• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • Chikorita v.Gulpin? WJ|HERE??? I MUST HAS A SEE!!

ARGH! I'll track 'er. She'll be no problems compared to tha' guy. What's 'is name again? Ah, Giovanni!

Right, where'dya think sheh went?

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • OHHH NOOOO!!!
    There are far too many opposers now! How can I fight chainsawed Chanseys, ninja Caterpies, and a bunch of... uh, er... mutated and apparently hideusly strong Pokémon?! I only have my Sentret and their flamethrowers! And poetry!
    Ahh, I know, I should bring you down with some mind-controlling and hypnotizing poetry...
    Besides, I do know what an orgy is, I'm just a bit hazy on the subject of how is this an orgy... Hence the "why is it called an orgy" instead of "what is an orgy".

...A-ha, a call came just in. Apparently my generals (a bunch of Furret) have recruited some seriously self-destructive kamikaze emo-Pidgey, too. I'll kick your butts in no time if my troops consist of, what, delusional Sentret and emo Pidgey. Yippee. You're so going down, people. Can you sense how confident I am...? As in, not at all..?

If your characters had super-powers, what powers would they have?
    Cimi would want to fly. Radeem thinks she already is perfect so she wouldn't need any superpowers. Pichu, on the other hand, would take every single super-power he could get, from the power of love to walking trough walls. Super speed would suit him best, though. He's a bit lively, you know?
    Adan would probably want to be super strong or something, but I'd give him the ability to turn invisible anytime he wants. That'd make a lot better story.

April would definitely be like Elastigirl from The Incredibles, because she resembles Helen Parr a considerable amount. Jack, on the other hand, is someone I can't imagine having superpowers, because the whole character is based on ordinarity and bad luck. With his luck, he'd turn into stone or something. Maybe he'd have telekinetic abilities he doesn't know about. His dad, Raymond, would probably be like Torch from Fantastic Four. He might be a scientist, but he sure is... lively.

I came up with another question!
    If your character had an army (or a political party, depends on how radical that said character is), what would that army (or party) fight for? And also, what or whom would the troops consist of? Would it be like an army of mindless Pokémon, bodybuilders on steroids or maybe an army of nerds that make nasty weapons..?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • OHHH NOOOO!!!

Besides, I do know what an orgy is, I'm just a bit hazy on the subject of how is this an orgy... Hence the "why is it called an orgy" instead of "what is an orgy".

As for how this became an orgy, I have no clue, but for the definition: go to www.urbandictionary.com and search "orgy". The first definition is the best, short, kid friendly explanation. the Second one is just hilarious, and the rest are just restating what the first one said, but using a lot of curse words.

If you ever need someone to explain what something is, I strongly recommend that you first try Urban Dictionary.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • ^ Nope. Not at all.

If your character had an army (or a political party, depends on how radical that said character is), what would that army (or party) fight for? And also, what or whom would the troops consist of? Would it be like an army of mindless Pokémon, bodybuilders on steroids or maybe an army of nerds that make nasty weapons..?

Well, they currently fight against teh ebil force trying to do ebil things. If they had an army, I suppose they would have better chances, but right now they're kind of keeping a low profile. They're being hunted by people and things that would have no trouble with an army (they're more of the "get information from innocent people the hard way and then stealthily kill their target" types). And they're also possibly being hunted by the government, so those two forces combined might not be that easy to beat, even with an army.

If they did have an army...I wouldn't tell you what it would consist of, because that would be a massive freaking spoiler. I've probably said too much already D:

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011

Fuega would gather an army for the annihilation of the weak and the rule of the strong, but she's not a "people person", yanno. Would probably end in dissent and infighting. Only strong Pokemon allowed into the army~ But not Pokemon she can't beat herself.

Uh. Freesk would gather some kind of "brotherhood of love" and go around helping people. xD -hugs da wittle Butterfree-

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • If your character had an army (or a political party, depends on how radical that said character is), what would that army (or party) fight for? And also, what or whom would the troops consist of? Would it be like an army of mindless Pokémon, bodybuilders on steroids or maybe an army of nerds that make nasty weapons..?

Pftt, L.A. couldn't be bothered with an army— not the Pokémon trainer, at any rate. "Army? Wha' army? All I need is Lord Arceus' backin' an' m' team, thank ya; plus m'self, o' course!" However, she and the team would fight for... well, to quote the angel herself; "The protection and defense of the innocent of the planet, and counter actions against evil as explicitly stated by Lord Arceus Himself"— with her accent, of course. In short, the seven of them would fight FOR GREAT JUSTICE, with a little chaotic... chaos for fun! Nothing better than pulling out a burnt corpse from a Haunter's mouth for an extra scare-factor~ while you beat the living daylights out of the antagonists~!

