• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Breezy said:
    I'm sure they should. *shrug* US History is my sleeping period so I have no clue what the heck is going on in that class.

I get to write an essay on the symbols of Moby Dick though. I'll switch ya! =D
    Moby Dick, The Mayor of Casterbridge, and A Tale of Two Cities. The three books that I will never ever read. The horror when I read two of them... it's like a nightmare on paper.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Try Scarlet Letter. That's a romantic novel too. I'm sure you'll love that one too.

*swats away the big words in Moby Dick* I... I can't seem to find the big white whale in here. Besides that though, I like interpreting on the characters and symbols. ^.^

Last edited:

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    XD Scarlet Letter! We had a project in class where we had to construct a sentence at least as long as one that Hawthorne uses... mine was seventeen lines...

I'll agree that the forums are dead. Many forums die around this time of year; people go away on vacation and such. I'll be leaving, but fortunately my destination has a computer with internet access, albeit crappy.

Today was the last day of school! XD We had another party in AP Bio. We're always partying in class. And we're supposed to be the "good kids"...

Years
    Breezy said:
    Try Scarlet Letter. That's a romantic novel too. I'm sure you'll love that one too.

*swats away the big words in Moby Dick* I... I can't seem to find the big white whale in here. Besides that though, I like interpreting on the characters and symbols. ^.^
    It only appears in the last 2-3 chapters...>>

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I only know one thing from Moby Dick (haven't read the book myself though)

It is one of the last sources in the world where it tells the world the true meaning of a 4 letter d word that doesn't mean condemn. >>;

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Akinari said:
    Moby Dick, The Mayor of Casterbridge, and A Tale of Two Cities. The three books that I will never ever read. The horror when I read two of them... it's like a nightmare on paper.
    You think THOSE were a pain...

Wait till you're assigned Pride and Prejudice.

One word: STRESSFUL.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    To be honest, I didn't read Moby Dick either. XD So I wouldn't know about the four letter d word meaning something else other then condemn. All I know is that it's heavily based off of a lot biblical stories and American society. And something about transedentalism = BAD

It only appears in the last 2-3 chapters...>>
    The whale? Yeah. It does. 'Tis funny. Other captains tell that they have seen Moby Dick, but they actual fight him until the end.

Moby Dick never dies. Meep.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    No no... I'm talking about the "other" 4 letter d word that doesn't mean condemn, and it's used improperly today as 99.5% of all people who uses that word, do not know its original meaning. PC rules state that I can never say the true meaning of the word here because it'll be censored out and I'll be warned for saying explicit materials :o Maybe I'll do it through PM if you want to know what I'm talking about.

Pride and Prejudice? You, being a girl, "supposedly" have a natural edge against it. I'm not being sexist how "romance story is for girls" but it's just that Jane Austin is the first female author in the world, and her target audiences are the housewives (aka, female) who got nothing to do at home when the kids are at school but to read at that time. In theory, girls have an advantage against that book due to that.

I loved that book though, even though I only read half of it (lost the bookmark for that book one day, can't find my spot in the book anymore, then just lost all interest in re-reading from the very beginning again >>; )

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    by the true meaning, do you mean "detective"? What's a detective got to do with Moby Dick? Or is "detective" another mis-used definition?

Frostweaver said:
    Jane Austin is the first female author in the world

someone seems to be overlooking the Eastern world (and shame on anyone who does that in an anime forum, of all things). Japanese women were praised for their literary works for centuries, in fact, part of today's writing system was developed from them. The earliest example I can think of being Murasaki Shikibu, who wrote Genji Monogatari sometime in the 11th century, a good 600 years before Jane Austin.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *yawn* just wondering... besides for writing christmas specials, who's actually STILL writing at this time of the year, where it's "almost" Christmas holidays but just not quite, and that you STILL have to go to school?

