• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FANS RUIN EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

Fans going the extra mile

I am not pointing out any group in particular bieberites or whatever but some people seriously take it too far and it annoys me.

It is mainly bands and artist fans that are known to go one step too far in the celebrity world, do you not think?

So I ask you, have you ever encountered or heard of annoying fans that has caused you to stay clear of that band/group/celeb?​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    For me, fans of cult TV shows on the brink of getting cancelled are the absolute worst to deal with. The most egregious examples I can think of all involve Joss Whedon shows (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse etc.), and it doesn't help that the man has developed this almost frightening cult-of-personality with regards to fan involvement. Whenever there's a rumour of a cult-ish show getting cancelled, there's always a barrage of online crying on Twitter/Facebook/the like, and it sends me up the wall. Just a few days ago, in fact, one of my favourite shows currently airing - Community, which definitely falls into the cult-ish category - was put on hiatus by its TV station, and the corner of the internet where I normally go to just went ballistic. It was almost as if World War III had broken out! I still love the show very much, but its fans can often be very, very intense... which would explain why the same show can be off-putting to a newbie.

Years
    For me, fans of cult TV shows on the brink of getting cancelled are the absolute worst to deal with. The most egregious examples I can think of all involve Joss Whedon shows (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse etc.), and it doesn't help that the man has developed this almost frightening cult-of-personality with regards to fan involvement.
    You have no idea how much I agree with you on this. Most of my friends are rabid Whedon fans and I can never say anything even mildly critical of any of his shows nor their obvious worldwide influence on every single show/movie/book even remotely similar to them because, as should be obvious, his is a genius that spreads far and wide - a genius that can do no wrong.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Anyone who knows me well enough understands that I have a less-than-satisfactory relationship with the Lady Gaga fanbase. I don't have much of a problem with Gaga herself (aside from the Born This Way album, ugh), it's the rabid fanbase that drives me up the wall. I guess I could expand this to include all the fanbases of the more prominent pop artists today, but to me it's the Gaga and Bieber fanbases that are the most prominent and annoying. To me, it's fine if you are inspired by Gaga. Or, if you feel an emotional attachment to her music. thats the part of the fanbase I find perfectly fine. But when it gets to the point where you're constantly attacking other people about the other artists they listen to, just because they're not an 'LGBT GODDESS' (something that was shoved in my inbox on tumblr, lol) or something like that, thats when I think the Gaga fanbase has gone too far.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Personally, I've never seen eye to eye with the Justin Bieber fanhorde as I call them and the MLP fanbase back then as well even though I did watch the whole 26 episodes and thought that it was a tad overhyped compared how much the regulars on another forum I was at were raving about it nonstop, I don't really love or hate MLP as much as a fan or hater would but I just think it's average with both its good and bad points like any other show really.

About the Bieber fanbase however, the people who were literally obsessed with him throughout last year would jump for joy whenever that annoying flaming fruitcake was bought up in any given time. The scary part was most of them were dudes.

Another fanbase are the goth lovers who try too hard to be dark and nonconformist and think they're darkness and hatred incarnate because they shop at Hot Topic and watch Twilight and Brokeback Mountain on a daily basis, I swear to god the next time one of those freaks brings up a comparison war between Edward and Jacob I'm gouging my own ears out so I'd never have to hear that retarded blabber ever again.

If I was ever unlucky enough to encounter a group consisting of those particular interests I just bashed, I'd swear the devil sent his personal minions after me at that point lol.

There's also the Katy Perry fanbase but I haven't encountered many of them back then but Katy Perry sucks as a singer and should have her vocal cords removed for making the atrocity of a song "I Kissed a Girl", just my opinion though. Also the rap fanbase which is obsessed with the blandest and most pathetic excuse for rappers I have ever heard of, makes me miss Biggie and Tupac so much more.

/mini rant.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I agree with Chris. I LOVE Lady Gaga, but her fanbase is just too much for me sometimes. That doesn't really deter my likeness for her, luckily. MLP's fanbase is annoying too. Once again, it's something I love. Halo and CoD fabases though ugh, I won't touch Halo again. The fans are just...oh god. I also don't like fanbases with creepy fans...I can't think of any right off the bat, but it usually lies within video games and anime.

Also, the HP fanbase is starting to get annoying. They have this "better than you" attitude, especially if you're just an average HP fan and you answer something wrong and don't know every little detail about the book and the movie. It's just like...guys. Really. Calm your tits.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There's also the Katy Perry fanbase but I haven't encountered many of them back then but Katy Perry sucks as a singer and should have her vocal cords removed for making the atrocity of a song "I Kissed a Girl", just my opinion though.