Last edited:

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • If your character had an army (or a political party, depends on how radical that said character is), what would that army (or party) fight for? And also, what or whom would the troops consist of? Would it be like an army of mindless Pokémon, bodybuilders on steroids or maybe an army of nerds that make nasty weapons..?
    Entei and his army would attack Mewtwo and his corrupted legendaries in an effort to defeat Mewtwo once and for all, Jeff would feel much more secure in his journey, Katy would be weary of betrayal, and building an army is exactly what Mewtwo is trying to do.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • What kind of personality/character type do you see Arceus as? Mysterious wiseman? Omnipotent/scent father figure? Wrathful, damning god? Other? And why do you see Him/Her/It as such?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • What kind of personality/character type do you see Arceus as? Mysterious wiseman? Omnipotent/scent father figure? Wrathful, damning god? Other? And why do you see Him/Her/It as such?

Nintendo's infringement on region, and on Christmas Trees.

I really don't know what to think. They haven't showed it in the amine yet, and the pokedex's entry's don't help much so :?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It's a...well...uh...I don't even know Arceus, apart from the fact that it's the equivilant to God for Christians. Sort of.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

I've developed a personality for him for the sake of having it on hand. Basically, he's very poetic when he speaks and his emotions pour into anyone that hears him. I.E. if he's laughing people around him laugh, and if he's sorrowful people start shedding tears.

Otherwise, for the most part, he is very calm and not easily invoked. However, if he must fight, things get broken. Lots of things.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years

I will have Arceus in my fic, so I can't really say much without spoiling. It think he, like other legendaries in my fic, does not have a sex. I'll refer to him as he, because thats the pronoun my protagonist decideds to use. Moreover, I don't think he is omnipotent at all: in my fic, he is stricktly restricted to live only in his dimension. He cannot enter our normal world, so in the end, his pretty much powerless. He's more like the friendly overlooker of the world than a god, really. Dialga and Palkia keep him company in the other dimesion, but... well, you'll have to read my fic for that, because I ain't spoiling. I imagine his voice is rather feminine if he has one, and he can't see very well. He has the ability to see what other legendaries see, but his own eyes don't work very well at all. That's why he created his physical body so strange-looking :laugh:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years

Arceus, in my view, is a lot like the God that I personally believe in: too damn unfathomable to really comprehend. It can be envisioned in a manifested form (i.e., mystic Qilin, kinda like the old bearded guy a lot of people think of when they think of the Judeo-Christian god), but in actuality, even that can barely be grasped. (Thousand arms lolwut?) Its goals are completely unknown but interpreted as X, Y, and Z by its followers, and because of that, a lot of what it does can only be described as "cryptic" if each action is looked at by itself (which, for a mortal mind, is really the only possible way to look at it without having a brain melt into a liquid sludge). It is, at the end of the day, benevolent and all-knowing, but it doesn't necessarily use its unlimited power to influence the world so much as it does sit back and watch the reactions of its initial action.

In other words, I don't see it as wrathful, but think it's really only a creator god who has the power to look on the entirety of its creation (which it does all the time) and influence it if it chooses (which it doesn't). It at least makes more sense to me, considering the existence of the multitudes of other legendaries. For example, I see Ho-oh as more of the holy judge and angel of wrath and justice -- one left to watch over humanity and use its angels (the legendary gerbils) to influence its followers and strike down the sinners. (This is why I see Ho-oh as more of a primary god in Johto: not only because it's such a primary figure in Johto mythology but also because people see it as both a symbol of peace and the guardian of Heaven. Those who pass Ho-oh's test die in peace. Those who don't face the wrath of the three elements.)

And no, I don't see the genderless legendaries as male or female but instead entities that can't be defined by human gender concepts at all. It can probably be best compared to the CLAMP manga Wish, in which the main character, Kohaku, responds to the question of whether or not s/he is male or female with, "I'm an angel!"

Yep. I've thought a lot about Pokemon mythology. I have no life.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Yep. I've thought a lot about Pokemon mythology. I have no life.

Who has?
    This marks the beginning of a rant that has practically nothing to do with anything. Please don't misunderstand my intentions and instead take this post as something that is meant to provoke conversation. Okay?
    I just thought about this.

