• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Math = love. :3

C'mon, it's a subject where you can actually go to a test without knowing half of what you're supposed to know, and if you're clever enough you'll figure out on your own during the exam. That's pure brilliance.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Dragonfree said:
    Math = love. :3

C'mon, it's a subject where you can actually go to a test without knowing half of what you're supposed to know, and if you're clever enough you'll figure out on your own during the exam. That's pure brilliance.

Now fellow fanfic writers, tell me what can we learn about the speaker according the bolded section! I'll give this to you as a multiple choice question.

a) The speaker's IQ is far beyond the average people in the society.
    b) The speaker overestimated the ability of the people around her.
    c) The speaker failed to understand that Frostweaver is not clever.
    d) All of the Above

=D

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    *puts out the Yamato-san signal* Hey, do you know what the name of that song is from Digimon Adventure Movie 4 that accompanies Paildramon's digivolution?

*tagline?*

EDIT: Hey, frostweaver, are you guys doing maximization problems right now?

Years
    frostweaver said:
    Now fellow fanfic writers, tell me what can we learn about the speaker according the bolded section! I'll give this to you as a multiple choice question.

a) The speaker's IQ is far beyond the average people in the society.
    b) The speaker overestimated the ability of the people around her.
    c) The speaker failed to understand that Frostweaver is not clever.
    d) All of the Above

=D
    Frosty... math does require critical thinking sometimes... it's some required crap in school to be a "problem solver" ... whatever the heck they mean by that...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    It does require critical thinking, but I don't have enough of that if it's problem solving in obscure situations... Smooth sailing after I got my equation layout, but let's think about how to get the equation ;_;

ANYWAY, isn't this a writer's lounge? How come it's all these math geeks here?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Or someone can write a fanfic related to math, like how the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (which I haven't read myself) relates itself to a lot of strange and scientific-sounding stuff. By doing this, then we can be on-topic while going off-topic at the same time =)

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    A math fanfic? What would that be like? I tried to incorporate some physcics into Worlds Away, and that worked okay. I guess you could write about some super awesome trainer who uses math equations to model battles and win. How he would do that,.../???? And thus, it'd be an interesting read, I guess.

Shout out to yamato-san still stands. Do you know the name of the song that plays in the Digimon Adventure Movie 4 during the DNA digivolution sequence? 22:24:00

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    that's Target, the opening theme to Digimon Adventure 02. In the series, the regular Jogress Evolution theme is Beat Hit (I recommend that song by the way, it's so nicely intense). However, whenever Paildramon evolves into Imperialdramon, the opening theme plays as opposed to a usual evolution theme. Considering that in the movie, Paildramon evolved into Imperialdramon immediately after XV-mon and Stingmon Jogressed, that's the reason why Target plays instead of Beat Hit.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    Bleh, I don't like math. It requires too much concentration. I always try to blow through too fast and make the most incredibly stupid mistakes ever. Really, I'm unable to take my time with it, and it irritates me.

RaikouRider243

Lightning Swordsman
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    Frosty, I know you reviewed my fic a long time ago. I've been thinking about your review request suggestions, and decided that I emphasized the wrong part of my writing. So could you give Johto Saga a second chance? You can skim prologue through the second chapter, that's introductory material. The actual plot starts at chapter 3. You can begin your detailed review there. I hope I get better than 50 points this time ^^;;

EDIT: I looked at your sig and noticed your sign just after my post. Don't worry about reviewing this thing right away, I can wait for weeks if I need to.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    RaikouRider243 said:
    I looked at your sig and noticed your sign just after my post. Don't worry about reviewing this thing right away, I can wait for weeks if I need to.

Try "months" o.o;

I still got Act's story and Dragonfree's story to review since... September... ahaha o.o;
    Maybe I'll do future reviews without so much quoting to speed things up, and so on. Partly it's also because I increased my part-time job hours to 7.5 hours per week ^^; So that's where all the fanfic-review time went to. Frosty converted them to money... *greedy*

Rememberance Day holiday... maybe I'll try to do another one there. Next one shouldn't take as long because last time I reviewed 20+ chapters in one review ^_^;

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I finally wrote something again (my first since June), but it's Minesweeper fanfiction rather than Pok?mon, so is in Other Writing. Stop by if you have a chance.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Oooh, math fanfic... @_@

Seriously, though... I can never be bothered to study for math tests, so sometimes I land myself in the situation of being faced with a problem I have no idea how to solve, and that's when I have to sit and figure it out the logical way from what I have. That's what makes the tests fun and challenging...

But yeah, I'm a bit of a math freak. I don't want to be a mathematician, unlike what my parents keep hinting I should, and math at school can be very annoying because it's basically doing a bunch of problems that are all the same, but I love math itself. :3

*has random inspiration for a math fic* o.o

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Ooh Minesweeper.

*stare at pre-cal book with disdain* Yeah well... *kicks it*

A math...fanfic? A combination of English and Math, my worst subjects? That's terrible. ;-; Do it someone though, it sounds interesting. Like how logic in battle can strength or weaken your team in battle and all that blah.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Mine's a mixture...but mostly Pok?mon. It's called Gamz, and if anyone wants I could post it sometime. Needs a little rewriting though. Otherwise everyone agress its good. :D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    And I don't know how to incorporate math into a story... ^^;

Yay so close to holidays now! Just one more day of school then it's a long week-end =D

Also, if you writers got spare time, you can always check out the game within the Writer's Lounge subforum where you face all sorts of challenges as a reader and a writer at once! Frosty will be waiting to see all of your amazing writing/reading skills there ;p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back