• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Farming Games: What do you Recommend?

PokemonMaster97

"The King Of The Flying Types"
    Years
    I've played many simulation games such as Juarrasic (SP?) Park: Operation Genesis, Theme Park, Rollercoaster World and Animal Crossing but over the past week i've started to be interested in farming but cant find any good games that are worth playing.

I play on Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and DS, can anybody tell me any good farming games for those consoles?

I'd like to hear what you have played and what you recommend.

Thanks. ^_^

Years
    You may want to try out Harvest Moon. While the only one I've played was Friends of Mineral Town on GameBoy Advance, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I could also suggest Rune Factory.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    Hmmmm, I recommend the Rune Factory series because they are really fun. You farm and battle monsters. But the Harvest Moon series is amazing. Don't get the lame spinoffs like the girl one or something, just straight up Harvest Moon for DS.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    I'm going to agree with the others for Harvest Moon. It's a really fun series, and if you want one for the DS there is what femtrooper suggested. There's also Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade for the Wii. According to my friend, Animal Parade really lags, so even though is pretty much a 'upgraded' Tree of Tranquility, you should considering getting that one unless someone can vouch that it isn't as laggy (because my friend complains about everything so I don't want to completely believe him).

PokemonMaster97

Years
    I'm going to agree with the others for Harvest Moon. It's a really fun series, and if you want one for the DS there is what femtrooper suggested. There's also Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade for the Wii. According to my friend, Animal Parade really lags, so even though is pretty much a 'upgraded' Tree of Tranquility, you should considering getting that one unless someone can vouch that it isn't as laggy (because my friend complains about everything so I don't want to completely believe him).

Lol ^_^. I have a friend exactly the same! Anyway, ive watched vids on YTube and sort of like the look of the DS version of harvest moon, but it looks a little pixel-ated. They (They meaning game creaters) should make more farming games...

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    harvest moon harvest moon haarvest moon :D !

its really good,
    playing grand bazaar one now,
    need tips i can help you ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Farmville on Facebook is clearly the best option here.
    Ninja Caterpie likes this comment. /shot

anyway, yes, the Harvest Moon series is quite great. It's cute and funny and pretty addicting once you get into it. It's also a little bit more than just a farm simulator (ie. the relationship system) but you can just play it as that. :D Haha, when I was like 10 I played Mineral Town on GBA like 7 times to marry each of the characters to see all of the events. It was really time-consuming and funny.

Years
    Harvest Moon.

If you've got a Slot-1 extension, play Harvest Moon: FoMT. In my opinion, it's the best one to come out on a portable console. It's a very deep and complex game, if you get into it enough. If you're not a hardcore Harvest Moon fanatic, the Rune Factory series is pretty nice as well. You farm, and fight. How gangsta is that?

PokemonMaster97

Years
    I've been recommended Rune factory on another forum as well. By the feedback im getting I should thimnk Harvest Moon: DS and Rune factory are my best options.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I had harvest moon for the game cube. It's still one of my fav. games despite the fact that I don't even own it anymore. But I'll get one for the Wii soon (not sure which yet). But harvest moon is really quite addicting, though I don't really like the portables for some reason (but I'm a bit weird so....)

Back