• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Favorite and Least Favorite Genre(s) of Music?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Favourite genre: Progressive Rock, Heavy metal, Electronic, 80s pop.
    Least Favourite genre-World Music (except for Peter Gabriel) and Glam Rock (except for queen and T Rex)

Years
  • Favourite: Neue Deutsch Harte (Basically German metal)
    Least: Country and Classic rock, like the beatles, I just don't like their music :/

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I wouldn't say i have a favorite genre of music as there is none that stand above the rest. As for least favorite, I absolutely have much disdain for country, metal, most rap, (though some can be good).

I guess if i had to choose some genres i liked, I'm a fan of rock, forms of pop, and indie groups

Years
  • My favorite styles of music is Contemporary Christian/Praise and Worship, oldies from the mid-50's to early 70's and very little 80's and 90's pop. My least favorite is classical, country, and heavy metal.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    To be honest, I'll really listen to anything nowadays. I have a really large library, and some days you can catch me listening to Carly Rae Jepsen, and others listening to Death Grips. I can be somewhat unpredictable with my tastes.

However, there is one exception: country or folk music. I'm not sure why, but I've never ever had the ability to stomach that genre. I really don't like it, though I do have a respect for it and how it has shaped some of the modern industry.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    My favorite would have to be metal, but I enjoy quite a large variety of music, with genres coming from across the spectrum.

Except...

Country music. I don't dislike it, but I just can't get into it, at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    first, what do you mean by world music? :o and what do you think of David Bowie?
    1. World Music is a genre in which different cultures of music are mashed together. Peter Gabriel, the lead singer of Genesis was a pioneer of this genre in which he explored many cultures in his work.

2. Oh by the way, i like David Bowie but i consider him an art rock/avant garde musician more than glam

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • 1. World Music is a genre in which different cultures of music are mashed together. Peter Gabriel, the lead singer of Genesis was a pioneer of this genre in which he explored many cultures in his work.

2. Oh by the way, i like David Bowie but i consider him an art rock/avant garde musician more than glam
    always thought of world music as more of a descriptor for things coming from countries that aren't, like, white -- so, for example, afrobeat or reggae or something. Gabriel did cull from lots of Worldly Sounds, but he's more of an art rock dude doing some sort of pastiche, imo. (still love some of his solo stuff, for sure.) so I was just wondering if there were specific subsets of "world music" you weren't fond of!

and I'll give you that re: Bowie. he was definitely a step ahead of the rest of the glam scene.

Gaea

•Mother Earth•
    Years
  • I will listen to almost ANYTHING, but I lean more on pop-punk and post-hardcore. Least favorite genre has to be country.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • I find reggae to be the least palatable kind of music. I've given it an honest chance to sway me, but it's really difficult to enjoy or take seriously.

Lately I've experienced a bloom in psychedelic rock, spearheaded chiefly by Tame Impala, Temples and the like. Good stuff.

Back