I think this is a little closed minded and to the point of annoying anti-fan. You said yourself that you haven't encountered many Katy Perry fans, but you think her fans are terrible because you...don't like her music? Everyone has tastes, dude.

I agree with Chris. I LOVE Lady Gaga, but her fanbase is just too much for me sometimes. That doesn't really deter my likeness for her, luckily. MLP's fanbase is annoying too. Once again, it's something I love. Halo and CoD fabases though ugh, I won't touch Halo again. The fans are just...oh god. I also don't like fanbases with creepy fans...I can't think of any right off the bat, but it usually lies within video games and anime.

Also, the HP fanbase is starting to get annoying. They have this "better than you" attitude, especially if you're just an average HP fan and you answer something wrong and don't know every little detail about the book and the movie. It's just like...guys. Really. Calm your tits.

I agree with HP, I started thinking heavily about that when Pottermore came out. I had just learned about the birthday that Pottermore came out on (was it JK Rowling's or Harry's? idr), and that day I asked if anyone knew about it. I got a ton of haughty replies like I was an idiot for not finding out. I got similar replies for days whenever I asked an innocent question about Pottermore, so now I've gotten to the point where I kind of shut off when people talk about HP because I feel like they have a superiority complex because they think their fanbase is more intelligent than, say, the Twilight fanbase. Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Twilight, but it's really obnoxious to see HP fans just endlessly bashing on it as if Twilight fans aren't allowed to like Twilight because they don't approve.

I also agree with MLP. I like the show and I find it upsetting that people like my boyfriend don't want to give it a chance because the fans are so obnoxious about it and throw it in everyone's faces and I don't blame them for not wanting to watch it in that case, lol.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I think this is a little closed minded and to the point of annoying anti-fan. You said yourself that you haven't encountered many Katy Perry fans, but you think her fans are terrible because you...don't like her music? Everyone has tastes, dude.

True that I haven't encountered many so far but the ones that recommended that particular song to me and told me it was still good even when I clearly stated that I did not like it in the slightest kind of irritated me, I'll respect someone's opinion and all but when they show me something I don't like and still state that the song is good more along the lines of fact than opinion that kind of irritates me to say the least. Katy's not as bad as say modern age rap but she could do a lot better when it comes to the quality of her songs, at least IMO anyways.

If someone doesn't like a song I show them, fine by me. If I don't like a Katy Perry song that an crazed fan sends me, they tend to flip out even if they were few and far between in the previous forums I've been a part of but still noteworthy enough to make me grow a dislike towards the fans in general but hopefully I'll find a few songs by her and maybe even a few fans of her work that I actually like at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    Rain Fans..they call themselves clouds..he's know in Korea as the most famous pop/rap singer...his fans at the beginning was cool fans but after that they become really annoying..he has a good voice and very good dancer...but i stopped being a fan..:P

right now,i like being Lp,Superjunior and SS501 fan :)

Here is Rain...he also has fans on US..

FANS RUIN EVERYTHING

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

True that I haven't encountered many so far but the ones that recommended that particular song to me and told me it was still good even when I clearly stated that I did not like it in the slightest kind of irritated me, I'll respect someone's opinion and all but when they show me something I don't like and still state that the song is good more along the lines of fact than opinion that kind of irritates me to say the least. Katy's not as bad as say modern age rap but she could do a lot better when it comes to the quality of her songs, at least IMO anyways.

If someone doesn't like a song I show them, fine by me. If I don't like a Katy Perry song that an crazed fan sends me, they tend to flip out even if they were few and far between in the previous forums I've been a part of but still noteworthy enough to make me grow a dislike towards the fans in general but hopefully I'll find a few songs by her and maybe even a few fans of her work that I actually like at some point in the future.

This is a much better post than the last one, all I was looking for was an expansion on why you didn't like the fans in particular since you didn't give one before :3

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

This is a much better post than the last one, all I was looking for was an expansion on why you didn't like the fans in particular since you didn't give one before :3

Sorry, I was preoccupied with another chat at the time.

