• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Cartoons Growing Up?

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
  • Very much... I used to watch Spacetoon, a channel with full of anime, all day long, the highest in my favorite list are NG Knight Lamune, Webdiver, Dragon League, Huck Finn Monogatari, and Yu-Gi-Oh!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I watched just about every 90's cartoon. After I started watching Dragonball Z in 2002 or so, I kind drifted away from cartoons. But here is a list of my favorites that I still love watching today.

Ed, Edd & Eddy
    Winnie the Pooh
    Scooby-Doo
    Tom & Jerry
    Scooby Doo
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Kim Possible
    Rocket Power
    The Proud Family
    Catdog
    Recess
    The Weekenders
    Johnny Bravo
    Doug
    Looney Tunes
    The Rugrats
    Hey Arnold
    Teen Titans
    Codename Kids Next Door (Don't know it that is how you spell it)
    Code Lyoko
    Xiaolin Showdown
    Little Bear
    Timon and Pumba ( Watched it every night before I went to bed :D)

Animes: (Jap. Considers them cartoons)
    DB, DBZ, DBGT
    Yu-gi-oh Original - GX
    Duel Masters
    Battle B-Damon
    Beyblade (Original)
    Pokemon (All)
    Digimon (Most)
    (These are ones I grew up with, there are still a lot more, but newer)

There is one other show I use to watch every Satureday Morning, but I do not know what it was. It was based of Nascar I think, but it was called something else... maybe not, but I cannot remember.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • I watched just about every 90's cartoon. After I started watching Dragonball Z in 2002 or so, I kind drifted away from cartoons. But here is a list of my favorites that I still love watching today.

Ed, Edd & Eddy
    Winnie the Pooh
    Scooby-Doo
    Tom & Jerry
    Scooby Doo
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Kim Possible
    Rocket Power
    The Proud Family
    Catdog
    Recess
    The Weekenders
    Johnny Bravo
    Doug
    Looney Tunes
    The Rugrats
    Hey Arnold
    Teen Titans
    Codename Kids Next Door (Don't know it that is how you spell it)
    Code Lyoko
    Xiaolin Showdown
    Little Bear
    Timon and Pumba ( Watched it every night before I went to bed :D)

Animes: (Jap. Considers them cartoons)
    DB, DBZ, DBGT
    Yu-gi-oh Original - GX
    Duel Masters
    Battle B-Damon
    Beyblade (Original)
    Pokemon (All)
    Digimon (Most)
    (These are ones I grew up with, there are still a lot more, but newer)

There is one other show I use to watch every Satureday Morning, but I do not know what it was. It was based of Nascar I think, but it was called something else... maybe not, but I cannot remember.

Nascar Racers is probably the show you were thinking of that is based off Nascar

Years
  • Excluding anime like Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonball Z, and Sailormoon, I would have to say one of my guilty pleasures when I was young was Spongebob Squarepants, LOL. Even now sometimes I will watch it just for giggles because of how stupid the show actually is XD I had a phase of Jimmy Neutron, Teen Titans and Fairly Odd Parents during my adolescent years; Berenstain Bears, Arthur, Max & Ruby for the younger years.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One of them would be Rugrats. Every time it was on TV, I would try my best to not miss it. To me, it was a really entraining show. 8) Another would be Tom & Jerry, as it would never fail to make me laugh. I also really liked Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Years
  • Favorites:
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    - Sonic SatAm
    - DuckTales
    - Darkwing Duck

Miscellaneous:
    - Peanuts
    - Moomin
    - Dexter's Laboratory
    - Swat Kats

Guest123_x1

Among the cartoons that I fondly remember watching as a kid back in the day were:
    *Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show - I really loved seeing the classic Looney Tunes on television, even if they were all severely edited for content.
    *The New Woody Woodpecker Show - Consisting of newly made Woody Woodpecker and Chilly Willy shorts/segments, I tuned in to every episode that I could, and even had the VCR's timer set to record each airing.
    *Scooby Doo, Where Are You! - After hearing that one of my cousins liked Scooby Doo, I wanted to get into it myself, so my mom bought me a couple of videos containing classic Scooby episodes. That Great Dane is so silly!
    *Original Series Pokémon - Once I got into Pokémon, I made it a point ot tune in to Kids' WB to watch the Pokémon anime, which was in the Orange Islands for first-run by the time I started watching. I also regularly watched reruns of older arcs during the weekday Kids' WB block. I also taped broadcasts of the anime on a regular basis.

During my childhood, I also frequently watched some of the older Disney Animated Classics (such as Pinocchio, Robin Hood, Peter Pan, etc.)

Back