• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Oh yeah. Also, I will be on a camping trip from this Sunday - tomorrow - until Thursday sometime. I will have no electricity or access to a computer. Just to tell you all.
That reminds me, I'll be gone for two weeks or more starting tomorrow [Monday (GMT+8)] and hopefully will be posting my fics latest installment tonight. In the mean time I'm free but then afterwards I'm off to study.

Ah yes, will be changing my name soon.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Jax, I require some brain bleach.

*eyebrow quirk* You're asking a sadist for relief? (Suffer, puny insect! Suffer in silence!)

Do you frequently use internet slang and/or emoticons in your daily internet life? Such as IMHO, OMG, etc.

The things I say seriously:

- WTF?
- BRB. (Usually in a chat because at that point, I most likely have to use a bathroom.)
- <object> ♥('s) <object>
- Certain emoticons, including: XD, ^_^, O_o, o_o, et cetera.
- *<action>*
- FAIL.

The things I don't say seriously but say frequently:

- OMG
- (for the) lulz
- I lol'd
- O rly?
- :D / :) / :( (Usually preceded by something heavily sarcastic.)
- Internets/interweb/series of tubes/intertubes
- ded
- What./Wut.
- Srsly
- Doing it wrong.
- "It's okay! xkcd says <insert something here>!"

In other words, sort of.

As for QC, not that often, but I really should, if only because the guy who does it keeps coming to a con my friends run. And it's heavily awkward to say, "Uh, yeah. Your comic. Um... HEY, LOOK, THERE'S RANDALL MONROE. *flee!*" (Not that, uh, I actually go into the artists' room to begin with because I'm a wuss in real life.)

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I have it set up, so that in word, when I type Pokemon, it auto corrects it with the accent. But no so on firefox.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Do you frequently use Internet Slang and or Emoticons in your daily Internet life? Such as IMHO, OMG, ect.
Oddly enough, I'd have to agree with Jax on this one. Just refer to her lists for me, cos I cbb (there's another one I rarely use) 'c+p'ing (another one). I use ^_^ a lot, as well as o_O, O_O, the odd x_X or ;_;, and XD fairly regularly. I like lolcats, too. i has a flavor

Misheard Whisper

Years
*is approaching 550* I really need to keep ahead of you on that ^_^_^ *goes off to see if there are any other clubs to join*

Misheard Whisper

Years
I was, but then I started Shattered. And I definitely don't have time to finish Chapter 4 and write a 7k fic by the end of tomorrow. So Broken will have to wait.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
You sure like one-word titles that involve some kind of damage in the past tense. XDDD

EDIT: 500 posts in less than a month!

Misheard Whisper

Years
I've also considered Distorted and Twisted, both of which I actually suggested to someone else for a fic title, but yes, I seem to like one-word titles in general. Remember Faith? *cringes*

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I like obscure metaphoric titles usually, or the case in my one shot, something that needs explaining.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
And when your title suggests some kind of hope...

You hate it. XDD;

But seriously, the improvement from Faith to Torn and Shattered is incredible. :D Don't cringe from your mistakes, though - they represent a learning experience. :)

My title is just a reference to the central antagonist. XD;

Misheard Whisper

Years
That's very true, and I'm glad the improvement wasn't just an empty fantasy I've been sustaining in order to supplement my narcissism after all.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Not at all. Shattered is, as I've said before, an incredible fic. ^_^

Which brings me to a topic, which, interestingly enough, I'm unable to answer due to me still being on my first fic.

How much have you improved since your first Pokémon fanfic? In which ways did you improve the most? Do you still retain some of your early weaknesses?

Misheard Whisper

Years
*blushes* You're too nice. I'm just an amateur.

How much have you improved since your first Pokémon fanfic? In which ways did you improve the most? Do you still retain some of your early weaknesses?
Earlier weaknesses . . . hmm. I still have a tendency to go into great deal describing one setting or character, and then by the end of that chapter, I've completely forgotten about it and I carry on with minimal or no description. Also, I tend to ditch fics after just a few chapters. Hopefully not happening this time around.

And I get more and more narcissistic every day.

I'm talking like an old-timer here, but in reality, it's only been seven months (as of yesterday) since I posted my first fic. Fanfiction, although it is a pastime I indulge in 'under the radar', as they say, has taught me one hell of a lot in such a short time, more than I've learned in English since I started high school. ^_^ Plus, it brings me closer to having something resembling a social life. I actually talk to people! Real people!

Bay

Years
Do you frequently use Internet Slang and or Emoticons in your daily Internet life? Such as IMHO, OMG, ect.
I use smilys like XD and :O a whole lot. XD; As for abbrievations, the only ones I used were WTF, OMG, and IMO.

I think I improved a lot from my first fic. I would have a lot of problems with grammar. Compare to my latest fic, most of the grammar problems were taken care of, but I still get those pesky awkward sentences and tense problems once in a while.

Description I think I did a lot better too. First time around it would be all listy and chunky, but now I'm able to have the setting and emotions described gradually.

And Sparkling Dragon, I too learned English much better here than the courses in my high school and university. Plus, it's fun talking to the writers here and in other forums :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back