But back on topic, one particular fanbase I've had a bad history with would have to be the Yugioh fanbase. I started playing around 2009 with a Zombie build at the time but as I moved onto the forums I realized I needed a lot more money to get certain cards like Dark Armed Dragon not to mention gas money to go all the way to San Diego to attend tournaments and the like and naturally I felt like I couldn't keep up finance wise anymore after the Duelist Revolution pack came out and everyone was raving over Pot Of Duality at the time, I lost count of how many arguments I've gotten into with other players over how important the card was to have despite its price and after going on a hiatus for a little while after I began to grow bored and frustrated with the game, I quit altogether by late 2010. I enjoyed it at first but the more strict the metagame was with my wallet and deck, the more I enjoyed the game overall less and less.

tl;dr, I didn't like paying 60 bucks for shiny pieces of cardboard after around a year and a half of playing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    For me, fans of cult TV shows on the brink of getting cancelled are the absolute worst to deal with. The most egregious examples I can think of all involve Joss Whedon shows (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse etc.), and it doesn't help that the man has developed this almost frightening cult-of-personality with regards to fan involvement.

Scarf said:
    You have no idea how much I agree with you on this. Most of my friends are rabid Whedon fans and I can never say anything even mildly critical of any of his shows nor their obvious worldwide influence on every single show/movie/book even remotely similar to them because, as should be obvious, his is a genius that spreads far and wide - a genius that can do no wrong.

I don't think we can be friends anymore. I am one of these people, I must say, and I was right there Twitter-bombing with the rest of them when Dollhouse, an amazing show with so much potential, was on the brink of cancellation. I would watch anything written or directed by that man because quite honestly, he has created some of the most amazing TV shows of this or any time.

In general, I don't mind the cult TV fans in these situations. Their campaigning is only ever temporary, and at least they're fighting for something - they have a point, a purpose. And when something you love is in danger of being taken away, anything's worth a try, is it not? The trouble is (and I say this as someone who has been on the inside of one of these situations) they are made to look all-the-more obnoxious by the equally insufferable detractors of the shows in question who set out to sabotage the campaigning efforts with their negativity.

The fans of the world that I can't stand are the Beliebers and other such fan-groups, who are overly zealous for no real reason or cause other than having to make it known just how much they love their idol. It is almost as though they feel that if they squeal about Justin loud enough, he will appear by their side and ask them to the prom.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Anyone who knows me well enough understands that I have a less-than-satisfactory relationship with the Lady Gaga fanbase. I don't have much of a problem with Gaga herself (aside from the Born This Way album, ugh), it's the rabid fanbase that drives me up the wall. I guess I could expand this to include all the fanbases of the more prominent pop artists today, but to me it's the Gaga and Bieber fanbases that are the most prominent and annoying. To me, it's fine if you are inspired by Gaga. Or, if you feel an emotional attachment to her music. thats the part of the fanbase I find perfectly fine. But when it gets to the point where you're constantly attacking other people about the other artists they listen to, just because they're not an 'LGBT GODDESS' (something that was shoved in my inbox on tumblr, lol) or something like that, thats when I think the Gaga fanbase has gone too far.

yes omg
    gaga is okay but just the obsession and the whole mother monster thing
    urban dictionary:
    Lady GaGa is the creator of all the Little Monsters (Lady GaGa Fans) and an inspiration and idol to all her fans and she loves all her fans as if they were her children, like a mother.

vomit vomit

Conversation I recently had:
    "so yeah dumbledore with the lighter..."
    *girl that I hate and wasn't in the conversation anyway interrupts*
    "I'm sorry did you say lighter!?"
    "Delighter then, everyone knows what I'm talking about"
    "It's called the Deluminator oh my god I'm tweeting this"

And being a tumblr user, I have to put up with Homestuck or Hetalia being in my face practically every second.

Years
    I don't think we can be friends anymore.
    Don't get me wrong. I liked Firefly a lot, and Dollhouse was interesting enough from what I saw, but I just can't forget when I went to see the Firefly movie and every 10 seconds there were cheers and whistles and talking and all sorts of things coming from the fans and I'm there thinking: "Shut up. I'm trying to watch the movie. You're ruining it." I know they didn't mean to, and the probably literally could not stop themselves from acting out, but it made it very hard for a casual fan like me to enjoy it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    In general, I don't mind the cult TV fans in these situations. Their campaigning is only ever temporary, and at least they're fighting for something - they have a point, a purpose. And when something you love is in danger of being taken away, anything's worth a try, is it not? The trouble is (and I say this as someone who has been on the inside of one of these situations) they are made to look all-the-more obnoxious by the equally insufferable detractors of the shows in question who set out to sabotage the campaigning efforts with their negativity.
    I don't think it's a question of other people's sabotage that makes die-hard fans seem obnoxious; it's the actions of the die-hard fans in and of themselves. Instead of being proactive and trying to act meaningful, a lot of fans just feel the need to pout about their frustrations and think that, in and of itself, will be enough to convince a major media conglomerate to continue airing their show.

