• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Actually, I saw that Lucifer is a good name for "light". It's only denounced 'cause of the whole Satan thing... We should be proud he wasn't named Jesus or something.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Anyways, I got a question that was inspired by Pink Parka Girl's question at Serebii forums: Does your Pokemon have different personalities on and off the battlefield? Seems to not make sense, huh? :P I will give an example. There was one member at Serebii who said he read a fanfiction of a Jolteon who is fast when battling, but lazy when not battling. XD

Yes, a few of my pokemon do. I won't name names, but off field one pokemon will be a nurturing big brothery type but on the field he turns into a bloodthirsty fighter.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    You people! Stop posting while I'm in work! D=

Hey, Bay! That Jolteon belongs to the fic written by the one who mentioned it. I am an avid reader of that fic. :p

But as for your question, I think that my main character's starter Pokemon is like that. Outside of battle, he's a worried little coward. In battle he's fearless, but only because he was told that he had to be brave in battle because it was his duty as a Pokemon.

ACC, I dun know why everyone is afraid of the "evil" names. Yes, they might bring up bad connotations with some readers, but imagine the fun you could have with a character named Lucifer! He could hand out balloons and cookies! (And now I just realized that I spelled "cookies" wrong at work. Oh well.)

FireTrainer92, just post here and ask for reviews or PM a few people. Careful With That Axe, Pichu might be willing to give you a review, and I know that your fic is on my list of ones to look over. But school is starting soon for the both of us, so you'll just have to be patient a bit.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Actually, there's some measure of uncertainty as to whether Lucifer (which literally means 'light bearer') does apply to Satan. (Its mention in the Bible is at a completely random place in one of the books of the major prophets, and it could possibly be referring to a king or a ruler of some sort). Just thought I'd point that out.

I have a roleplaying character named Achan, so I guess that's a start for breaking the trend. (For those of you who don't know, Achan is famous for stealing treasure that was an offering to the Lord, thereby removing the Lord's favor from Israel just before a crucial battle. They lost, and the next day they drew lots to see who was the culprit. Achan lost, so he and his family all got killed. Yep, that's exactly the kind of name you expect someone to give their kid. XD)

Firetrainer92, you're the one with the Pokemon Ranger fic, correct? Yah, I've been meaning to review it myself. I'll see what I can do later today, when I'm not busy trying to milk as much as possibly out of these last few days before I return to school.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Don't know if this is really the place for sharing ideas for fanfics (if not sorry for making a post in the wrong place), but I've kind of got two ideas, one for a short story and another for a short novel, I could use some kind of opinion on. Here they are.

Biohazard (A Mystery Dungeon short novel)
    Ten years after the meteor almost destroyed the world of Pokemon, Alakazam, Charizard, and Tyranitar (same ones from the MD games) are out exploring the ruins of a human civilization that had been abandoned 500 years ago. Their trek brings them to an abandoned biology lab, where they encounter a parasitic monster that tries to drain Charizard's body fluids. Fending it off, they are then attacked by an second beast and that is that last they're heard of.

Their disappearance causes an uproar in Pokemon Square several days later. Numerous rescue teams have been called in from all over the area, one of which is a new team led by a mysterious Buizel (really a human) whose suffering from amnesia and another famous team that's slowly taking the place of Alakazam's.

At first, Buizel's team is denied the mission, but when the other team goes missing, his team quickly takes it over. However, going to the ruins brings back horrible memories of events leading to a plague that eliminated the entire population of the old city.

Too make matter's worse, discovering the parasite and the second monster capable of causing horrible infections that caused the disappearance of the last two teams makes him question if he was the one that created them and caused the plague that destroyed the city eons before. Also, battling the two may also cause the second to unleash its horrible power upon the world of Pokemon.

Week 23 (A short story)
    Zack couldn't have been more spoiled. The son of a CEO and top Pokemon Coordinator, he was rich, got everything he wanted, and had no reason to do anything but sit around working on his laptop all day.

Upset with his lazy attitude, his parents sent him to live on a farm with his Uncle Barney for the next week. Unbeknownst to Zack, though, he wouldn't just be stuck doing farm chores all week; Barney would have him become a junior trainer at the Pokemon gym he ran.

