• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
  • What kind of personality/character type do you see Arceus as? Mysterious wiseman? Omnipotent/scent father figure? Wrathful, damning god? Other? And why do you see Him/Her/It as such?
    I see him more as a mix between a mysterious wiseman and an omnipotent figure. He more would teach both humans and Pokemon how to be good and do the right thing. Hence, why I actually thing perphaps some of the mythological texts are from Arecus himself, except his teachings being passed down from generation to generation. On the other hand, if evil lurks, then he would come and fix that. I'm actually planning to write a short passage in one of the chapters of "Nothing, Everything" of how the plates come to be with Arceus having sealed his powers and also the powers of the "defeated giants" in the plates so that the chaos won't happen again and how the text came is so the story can be passed on from generation to generation.

Given the fact that my current fic-attempt is mostly set on normal Earth, circa 1996(?), would it be alright if things such as certain cars, bands, etc were mentioned at times, such as one of my characters from the Poké-verse running across a CD of, let's say... the Beatles? Primarily, would it turn anyone off to read that kind of thing in a fic where the setting lacks Pokémon as the native animal species(es?) but is still a Pokémon fanfictional work?
    It kinda depends what kind of world you're writing. If you're going to have the fic set in the anime world, probably not since the anime hadn't mention any real-life bands, cars, etc. (from what I can remember). However, if you're writing in the game world or maybe even something different, I think you have some leeway. The games had a couple mentions of real life brands and even countries too.

fishyfool

Bitter old fart.
    Years
  • What kind of personality/character type do you see Arceus as? Mysterious wiseman? Omnipotent/scent father figure? Wrathful, damning god? Other? And why do you see Him/Her/It as such?

I see Arceus as a goat wearing a metal ring around his belly.

Aside from this, I see him as a naturally powerful being, with the existence of the three dragons keeping his sanity in check (theoretically making a universe can be mind-warping), and as such can see him as a omnipotent being with a heap of split personalities, from sarcastic and hilarious to emo and self-harming, and even psychotic yet chivalrous.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • It kinda depends what kind of world you're writing. If you're going to have the fic set in the anime world, probably not since the anime hadn't mention any real-life bands, cars, etc. (from what I can remember).

Well, they did early on, at least. (I remember one episode where Ash misinterprets what Pikachu is trying to say as the Macarena, and his mother imagines herself as Marilyn Monroe in another one.) Later on, they Pokemonize pop culture.

As for the question, as long as you don't forget what time period you're writing in, I think it's kosher. As in, anachronisms are bad for you. Please to not be introducing things like iPods into your work. If you're ever unsure, a number of us are geezers and can remember 1996 with incredible clarity.

Meanwhile, I've always felt a little uncomfortable with fics that lack references to their own fandom. Of course, I'm assuming you're using canon characters and are making enough references to the canon to tie your fic into its universe, but I'm just wondering if you've ever considered the possibility that your idea would work as an original fic instead. How far are we going here in terms of downplaying the Pokemon part of this fic's world? (Not meaning to sound as if that's a bad thing or anything.)

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • How far are we going here in terms of downplaying the Pokemon part of this fic's world?

On a first note, to reremind readers who may have seen this already, this is going to be a Pokemon/Hellsing crossover.

Not to worry, I didn't take this question badly. Now, let's see... I'm rewriting the original version of the fic, because I didn't like how it turned out. Although I haven't started on this newer version, I have thought it over to some extent (and I intend to keep tweeking with my notes and manuscripts until I'm happy with the end result).

First and foremost, its three primary settings are Earth circa 1996 in the Hellsing (manga) canon (which has forced me to do some heaving thinking since the storyline takes place 1999-2000; not sure if I'll keep the year I have for sure, but we'll see when I start hammering out the story itself if this works); the Hall of Origin, and finally the Torn World. The last two will feature in bits and pieces were needed in the storyline.

Now then, the primary Pokemon focus pertains to (as of right now) three people; the Angel of Arceus, Lauren; the Guardian of Giratina, Collin; and finally, a man by the name of Lord Arthur Wilkinson-- all three own Pokemon teams, and Collin shall serve the function of Giratina's subordinate who fouls up not only Lauren and Arthur's plans (Lauren answers to Arthur in seniority), but the going-ons in the Catholic Iscariot XIII division as well.

