• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Grass Starter?

Which Grass type Starter?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Treecko

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Snivy

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Chespin

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hnnnng I love all of them but I'm going to have to say Bulbasaur! I always loved Bulbasaur in the anime and I was excited to start with Bulbasaur when I picked up a Blue. I never actually finished a playthrough using Bulbasaur though lmfao. But still I love it a lot and was also the first Pokemon I ever soft-resetted for a shiny for! ♥

In order:
    - Bulbasaur
    - Chikorita
    - Snivy
    - Turtwig
    - Chespin
    - Treecko

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Went with Treecko because of how awesome Mega Sceptile is. It also became my first Grass partner in the Mystery Dungeon series

Years
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course...

...but Snivy leading Bulbasaur? xD

I don't support that. Bulbasaur is an easy choice for me here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Snivy all the way! That Pokemon was smug as hell, and I loved it! Serperior was much favorite final evolution started from that Generation too. Next, I would choose Treeko; that Pokemon had swag. In the anime he seemed like the classy Pokemon of Ash's team and his final evolution, Sceptile was a boss!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I'll go with Sceptile because of its high special attack and speed which is a factor not apparent in the rest of the grass-type starters.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Bulbasaur/Venusaur because its an awesome tank of a thing with its mega evolution.

Zeleia

StainRose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Sceptile's mega form gave him some huge points in my book, but favorite Grass type, nay, favorite starter, has always been Snivy and his family. Come on, that smug face and the arrogant attitude and pretty much the King of Serpent title? It was no contest.

Super_Melons

Supreme
    Years
    It was a toss up between Bulbasaur and Chikorita for me... but I definitely had to go with bulba. :] While it's mega-evo is probably the least exciting of all the pokemon listed, it's designed pretty well.

But I'm not really a grass trainer. I prefer fire starters!!

Back