Given a seemingly sickly Pokemon called Oposease (clearly a fakemon of mine), Zack slowly began to befriend the creature. However, doing so would cause it to evolve into something that most people hated. Will he look past the horrible popular opinion of the creature, or make it suffer from loneliness?

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Wait, we're allowed to ask for reviews here? If thats the case, Could a few people review my fanfic? I want to have at least one comment before posting the next chapter

I like the idea of "Biohazard" It has potential to be good. But if its done scrappily then it could be poor, so make sure to take time to write it. Your short story idea is also good. Personally I like longer stories as opposed to short ones, though.

Bay

Years
    "Biohazard" sounds like a really good idea. You should totally do that one! Like Griff said though, take your time. Also, this has potential for character development. Would like to see how you will write the Buizel's reaction towards this situation of his.

Week 23 sounds like a good story too. Hm, wonder what kind of Pokemon Oposease is. XD

Well, good luck!

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    You like my ideas? Awesome! Personally I like shorter fics mainly because they're a little easier to write and don't have to be really as in-depth in some areas like longer ones do. But still, there some things that just can't be avoided. Of course, I'm gonna take my time with them.

Enperuto

Lurking Connoisseur
    Years
    Ideas are trivial. Writing quality is what matters. Thus, if you want them to really work out, it'd be better to write something simpler and work on the quality of the writing. Of course plot still has substance, but ideas are useless without writing quality. Also, of course, ideas are as common as the fish in the sea.

But you're ideas do sound intriguing... which is generally what draws a reader first to the whole thing of opening up the thread. Then the quality must do its job.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    ^My overall writing quality shouldn't be too bad, considering how I normally do take the time to read over most things I write to make sure there aren't a lot of significant spelling/grammar errors. Also, I normally try to make sure there's a smooth flow so it's not like one thing's happening in one paragraph and then there's a jump to a completely unrelated thing in the next.

But, you still raise a good point... People can come up with ideas for fanfics left and right, but these mean nothing unless one's writing quality is good.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone could leave a comment in my new fic. I really hate it when you get views but no comments >.<. And I don't wanna post new chapie til I'm sure someone's actually reading.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Glajummy, I'm going to review your fic. It's just that my free time for reviewing as disappeared because school started. So I'm drowning in college work. >.< But I'll get there in the next couple of days, since it's a long weekend from school, and I have an extra day off.

And yes, I always say that no matter how good the idea, your writing quality can either kill it or allow it to thrive.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Okay, thanks Hanako. School's starting up soon for me and I wanted to get a few updates in before it consumes my time.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    As of now, this is a possibilty in my mind.

In my fic, after the 2nd or 4th or 6th gym (I haven't decided which, yet) I'm rewriting everything up until a said point (After 8 badges are obtained). I'm doing this, not only because I find that the chapters in between those points are rather sloppy compaired to the rest, since I was in a rush and a new writer while writing them, but also because I no longer want to go down the road of obtaining all 8 badges. It's going to be a tough job. Are there any tips to go about a rewrite like this? ( I will remember continuity)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    If you plan on drifting from the Pokemon Master road, I advise it done early and steadily in the story (Like around the 4th badge, when the main character is pretty much an average skilled trainer). In my fic, from the Prologue I adress that the story is much deeper than the simple chilche. This way, the readers aren't expecting my fic to end with my main becoming the new champion without some major conflict take place.

So yeah, what I'm trying to say is don't have your character collect 6 badges, then just go off to defeat Team Rocket when he's so close to qualifying for the Pokemon League.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Ok, its going to be tough to do, since an evolution takes place around that time. I'll have to think of another way for ___ to evolve.

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    all your talk about getting rid of the league quest reminds me a lot of the background behind my own story (spoiler tagged 'cause it's a long read. You may find worthwhile if you were a fan of my previous work, and I'll even be hinting at a few things concerning the plans for my doujinshi revision. Otherwise, you can just skip ahead and see the less in-depth summing up of it all).

Spoiler:

So, I guess what I'm saying is that if you want to drop the badge quest completely, maybe you'd be better off revising it completely. If some things came up from the quest idea that you really liked, you could still manage to work them in there if you're creative enough. However, if you're really not in the mood to revise, it's still possible for you to improvise, come up with a solution to deviate from the badges and have the characters stay focused on a bigger issue at hand (it worked in the Special manga, after all).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back