On top of that, the members of Iscariot concerning Lauren and Collin (right now, their planned interactions with Arthur are very, very rare occurances) consider the pair's teams to be demons; that assumption is much to the aggrivation of both divinely beings, as they not only have to try to convince otherwise (and usually fail) but have to keep a certain Italian from having certain Catholic fanatics from butchering their Pokemon and themselves.

Ahem! Woo, long answers are long. Ahem, from what I've gathered myself right now, the only true "downplays" of Pokemon-related things is the main setting (Hellsing-canon Earth) and only three people or so personally owning Pokemon themselves.

And for the record, no, vampires/FREAKS aren't going to have Pokemon... unless for some odd-arse reason, some random dark-type accompanies one... which sounds silly to me.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Without me, this section is pointless.

Hi folks! Popping in to make sure the curtains aren't on fire before I get my new book. :D

If your character had an army (or a political party, depends on how radical that said character is), what would that army (or party) fight for? And also, what or whom would the troops consist of? Would it be like an army of mindless Pokémon, bodybuilders on steroids or maybe an army of nerds that make nasty weapons..?
    Actually, all three of my original characters join armies. So I can't say a lot about them without spoiling my stories.

What kind of personality/character type do you see Arceus as? Mysterious wiseman? Omnipotent/scent father figure? Wrathful, damning god? Other? And why do you see Him/Her/It as such?
    Currently, it's sitting in a coffee shop doing nothing. Arcy really doesn't do anything in my fics yet.

1) Have you any experience of something similar?
    Wanting to write more than one fic at a time? Yes. Right now, I'm writing more than one fic.

I'm writing six.

And now to disappear for another week.

And I feel like doing this bad-ass dramatic thing where I call everyone "mother effers" and flip them all off while smoking a cigarette before I toss a grenade over my shoulder and blow the place up.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Without me, this section is pointless.

It's true. We're hopeless without you. Notice the massive lack of activity occuring. ;;

Astinus said:
    And now to disappear for another week.

And I feel like doing this bad-ass dramatic thing where I call everyone "mother effers" and flip them all off while smoking a cigarette before I toss a grenade over my shoulder and blow the place up.

And we love you to death for it, of course. *There arise cheers of "yay, Astinus gave us some attention!" amidst the groans of agony and the steady "drip, drip, drip" of leaking blood.*

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Actually, that always happens whenever I don't post. I think there was another time when I just stopped posting and the whole section died. It wasn't until I started posting again that people came back and realized "Oh hay. We has post reply button! :D:D:D:D"

I had no idea I was that interesting or needed in this section. o_o I mean, it's not like I stand stark naked on the counter while juggling apples and dancing in tapioca pudding, singing German Digimon songs while wearing a teal water bucket on my head. (I do that in real life though. *nodsnods*)

But...no one even views my section while I'm not here. ;; I had no idea you all cared so much.

I FEEL LOVED AND I'M HOOKED ON A FEELING! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THAT I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU! *dances away with David Hasslehoff*

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I'm scarred for life... my sister just blew her morning breath into my nostrils. Seriously, my nose is burning. I feel like I've inhaled crack cocaine over a two year period without the stimulation. -.-

If your characters had super-powers, what powers would they have?
    Diamond I think would probably have telepathy or something that deals with telekinesis. Something like Professor Xavier.

Dawn would probably have the power of persuasion and Pearl... I dunno if I can trust him with superpowers...

Bay

Years
  • I have been busy for the last few days studying for my midterms and reading some articles for my paper (which I hope the professor will extend the due date soon...). ^^;

Heh, we were responding while you were gone Astinus, but then things went quiet...XD

We should start planning that musical again, guys. :D

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • AAAASTINUUUUUUS~~!!

I've been wondering why this place is so dead, but that really explains it. No Astinus = No Life. Aww, man, I feel like writing again! For the past few days I've been doing intensive investigation about Osaka, because I'm going to (hopefully, as it still is a money question) travel there next summer. I still have some eight full months to go, but I'm already overly excited. Which, by the way, is a good thing, because this way I can save up ("save up" = blackmail my boyfriend into putting more money aside than he'd like to) more actively. Yay for Osaka!