It's just this time of the year that I'm at my laziest hours o.o; don't want to do anything but play (that means, no "english homework" reviewing and looking for symbols, grammar mistakes, and etc etc)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2014
    THERE WE GO! That's the PC writing lounge I know and love. I'm going to be reading a lot of classical books I suppose since I skipped Sophomore Language Arts and will be taking AP lit. So far, I read Scarlet Letter, which I thought was pretty good, but it takes like an hour to read one chapter! And i didn't have enough time to read the entire thing. Yet somehow I got the highest grade on the test XD After the class dicussion I said to my teacher "This seems like a pretty good booK! I might read it something!" Maybe that's the reason she doesn't like me anymore...

I heard Moby Dick was awful, 1000 pages about a guy chasing a whale o_0. I actually was going to read Pride and Prejudice, but enough people get on my back about reading girl books so I started reading Call of the Wild/White fang instead.

And I suppose you could say Jane Austen was the first Western female author, but yes, post classical Japan had a LOT of emphasis on females releasing their creativity, mainly through writing. I read a bit of the Tale Gengi, it's prolly better in japanese because it was quite boring in English.

Speaking of classical fiction, I just posted my legendary Whirl Island Quest remake! Now THATS a classic!

Oh and Frosty, I'm finding it hard to write now too! I was able to write easily on school off days but now that it's a holiday I can't!

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    *pokes* Be alive, O fanfiction lounge! You mustn't die! ;; Lily loves this place. ;;

I'm writing, still, but .. I don't know. I'm not finding that abundance of ideas like I used to. What happened to my glorious days of dishing out a one shot after another?!

*weep*

Happy Holidays, fanfiction writers. :D<3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    YAAAAYYYY Lily is back ^o^

I don't know Lily. It may depend on how much you read. Maybe in the past you read a lot more than how much you read right now, and that's why inspiration is decreasing? Or simply, you do have the same amount of ideas but now you are mentally scrapping more of them out, afraid that they probably "won't work." At least, I do the latter. >>;

It's incredibly hard to do anything productive these last few days of school so close to Christmas... eugh...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    IceKing said:
    THERE WE GO! That's the PC writing lounge I know and love. I'm going to be reading a lot of classical books I suppose since I skipped Sophomore Language Arts and will be taking AP lit. So far, I read Scarlet Letter, which I thought was pretty good, but it takes like an hour to read one chapter! And i didn't have enough time to read the entire thing. Yet somehow I got the highest grade on the test XD After the class dicussion I said to my teacher "This seems like a pretty good booK! I might read it something!" Maybe that's the reason she doesn't like me anymore...

I heard Moby Dick was awful, 1000 pages about a guy chasing a whale o_0. I actually was going to read Pride and Prejudice, but enough people get on my back about reading girl books so I started reading Call of the Wild/White fang instead.

And I suppose you could say Jane Austen was the first Western female author, but yes, post classical Japan had a LOT of emphasis on females releasing their creativity, mainly through writing. I read a bit of the Tale Gengi, it's prolly better in japanese because it was quite boring in English.

Speaking of classical fiction, I just posted my legendary Whirl Island Quest remake! Now THATS a classic!

Oh and Frosty, I'm finding it hard to write now too! I was able to write easily on school off days but now that it's a holiday I can't!
    Sorry~ but it's "THAT'S" ;D Welcome back~ And you know what? Don't let peer pressure bug you. I really can't stand Call of the Wild. It annoys me to the nth degree.

Anyways, it's not 'Happy Holidays' Lily. We tossed out political correctness in favor of Jesus.

So Merry Christmas fanfic writers! =3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    math correctness, please

Hmm... so Katsuro hates Call of the Wild to the nth power, but what if n is a fraction, oh! That means Katsuro actually likes it a lot ^_^ Aww we don't discriminate you just because you like some odd ball book which I've never read before in my life.

And children, if you didn't get what's the whole point of this post, it is a satire on (anything) correctness. Hmm... and suddenly Frosty has a crazy fanfic idea O.o; (but he shall save it til after Christmas when his laziness shakes off)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ok fine, I should've specified that n is greater than 0 ;3

Anyways, it's pretty dry. Stephen King is my classic literature <3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    err...

(Katsuro's liking of the book) ^ (a number between 0 and 1) = he likes it! he likes it"!

someone" fell asleep in math class XD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back