There are people who spend their entire life studying the grammar of Elvish or Klingon or analyzing the fictive mythologies and folk stories of literature. Why would thinking about Pokémon mythology in any way less honourable than thinking about philosophical questions that are based on axioms that are nonexistent in real life? Or studying string theories (no, they're not science yet)? Tolkien spent years thinking up the languages, beliefs and the history of a world that does not excist. People think of him as a genius. But then, if some trekkie spends his life thinking about the history of Startrekverse, people think that trekkie is crazy. Maybe it's because he didn't invent the world himself, but it's still quite interesting. What counts as overthinking and "no life"-thing? I mean, Tolkien left out a lot of stuff he had thought through. In a way, the stuff he created was un-useful for the book as a whole. Why doesn't anyone say he didn't have a life? :D I don't mean he should be disrespected, but what he did resembles what fanficcers, for example, do, not to mention other novelists and the like. The biggest difference, of course, is in quality: Tolkien sure knew what he did and he did it well. Not all other novelists do their creative work with such care.
    ...I'm going in circles, aren't I? You people should crush me and my post so I can get my thoughts in order.

Fanfiction, on the other hand, is probably widely seen as rubbish because a lot of it is rubbish. I just hate it when people have the "fanfiction can't be good"-attitude. Or when people think all fans of something are impulsive nutcases.

I don't really know what I'm trying to achieve with this rant... I just think that fiction in a fiction is just as valuable as normal fiction is. Did anyone say it wasn't? Nope, but I felt like writing a rant...

In any case,
    I aprticipated in NaNoWriMo a few days ago (I'll have to see how that turns out, though), and I noticed a strange thing.
    I haven't felt like writing Mama's Boy in a while now (I finished the story in my head, so in my mind, it's already finished :D), but when I started to write my genious NaNo project, I suddently had this incredible urge to write my dear little fic again. Also, as I try to concentrate, I get a dozen of good ideas for a story in a single day and want to write them all rightnoworelsei'lldosomethingawful. It's annoying. It's very annoying indeed.

So, now I want to write two fics, I should be writing some essays and poems and whatnot for my English portfolio, and what do I do?
    Write my dreaded NaNo project.
    I like my plot, though, but I don't want to write it now.

Now, I have questions for you:
    1) Have you any experience of something similar?
    2) WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING?!

Azurne

The Local Trickster
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    What kind of personality/character type do you see Arceus as? Mysterious wiseman? Omnipotent/scent father figure? Wrathful, damning god? Other? And why do you see Him/Her/It as such?

Believe it or not, I see Arceus as indifferent. Like, he doesn't really care what goes on much, because it's just his world. After all, being in existence for thousands and thousands of years has to get old at some point, you know?

As for his gender, I think he's genderless, (even though I'm using, "he", lol). I think, if he did speak, he'd be using your thoughts. Like putting thoughts into your heads you know aren't yours. But if he had to use his voice, I can see it as being both male and female, almost robotic-like, and very final. Sort of like everything he says is a statement, and not a question.

EDIT:

xD

You mean something similar as in, you have fivehundredthousandbajillionmillion things going on in your head at once, and you want to write them all down, but can't?

Because, yes. XXDDDD

I have, currently, thirteen fictions in all different fandoms going on at the same time, but... I can't help but write something new and shiny each day. C:

So the plot bunnies continue to multiply. Terribly. I need to find homes for them. D:

as for 2.)

no sé.

Last edited:

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • An-chan, I shall answer your questions... BECAUSE I CAN!

--Yes, yes I have; I am right now, as a matter o' fact. Right now, I'm busy trying to write up Depth Perception, however I have a basic idea for a whole other (one-shot) fic in mind, including the format I'll use to write it in. I really, really, really want to start on that one-shot, but DePerce is already in the works. D: ... DePerce... sounds French!

--Ranting and having Writer's Overlord, and responding to a thread on a Pokemon forum, from the looks of it. :D

And I has another question, but it's important for once!

Given the fact that my current fic-attempt is mostly set on normal Earth, circa 1996(?), would it be alright if things such as certain cars, bands, etc were mentioned at times, such as one of my characters from the Poké-verse running across a CD of, let's say... the Beatles? Primarily, would it turn anyone off to read that kind of thing in a fic where the setting lacks Pokémon as the native animal species(es?) but is still a Pokémon fanfictional work?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back