On another note, I joined NaNoWriMo on an impulse, came up with the bestest story ever seen in this world, started it and completely lost all interest in writing it. Instead, I've been going trough a real old novel I've been working on for years. It's still in progress. As are my... 19 (I just counted them all and I swear I didn't know there were that many... Yikes!) other novels/short stories. I want to finish them all, but I doubt I ever will. Of course I'll get some of them done, but all? Don't think so. So, I beat Astinus's six fics hands down. Yay me!

As I am in the mood of yaying, I'll do a couple more: Yay Astinus! We missed you! At least I did, that is!
    Yay activity! I've been refreshing my "subscribed threads"-page for quite some time now, because I don't feel like searching for new people in other sections. Also, I had nothing to say. Thus the silence and occasional refreshing.
    Yay everyone! \o/

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • Yay! Asty poked in for a few! My life has meaning again.

Anyway, I'm curious about how many of you have been checking this section to see if there were any updates the past few days. I've been checking like every other hour, but every check has ended in disappointment. Imagine my surprise when I see eight new replies in this section at once!

Manaphyman

Sevii Trainer
    Years
  • Every hour? Wow, I don't think I would have the willigness to do that.

I've been pretty busy too bay...trying to fix that chapter I said would be out...

I would like to point out that Astinus and I live in the same state! Intresting, no?

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • I've been glancing at it occasionally; the fact that it ended on my post for a few days tripped me out a bit. o_o; BUT! It's good to see this thread active again! WEEE!

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Now, let's not let it die. Let's come up with a new, thrilling question.

How would your character/s react if a pack of Sentret with flamethrowers ran towards this/these said character/s at a ridiculous speed?

No-one ever asked this, even though it was a subject for a long, long, long time. So, I present to you, my fellow writers, this arduous question! Answer, if you dare!

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Now, let's not let it die. Let's come up with a new, thrilling question.

How would your character/s react if a pack of Sentret with flamethrowers ran towards this/these said character/s at a ridiculous speed?

No-one ever asked this, even though it was a subject for a long, long, long time. So, I present to you, my fellow writers, this arduous question! Answer, if you dare!

Probably how my avatar is reacting.

Last edited:

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years
  • How would your character/s react if a pack of Sentret with flamethrowers ran towards this/these said character/s at a ridiculous speed?

Well, fear would be the most likely reaction for anything intelligent thing, but knowing Neal would probably use conversion or something like that. He is a porygon. What about the chanseys with chainsaws?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Oddly enough, I actually have an excuse as to why I wasn't posting: real life.

Oh, incidentally, if anyone's ever curious enough to read Uncle Tom's Cabin, I can summarize it thusly:

Exposition, exposition, exposition, angst, exposition, exposition, someone dies, exposition, someone else dies, exposition, exposition, angst, exposition, exposition, someone else dies...

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be politically incorrect or anything. It's just that I'm not entirely sure if I should care what shade of hair Eva St. Clair has and why I need to read past a paragraph that describes this shade.

(Although I will say that I'd probably tap Augustine St. Clair. You heard me.)

I think I'll have to start with Bill, probably because he's got the most distinct reaction. If Bill saw a pack of Sentret with flamethrowers, his researcher instincts would kick in and promptly negate any form of common sense and natural instinct he may have. As a result, his reaction would be, "Oh! How curious! Those Sentret have flamethrowers! I must stop to study this!" And then they roast him. How he's still alive after years of this is beyond me.

Then, you've got Viola, who would stand there and look a little confused because she's never seen Sentrets wielding flamethrowers (let alone flamethrowers themselves), but she'd eventually be dragged away by Sebastian and Imogen, one of my few characters who come fully equipped with common sense.

Rose would run away bawling like a little girl.

And then you have everyone else, who would most likely jump in front of the herd and attempt to kick the crap out of them. Sometimes literally. (Well, if you get Mercury drunk enough...)

Apparently, most of my characters are nominees for Darwin Awards.

Edit: Which leads to my next question.

Your character just won a Darwin Award. How did the stupid eff manage to do it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back