHE GOT FFOTM*

I know the PC character limit is short because it took me three posts to post a chapter. ._.; Maybe two. Still though...

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah, it is too short. I tried asking people in the staff to take it off but they said that taking it off means that they need to take off the limit for the whole forum. So, sorry guys. I guess you have to bear with it...

I mean, I hate it, too especially when my older stories got cut off...

But it wasn't as bad as the censors. It's amazing ... when "crap" got censored, it destroyed my entire story... lol

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    20000 is too short? Try PE2K's character limit. It's HALF as much.
    Personally, I like this character limit, but that's probably because I was used to PE2K's limit. It's nice not having to split your chapters up so much.

Oh, and I've editted the first four chapters of HMW a bit. Three ended up getting the most edits, and I was surprised it didn't go over the limit.

I SWEAR I'm going to make fan fic of the month sometime in my life.

frostweaver said:
    funny facts of the day.

Did anyone notice two stories with complete identical name in PC Pokemon forum? :D (well ok fine... one got a exclaimation mark and the other doesn't)

If someone stole any of my story/chapter titles, I'll hunt 'em down (unless they have a good enough reason).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    frostweaver said:
    Think it's 20000? I'm not sure...

Oooooo funny facts of the day.

Congratulation Breezy for Fanfic of the Month :D

Same title? ._.; Same...title....? SAME TITLE?!!?!?!?!?! [/spaz] That's like an affront to our Forum o.o; But, are you sure there wasn't an unoriginal "Title-Caper" involved?

And CONGRATS Breezy! :D

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Poor P_B. :P I understand why her fic is called "Temptation Eyes" but definitely not the one with the exclamation point.

And thank you Frosty (I didn't see it before) and Katsuro. Even though there are better fics here. ._.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I haven't read WSBB yet XD But, I've been meaning to. The title is just too tempting to resist :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back