This is in contrast to some fans I admire for their eccentricity: Jericho was a CBS TV series in danger of cancellation, and to help prevent it fans bombarded CBS with letters (and packets of nuts, for reasons apparent within the show itself apparently?) and managed to get an extra 8-episode order out of their show, which would have been cancelled otherwise. Similarly, fans of Chuck have singlehandedly managed to keep that show on the air for 5 seasons by heavily supporting the show's biggest sponsor - Subway. But complaining and whining about something being cancelled isn't the same as proactive, and in most circumstances the "victim" card doesn't seem to hold water with me.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Twilight.
    If I didn't think it was stupid before....oh boy...the fans have totally ruined it for me.
    "OH MY GOD ITS EDWARD!" when the man isn't even remotely attractive. And not to mention, I know some of Taylor Lautners family (his cousins went to my school) so it was even MORE of a hype up her in Michigan. I mean seriously. The acting is horrible, none of them are attractive. And walking around the mall, you can always tell when the twi-tards are around, you can hear them scream when Edward comes on the screen. It's ridiculous and I personally, am getting sick of it. ITS A MOVIE.. AND AN UGLY GUY....

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Twilight.
    If I didn't think it was stupid before....oh boy...the fans have totally ruined it for me.
    "OH MY GOD ITS EDWARD!" when the man isn't even remotely attractive. And not to mention, I know some of Taylor Lautners family (his cousins went to my school) so it was even MORE of a hype up her in Michigan. I mean seriously. The acting is horrible, none of them are attractive. And walking around the mall, you can always tell when the twi-tards are around, you can hear them scream when Edward comes on the screen. It's ridiculous and I personally, am getting sick of it. ITS A MOVIE.. AND AN UGLY GUY....
    taylor lautner is so hot.....mmmm....i could eat that all up
    Maybe it's just that I've disconnected myself from society lately, but am I the only one who has seen less 'Twitards' lately? I think the peak of the obsession was when the first two movies came out and since then, the Twilight fanbase seems to be less... rabid. This may be just my opinion though, I don't know what it's like in America where the Twitard fanbase is the strongest.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I don't think it's a question of other people's sabotage that makes die-hard fans seem obnoxious; it's the actions of the die-hard fans in and of themselves. Instead of being proactive and trying to act meaningful, a lot of fans just feel the need to pout about their frustrations and think that, in and of itself, will be enough to convince a major media conglomerate to continue airing their show.

This is in contrast to some fans I admire for their eccentricity: Jericho was a CBS TV series in danger of cancellation, and to help prevent it fans bombarded CBS with letters (and packets of nuts, for reasons apparent within the show itself apparently?) and managed to get an extra 8-episode order out of their show, which would have been cancelled otherwise. Similarly, fans of Chuck have singlehandedly managed to keep that show on the air for 5 seasons by heavily supporting the show's biggest sponsor - Subway. But complaining and whining about something being cancelled isn't the same as proactive, and in most circumstances the "victim" card doesn't seem to hold water with me.

Of course they can be obnoxious in and of themselves, my point was that the detractors are what provoke them into the squealing fan-rage that nobody really needs to see.

Also, Dollhouse got a second season that the ratings for the first really didn't warrant. The 'complaining and whining' can't be completely useless. If it weren't for the horrid backlash that FOX experienced when it cancelled Firefly and the fans making it clear that they would experience similar this time around were the show cancelled without a fair shot, then I doubt very much that it would have been given a second season that ratings-wise it did not deserve.

Although I think it says a lot about the type of fan I am that I'm actually taking offence to a lot of the things people are saying in this thread when logically I know I really shouldn't be lmao.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    How DARE you say bad things about Lady Gaga?!?!?!?!?! ...Lol, I'm kidding. :P I do like Lady Gaga, but I've never really had to deal with her fanbase. As I spend most of my time here, and don't interact with very many people in the real world, I really only have to deal with the Pokemon fanbase, which is pretty good for the most part~! Although, there are some...

taylor lautner is so hot.....mmmm....i could eat that all up
    Maybe it's just that I've disconnected myself from society lately, but am I the only one who has seen less 'Twitards' lately? I think the peak of the obsession was when the first two movies came out and since then, the Twilight fanbase seems to be less... rabid. This may be just my opinion though, I don't know what it's like in America where the Twitard fanbase is the strongest.

