• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite film?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • I will just go a couple that are not series(unless you include The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly as a series since the Man with No Name is in two previous movies.)

• The Departed
    • The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
    • Forrest Gump
    • Pulp Fiction
    • Dazed and Confused
    • Old School
    • American History X
    • The Patriot

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    My favorite film is Titanic, classic and unique.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I cba to explain why, anyone who isn't a film nerd probably wouldn't care.

Top 2, that I can never decide on which should be #1:
    - Blade Runner
    - Dr. Strangelove

The rest:
    - Schindler's List
    - LotR Trilogy
    - A Streetcar Named Desire
    - Delicatessen
    - The City of Lost Children
    - Mulholland Drive
    - The Shining
    - Romeo + Juliet
    - District 9
    - Withnail & I

Last edited:

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    My two favorite films that are fighting for my #1 favorite are Memoirs of a Geisha and Repo! The Genetic Opera. They are pretty much on the top of my must-watch-again list when I want to watch something.

saint paxton

Wat it do baby boo~
    Years
  • Dancer in the Dark is beautiful. I also love Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2, Eraserhead, Black Swan, The Beales of Grey Gardens, Shaun of the Dead, Gummo, Factory Girl, Monster, Hard Candy, etc.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • X-Men: The last Stand. I dont care what others say, I effing loved that movie, also X2 and X-Men. Mutant Nerd alert! and I just saw the new X-Men: First Class trailer and it is awesome. Im really excited for it to come out, which is the day before graduation ^^

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    The Godfather.
    Akira.
    This Is England.
    Phone Booth.
    Scarface.
    Shaun of the Dead.

Those are the ones that come to mind.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    There are a lot of great films posted already. My top five goes something like..

- Dazed and Confused
    - Inception
    - Titanic
    - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
    - Step Brothers

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Titanic, Alice in Wonderland, Rome + Juliet, Da Vinci Code, Angels vs Demons, Tangled, A Walk to Remember, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Friendship, they're the unforgetable ones.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • My two favorite films are Coraline, Benny & Joon, The Uninvited, Pam's Labyrinth, and Good Burger.

Coraline is a masterpiece in my opinion. The art is so vivid and intricate and it's claymation. It boggles my mind that they did it as well as I they did. I think it deserves an Oscar. The movie itself is just... so me. I have a love of dark things and of cute things. So Coraline is literally perfect for me.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm super picky with movies, and I only like a few. My all time favorites are:

Inglourious Basterds
    The Breakfast Club
    Titanic
    Forrest Gump
    Memoirs of a Geisha (even though I prefer the book)

there are some others that I enjoy when they're on like Legally Blonde, Role Models, Austin Powers, and Kicking and Screaming. But those others are the ones I love the most.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
  • I love to watch movies, so my favourite ones changes from time to time, but I will not forget A Walk To Remember and Titanic! Those movie made me cry! <3

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
  • The Seven Samurai. It manages to be both over-the-top and fun whilst also being deep and contemplative. The dialogue is witty, the cinematography is beautiful and the fights are perfectly choreographed. It's just a spectacular movie.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • God, this is going to make me feel older than I am... My favourite film is the 1976 satire/horribly-real-drama Network.

I heartily recommend it, but hesitate to tell people what it's about as part of the fun involves getting swept away with the plot. On a purely cinematic level, however, it has ridiculously fine acting from Peter Finch, Faye Dunaway and William Holden, potent direction and cinematography, not to mention probably the best script ever written by the master that is Paddy Chayefsky. Other films may be technically 'better', but none can hold a personal candle to Network in my eyes.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well from a position of naming one off the top of my head, it would go to The Lion King, only because the plot, soundtrack and everything is amazing and I love it. I love it as a soundtrack and as a piece of musical theatre, so for it as a film, it kinda immediately jumps to the top.

That said, looking back even just over the end of last year, films like Tangled and Inception I found so well made and entertaining in their own ways, that I'd definitely mention them!

Oh! And I love 300 so much as well! The special effects / editing in that film is fierce, ridiculously fierce and wonderfully composed!

So yeah, Lion King, Inception, 300 and Tangled come to mind.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • My favorites are Swing Kids, The Lion King, and A Series of Unfortunate Events. Swing Kids is really good because I just love the story. It's about kids who live in Nazi Germany and rebel against the laws, but then they start to become enemies after they join the HJ and some of them end up not wanting to rebel anymore. The Lion King is pretty obvious, since the soundtrack is amazing and the plot is sad. A Series of Unfortunate Events is underrated in my opinion, the settings were really amazing and kept my attention. It had a dark feeling to it, yet had its funny moments.

Back