• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Generation and Why?

Fav Gen?

• Gen 1 - Kanto

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Gen 2 - Johto

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Gen 3 - Hoenn

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Gen 4 - Sinnoh

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Gen 5 - ????

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None/Tie/Undecided

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    What's your favorite Pokemon Generation and why?
    Just a reminder:
    Generation One - Kanto
    Generation Two - Johto
    Generation Three - Hoenn
    Generation Four - Sinnoh
    Generation Five - ????

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I am sure there is already a thread for this, did you search for a thread like this in case there is already one? Well it doesn't matter now.

Well my favourite Gen would've been Gen II or Gen IV simply because of the games. I love the graphics and gamplay including the extras. Johto is simply the best and is the most fun reigon to play in!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Generation II for the most obvious reasons ever. If they're not obvious to you, then I'll state them.

- Going to two regions
    - 16 badges to collect
    - The battle against Red [strongest trainer ever]
    - Red Gyarados [first shiny Pokémon announced]
    - day/night system [first announced]

...and possibly more I can't think of.

Night Raider

Looks like it's up to me
    Years
  • Generation II for the most obvious reasons ever. If they're not obvious to you, then I'll state them.

- Going to two regions
    - 16 badges to collect
    - The battle against Red [strongest trainer ever]
    - Red Gyarados [first shiny Pokémon announced]
    - day/night system [first announced]

...and possibly more I can't think of.
    -Noctowl
    -Lugia
    -Scizor

Epicness thy name is Johto

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Generation 2 - Johto. Why?
    Well, the game Pokemon Silver is the reason, and I love the pokemon too.
    If I didnt pick Johto then it will be Kanto since I love the first 151 Pokemon too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I chose Hoenn because of the general "Feel" of R/S/E, it had a bit of an awesome atmosphere to it. Especially around the routes with weather... I was surprised they got rid of things like shadows and clouds reflecting in puddles in the Gen IV games... Not to mention the ability to dive and the massive water routes.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I see I'm with the majority when I say G/S/Cr was my favorite generation.
    It's perfectly between being too old and being too new.
    I love it :3
    Also, Lugia's just too pwnsome to forget.
    And there's just...so much about it that I love xD
    It was released around the time I started really getting into Pokemon.

Armleg

Protector of all Slowpokes!
    Years
  • Lol. I hate to be the same as everyone else and say gen. II, but I have to. I loved Crystal. I am very surprised that no one has voted for the first generation yet; that would have to be a close second, imo.
    My reason for choosing gen. II...
    1. Feraligatr is one of my favorite Pokemon, and it was the first starter Pokemon evolution to have 18 total stat points.
    2. Slowking rocks everyone's socks.
    3. Generally, the Pokemon look awesome.
    4. Dunsparce causes me to rofl.
    5. Crystal was the first game I had a lv. 100 team (no cheating!).

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • The 3rd generation all the way. Why? Because I grew up more with it than I did with the 2nd generation. And besides hoenn was awesome with its dive HM.

Dawn Rules

<--- Dawn Strong, Smart & Sexy
    Years
  • My favourite generation is 3 why?

1. Natures.
    2. Gardevoir, Rayquaza, Metagross, Seviper are some of my fav pokemon and there from gen 3.
    3. Battle music.
    4. Battle fronteir on Emerald.
    5. Contests.
    6. Ribbons
    The list goes on and on
    As much as i like Gen 2 Gen 3 is better in y eyes plus Leaf Green was the first game i got a pokemon to lvl 100 (Farfetch'dthe traded one) and my 2nd and 3rd lvl 100s were on Emerald(Rayquaza and Ludicolo)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    oh man johto all the way

- first pokemon game was silver, i probably finished and retsrted it 20 times when i was a kid

- awesome pokemon like the straters and ther evolutions, houndoom, tyranitar, ampharos, legendaries and much more

- whitneys miltank, oh how much i hated that

-mom always spending money

little things like this make it the best region ever.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yeah! Like other said before me, Scizor - Ampahros - Crobat - Steelix - Ariados! Simply epic. Johto is simply the best! Scizor is a really good pokemon! n_n

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Gen 2 , because I love how you do all the badges 1-8 and then the elite four. Then you can do it in Johto all over again :)

Plus all the lengenarys are sweet :)!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    My favorite is a tie between Gen. 3 and Gen. 4.

I loved Gen 3 because it was the first Gen that I played, and in my opinion had the best starters. Hoenn was just an awesome region. The diff. climates and dive made it clearly stand out from Gens 1 & 2 (especially Fortree City), and the pokemon weren't that bad either and had the coolest designs of all the generations. Honestly, I think that if Gen 3 had night/day and included going back to say Johto a lot more people would think it was the best generation. It DEFINITELY gets underrated when compared to the first 2.

Gen 4 is awesome too. It had the 2nd best set of starters after Hoenn, the new pokemon didn't look that bad (as some may think), graphics are amazing, I love the music, Sinnoh is probably the 2nd best region landscape/climate wise, and the pokemon league seemed to be harder than in previous generations (which is good cause I always got bored w/ the previous pokmeon league's after like the 2nd rematch)..

I personally think that the only thing keeping Gen 3 and 4 from being the best generations is that there isn't that much to do after beating the pokemon league. If they had Gen 2's longetivity then they would have been even better.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • gen 3. Although I have been a fan since I started watching the kanto anime, and my first game was Silver, I grew up with hoenn more. When I had Silver, I didn't really understand it. Then in sapphire I used to restart like crazy, and then emerald was the first game I beat. I love the different climates, and some of my fav. pokemon are from there (mightyena, camrupt, skitty, swellow, zangoose, the starters). It introduced a different plot (team magma and team aqua), new things to do through the game (contests) and it had an awesome battle fronteir. I love hoenn.... to bad I don't have any working hoenn games anymore... need to get a emeralf off ebay

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I chose Hoenn because of the general "Feel" of R/S/E, it had a bit of an awesome atmosphere to it. Especially around the routes with weather... I was surprised they got rid of things like shadows and clouds reflecting in puddles in the Gen IV games... Not to mention the ability to dive and the massive water routes.

Pretty much that exactly, plus the fact that Gen 3 is what got me back into Pokemon, after mostly leaving the fandom for a few years. Johto bored me back in the day, but I found Hoenn awesome.

Back