• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favorite Gen 6 Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
  • Hello again everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening! Now that we've had a chance to experience some, if not most, of the Pokemon in X & Y. I wanted to know what are you guy's favorite or favorites? I haven't finished Y yet but my absolute two favorites are Malamar and Doublade. The two Pokemon play on two things i really love: Swords and Tentacles. Doublade is overlooked in favor for Aegislash (sp?) but I find that it can take hits very well and hits just as hard. And Malamar with Contrary is a thing of beauty. Reversal for stat changes make Superpower increases your power instead of crippling it. Color me impressed. Plus the both look so cool~ So what are you guy's favorite Gen 6 Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Chesnaught is definitely one of my favorite sixth-gen Pokémon. It's got a very intimidating-looking design, and is able to perform quite well when battling. Its Defense is extremely heavy, making it a great physical wall. Its Attack stat isn't that bad, either. Chesnaught may be a bit slower than most other Pokémon, but that's not such a huge deal; how you utilize it is all that matters. Thanks to the help of this Pokémon, I've been able to win tons of online matches. I'm a fan of Greninja, too, and also Mega Charizard Y. :)

Years
  • I really like Greninja and Aurorus to be honest :) Greninja's speed is ridiculous, not to mention that it looks awesome :P I haven't really had time to train many of the gen 6 pokemon so i'm not to sure about many others but these two stand out to me so far

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Gen VI has quite a lot of Pokemon I like. I'd say that my overall favorite is Pangoro, the Japanese delinquent panda. But I also like Doublade, Tallonflame, Greninja, Chesnaught, Delphox, Malamar, Tyrantrum, Avalugg (mostly because he was the best bro during E4), Pyroar, Goodra, Noivern etc. Basically every single Gen VI Pokemon.

I don't know if there's a single generation where I like so many Pokemon. Perhaps it was a great idea adding less Pokemon since now a majority is great. Instead of pushing some questionable designs, they only used the best they got.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • By design, it's how I base what my favorite Pokemon will be, my top favorite Pokemon in Kalos is Meowstic. Such beautiful design they both have (male and female). As soon as I saw it's design on CoroCor I just fell in love with it.

The other Pokemon I also loved as soon as I saw it was Espurr. I just loved it!!

the other Pokemon I"m starting to like are Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Chespin, Quilladin,and Sylveon.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Vivillon is my favorite. It can be a surprisingly good sweeper( kind of). Quiver dance 1 or 2 times and, with compound eyes, will hit hurricane way more than 70% of the time. It has like 110 base damage.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My favorite Gen 6 Pokemon are Greninja, Tyrantrum, Yveltal, Aegislash, and Sylveon. Amaura/Aurorus is friggin' adorable. And then there's Espurr, who's an appealing mix of creepy and cute.

And I like some of the mega evolutions, but those techinically aren't Gen 6 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • While tyrantrum looks so badass, Auroros is slightly better in competitive battles (according to me).I really love the design of malamar, heliolisk, hawlucha and trevenant :)

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the new Pokemon. Greninja and Tyrantrum were two designs that I've liked though. I wish Tyrantrum was a little better competitively, but I know for a fact that Greninja is Top 5 in usage because of THAT SPEED AND PROTEAN! Every team I've seen has one!

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I'm basing my favorites by their design. Greninja is my favorite of the starters. He's so badass! I took a big liking to Meowstic, especially the female form. Both forms look so elegant... Sylveon is my favorite Eeveelution. Oh my gosh, it's so CUTE! I've also taken a liking to Pokemon that lots of others don't like such as Dedenne and Carbink. :)

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • Sylveon is tied with Skitty for the position of my all-time favorite Pokemon. I'm also very fond of Vivillon. Pumpkaboo, Fennekin, and Diancie are great too.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • I don't know if there's a single generation where I like so many Pokemon. Perhaps it was a great idea adding less Pokemon since now a majority is great. Instead of pushing some questionable designs, they only used the best they got.

I'd say I agree, but that wouldn't be fair to the generations I haven't (and won't) play(ed). Buying 4komas, though, I have an idea who came from gen 4 and 5, I just don't really care. I do feel like they scaled back a bit in this generation, though, by attempting to go the simple but standout route instead of adding unnecessary details that muck things up. To me, Kalos Pokemon feels like an extension of the Houen Pokemon (which for me is great considering I felt Houen had the best lot as far as intriguing but not too convoluted design goes, Earth/Water/Sky legendaries aside).

I haven't finished the game, very slow player here, so I can't give a final list of favorites. What I can say so far, though, is that I like the Flabebe family, Spritzee, all the starters and their middle evos, Greninja, Scatterbug and Vivillon, Fletchling and Fletchinder, Skiddo, Sylveon (gross flesh ribbons aside, cannot unthink that) and Honedge. Haven't gotten much further out than that.

My number one all time standout favorite of this generation? Aromatisse. I liked her design the moment I saw it, but playing with her is a whole other thing, both in battle and in Amie. I wanna give her a big hug but then I'd be a feathery, perfumy mess. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    Aegislash is awesome. I love swords and sorcery, and ghost is my favorite Pokemon type. Meowstic is really cute. I think Gen VI has the best designs since Gen I.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    My absolute favourite from this gen is Malamar, I knew it would be difficult to top ever since I saw him in corocoro. I love his design and typing.

After that my other favourites from this gen would be Dragalge, Pumpkaboo, Hawlucha, Trevenant, Delphox, Barbaracle, Flabebe, Meowstic, Pyroar and Xerneas. (In that order)

Even after those the only ones I dislike/don't get is Litleo and Aromatisse. Overall a great gen for designs.

In terms of the mega evolutions, the only one I love is mega mawile. I like a few others sorta but not on the same level as mega mawile.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hawlucha is my favourite generation six Pokemon by far! It has a bad ass design, who doesn't like a luchador bird? It also has a great typing and the right tools to succeed at it's disposal!

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I absolutely adore Heliolisk, Noivern and Gogoat. Heliolisk, however, takes the #1 spot.

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • Definitely Noivern. At first, I thought it looked really weird, and just a loudred mixed with a dragon (which I do still think), but it has grown on me. Another favorite is Greninja and Aegislash. For Greninja, I just love frogs. And for Aegislash, I've been waiting for a Ghost/Steel type for a long time, and this one does particularly well competitively.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back