I haven't seen very many Twilight fans lately, at least not as much as I used to. I live in America, btw. I think it might have had a little to do with how it seemed to take forever for the first part of Breaking Dawn to come out, I can't really remember what it was like for Eclipse. I believe that it was New Moon that I went to the day it premiered, and even though it was at a small-ish theater, if you wanted to see New Moon... you had a wait ahead of you, and it didn't help that it was dark and cold outside. Twilight fans then could be... annoying.
    Speaking of Breaking Dawn... that started today, didn't it? I need to go see that now o.o

yes omg
    gaga is okay but just the obsession and the whole mother monster thing
    urban dictionary:
    Lady GaGa is the creator of all the Little Monsters (Lady GaGa Fans) and an inspiration and idol to all her fans and she loves all her fans as if they were her children, like a mother.

vomit vomit

Conversation I recently had:
    "so yeah dumbledore with the lighter..."
    *girl that I hate and wasn't in the conversation anyway interrupts*
    "I'm sorry did you say lighter!?"
    "Delighter then, everyone knows what I'm talking about"
    "It's called the Deluminator oh my god I'm tweeting this"

And being a tumblr user, I have to put up with Homestuck or Hetalia being in my face practically every second.

Lol, that is an interesting definition.

Harry Potter fans... uh, some are a bit too out there. I remember watching Shane Dawson's Harry Potter's Over music video, and some of the comments were a little... overboard? I mean, come on people, it's not that big of a deal! I myself am slightly sad that Harry Potter is over, but I'll deal with it. It's not like Harry Potter is the greatest thing since the creation of mankind or anything, like some seem to think.

Is... there a problem with Hetalia fans? Lol, I don't know any fans besides my sister, and she's not all that annoying... wait... okay, not with Hetalia at least. xD On a random note: I was Russia for Halloween. :3

And Justin Bieber fans... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I have nothing nice to say. Like, at all. So I'm not going to say anything, other than I am NOT a fan of that thing known as Bieber.

Who's... Joss Whedon? I think... I've seen some of those shows on TV, but I never bothered to watch them. -.-'

Another fanbase are the goth lovers who try too hard to be dark and nonconformist and think they're darkness and hatred incarnate because they shop at Hot Topic and watch Twilight and Brokeback Mountain on a daily basis, I swear to god the next time one of those freaks brings up a comparison war between Edward and Jacob I'm gouging my own ears out so I'd never have to hear that retarded blabber ever again.

I... I hope you don't think that's what goth people are all about? Those are just the idiots tring to act goth... they're not truly goth, IMO. My sister would probably go on a rant if you tried to say that's what goth people were about. It's not.

Team Edward or Team Jacob? Necrophilia or beastiality? Come on Bella, which do you choose? X3

There's also the Katy Perry fanbase but I haven't encountered many of them back then but Katy Perry sucks as a singer and should have her vocal cords removed for making the atrocity of a song "I Kissed a Girl", just my opinion though. Also the rap fanbase which is obsessed with the blandest and most pathetic excuse for rappers I have ever heard of, makes me miss Biggie and Tupac so much more.

Well... Katy Perry isn't bad, in my opinion. I like a lot of her songs~ But I also like most music, except...

...Rap. Yes, those fans are just completely... annoying. Ohmigawd, I'll put up with rap, and I admit sometimes it can be okay, but it's not great, and everybody is into it... Eminem? Don't care for the guy one bit.

Halo and CoD fabases though ugh, I won't touch Halo again. The fans are just...oh god. I also don't like fanbases with creepy fans...I can't think of any right off the bat, but it usually lies within video games and anime.

This is probably the main reason I refuse to play Halo. I absolutely refuse to play it. I only played Halo ODST for about three seconds. That's the closest I've come to playing a Halo game. I just... the fans just ruin it for me. And EVERYBODY talks about it, and I don't want to play a game that some of those people enjoy. V.V

Call of Duty... same thing goes, but I probably wouldn't play it either way, I'm not one for games like that. At least... I don't think I am? Besides... Black OPs is a CoD game, right? There's a nazi zombie mode in it, or something, I believe... that's just not right. The game is supposed to be about war? Trying to spice it up by adding a mode with zombies is just pathetic... If I feel like killing any zombies, I'll head straight for Left 4 Dead, thank you very much.

Long, post is long. Can't believe I actually had that much to say... didn't think I would. :S I must have come off redundant or something, there's no way I said all that without sounding at least a little redundant. X3

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
    The COD and Halo fans are one of the main reasons I don't play those kinds of games anymore. I just don't like paying 60 bucks to just be called names by a spoiled fifth grader.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back