• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite Basic Pokémon?

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    What is your favorite Pokémon that doesn't have evolutions?

As a First Gen. fan, I really like Moltres and Electrabuzz. I don't really know why, but they appeal to me a lot! I remember snapping pictures of Electrabuzz in Pokémon Snap and I always had him in my 6 ever since!

What about you, community?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Oh as a 1st gen'er I absolutely love Zapdos and Lapras, they are just too cool for school :P

I've always loved them, and they are just sweet, lapras is one of my favorite waters, and Zapdos was the first pokemon I ever liked, good times...

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Well I've liked Torkaol abit, no reason as to why I like him, just do :)

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    Oh man, I forgot all about Lapras! I could never get a Holographic of Lapras! I have a few without Holo. Lolz

Is Lapras one of the few Pokémon never to have more than 1 trading card made of them? I'm not sure I've seen another Lapras.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Zangoose! It's teh bäst in Ruby.

Magmar was one of my favourites in Metal gen. (it didn't have that bizarre evo then)
    ED: oh wait... perhaps Magmar doesn't count.... since it actually had Magby in Metal gen... :/

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    Oh as a 1st gen'er I absolutely love Zapdos and Lapras, they are just too cool for school :P

I've always loved them, and they are just sweet, lapras is one of my favorite waters, and Zapdos was the first pokemon I ever liked, good times...

I also like Zapdos and Lapras. They're so kewl! ^_^

People above have posted about Pokémon that didn't exist in the Color or Metal games, so maybe this should be moved to a different forum. SonicJump, are you asking about first and second generation Pokémon, or any gen?

FutureJirachi

-.*!Jirachi!*.-
    Years
    In the 1st gen my favorite is Lapras(that cute big thing), in the 2nd it's Sudowoodo(it's funny), in the 3rd it's Luvdisc(it's sooo cute!) and in the 4th I don't know, which pokémon is my favorite.

P.S.: Sorry, if my English is very bad.

SonicJump

Pokémon Lover
    Years
    I really don't know any of the new ones from the generations after the 2nd. But, any I guess I was assuming 1st and 2nd. Sorry about that! =]

I just love the brighter Pokémon. The ones you think of when you think of happy and upbeat. Unlike Gengar (who is still very awesome). ^^

I loved the 3 Legendaries!

What makes me kinda mad is sure, we had Mewtwo the one genetically engineered and then the rare Mew who they based Mewtwo off of from it's DNA. Then we had the 3 Legendary Birds. Now you hear about these new extremely rare ones from different dimensions and this and that and it really just ruins the whole "Legendary" theme you know?

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Zangoose! It's teh bäst in Ruby.

Magmar was one of my favourites in Metal gen. (it didn't have that bizarre evo then)
    ED: oh wait... perhaps Magmar doesn't count.... since it actually had Magby in Metal gen... :/
    I was under the impression that they were still "Basic" and the pre-evolved forms were "baby".

I'm quite a fan of all of them in both games. Except maybe Paras and Magikarp.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Kamonegi, which is my favourite Pokemon anyway. :D

You'd probably know it better as Farfetch'd.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    Wow, while spending the time to read through the thread, far too many non-evolution pokemon popped up in my head that I like, so I think I'll list a few of them.

Pinsir- As soon as I saw its card, I loved the leaping pose it made, and when I used it in Blue version, its Guillotine worked more than the vast majority of pokemon I used one-hit-KO attacks with. Also, well just look at its mouth, it's so awesome!

Farfetch'd- It's one of the only pokemon with a weapon at its disposal (an edible one at that), and I always liked that Farfetch'd episode of the show from the first season.

Dunsparce- Pokemon's underdog. Back when I had an interest in using pokemon that were hard to find instead of using strong ones or easy to train ones, Dunsparce seemed to hold more power than commonly rumored. I also liked how in Crystal, it drilled its tail when it appeared.

Miltank- Miltank was always a plague when it was used against you in your 3rd gym match, making the only options aside from long training sessions being to get a Rock type or trade for the Machop in the Goldenrod Dept. Store. However, it didn't take long for the game to give you a chance to get your own Miltank, so you can cause everyone else the same insanity that Whitney caused you.

Aerodactyl- As soon as I got a GSC official guide book, I saw the true power of Aerodactyl. Its speed matched Electrode for highest in the game. Also, with decent attack and a supportive movepool at its disposal, I always made sure my Aerodactyls couldn't lose.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    From the 1st gen i like balbusaur, from the 2nd gen chikorita, from the 3rd gen absol and from the 4th gen turtwig.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Well my favourite basic period is still pikachu but, I also like Meowth, Magmar, Cyndaquil, and Charmander. When I played the TCG my fire decks allways had Charmander.

Sorry I didnt see the part without evolutions.

My preference in that case would be Magmar or Aerodactyl.

Last edited:
    Back