• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fav Starter?

Favorite Starter?

• Charmander

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Squirtle

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Chikorita

• Cyndaquil

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Torchic

• Mudkip

• Treecko

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Snivy

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Tepig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chespin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Turtwig

• Chimchar

• Piplup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Cyndaquil usually. That said, Charmander's initial upwards slope is quite decent for Fire-types, although this aspect is usually neglected, and makes it seem quite decent as a starter in comparison, although its general path to Charizard is a bit generic. In that sense, maybe if it were just be kept at a Charmeleon. 'I've watched a change in you, it's like you never... had wings,' etc. Always seemed a slightly strange decision to add wings to a lizard and then not have it be a dragon-type, but anyway, in their defence Charizard may have been intended to be more of a pure fire-type at the beginning in any case.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2019
    I always found Chikorita to be underrated, its one of my favorites. Sure, its not a sweeper, like the fire types typically are, and in-game tends to favor sweepers. Meganium has good bulk, can set up dual screens, sword dance. It can do alot of stuff that is good for the team.

Years
    In order of preference...

Fav Starter?

First off, Chikorita! Absolutely adorable, in both the anime and games. I'm a sucker for cute and girly things and Chikorita fits that role so well.. she's pretty tough to use though with how many gyms resist grass types in Johto. But still, that makes it more of a challenge! I was always a lot more proud to get through the games with Meganium than Typhosion or Feraligatr. Plus, Ash's Chikorita was just eeeee.

Fav Starter?

Chespin, again for the design. I'm not a fan of his evolutions at aaaaall and I'd say they're my least favorite starter evolutions next to Tepig's but Chespin itself is a really nice Pokémon. I fell in love with the little guy as soon as I saw Clemont's in the anime.

Fav Starter?

Although I've always loved Totodile, only recently has he made his way to my list. Its moveset is great and he's very dependable in-game, but of course the primary reason is his design. The little silly antics and behavior he had in the anime is just unforgettable.

Johto starters overall are great. <3

Years
    Fav Starter?

You should all know by now how much I'm a sucker for Oshawott. I loved this Pokemon ever since I saw its cute expressions in the anime, and it was literally on the first BW anime episode that I knew I had my starter planned for Black & White set.

Aside from Oshawott, I mainly love all the Water-type starters and maybe Fennekin, Tepig and Chimchar as well. You can tell I'm a sucker for the cute ones.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I grew up as a Charmander fanboy despite Water being my favourite type. However, I have decided to vote for Piplup as my favourite starter. Pearl came around at a time when I needed distraction the most, and it remains the game which I logged the most hours in. For the majority of those 250+ hours, Piplup was by my side in its first stage. Piplup provided me with my favourite Pokemon game memory: Cynthia and I were down to 1 Pokemon each, I had no revives and Piplup was on red HP vs. Milotic. However, Hydro Pump managed to faint Milotic from its orange HP position and I finally became Sinnoh champion. Never before has a game made me jump up and down for joy like in that moment, I have Piplup to thank for that. :)

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Easily Fennekin takes my vote.
    Before would have been Oshy - ever since I been loving foxes more and more Fennek has been overtaking my favorite.

I Love Fennec Foxes - it's the only reason I need for Fennekin, Braixen, ,and Delphox to easily over take the place of all other starters.- will continue to be my favorite until a red fox starter is introuced

Years
    I vote for Mudkip!

Mudkip starts out cute, then eventually turns into a water-type that's immune to electric attacks. I find that awesome.

Also, Sapphire is my favorite game, so it makes sense that a Hoenn starter is at the top of my list...

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    I don't think anyone would be surprised of my choice. Snivy is not only my favorite starter, but my favorite pokemon in general. I just love Snivy's attitude (and its adorable snout), plus Snivy is based on a snake, which is one of my favorite animals. And I also adore Snivy's evolutions.

I'm not sure what my second favorite is. Treecko was my first starter, so it's probably him, but I also like Chikorita and Chespin.

Years
    The one thing I'm shocked at about the poll is Cyndaquil being the most popular. I expected it to be a Kanto or Hoenn starter that would be the leader in the votes.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
    Cyndaquil is burning the poll.

I will go for Charmander for this one. Being my first Pokemon from Pokemon Red, it holds a special place in my heart. (Plus he is the best starter said by WatchMojo)

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    Torchic is my favorite! I'm a Hoenn fan girl, and Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon of all time.
    (Though I have high hopes for Litten. I wanted a cat fire starter for years)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    I love Squirtle, but shouldn't Pikachu be on there as well, since it's the only starter of Yellow?

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    Hands down for me it would have to be Torchic! Can't beat the Hoenn Region and I love fire types so much, plus Blaziken is so powerful and the design if fantastic!

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    Hands down for me it would have to be Torchic! Can't beat the Hoenn Region and I love fire types so much, plus Blaziken is so powerful and the design if fantastic!
    ^_^ As a Hoenn fan girl, (and Blaziken being my favorite Pokemon), I agree 100% !

Back