• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite GSC City?

Years
    Goldenrod City is my favorite because I enjoy big cities in the Pokemon games. In Goldenrod, there was a Radio Tower, a Dept. Store, the Gym (obviously), the Underground where you can get haircuts, the Magnet Train station, the Name Rater, Bill's house, and the Game Corner. Plus, the theme song of Goldenrod is epic and the city wasn't far to the National Park either so you can go there without going through any tall grass.

I hope they add more buildings in there that you can enter. The only reason it looked big because most of the buildings lacked doors. >_>

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Goldenrod City, there was just so much crap to do there. I also liked a bunch of the Kanto cities, because it was nice to see them updated.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I love Goldenrod because of its big market, magnet train, radio tower and I love the Team Rocket takeover, Eevee! and it is a very large, appealing city to me.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    goldenrod/saffron city I loved the idea of the train connecting the two

Utau

t s u n d e r e
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Blackthorn City for me, and it's always been. ^^

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
    It either goes to Blackthorn or Goldenrod City.

One brings back good memories of what I did there

Hehehe :laugh:

Anyway. I love the big cities So Goldenrod takes the cake. So much stuff happenes there too. Day Care. Bug Catching Contest. Bike Shop. Haircut Salon. Game Corner. Radio Tower. Radio Tower Take Over. Underground Battles. Department Store. Magnet Train to Saffron City! ZOMG!

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Goldenrod was a great city, it was large and had everything you needed. Magnet train, department store, underground etc

Blackthorn was also pretty cool.

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Goldenrod and Ecruteak because they have much in them unlike Blackthorn that has almost nothing in it except the gym, move-deleter and the (cool) dungeon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ecruteak maniac here. Lets see...you unleash the trio here, you see all (except generation IV) Eeveelutions here, I love ghost types, you battle Silver<3, there's a gym (giggle), you get surf, nice music, and it's got history. What more could you want?

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    New Bark Town or Cherrygrove City. They have some special flair. I like the quit, relaxing sound in New Bark Town and why i like Cherrygrove Town? i dont know, like i said, it has something special..

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Seeing as nobody really knows what the HG/SS towns and cities actually look like, this really is more suited to the Metal and Colour Generation Games section. Since as everyone is talking about them based on GSC... hence the thread moveage.

I personally liked Goldenrod and Ecruteak a good deal, although only a bit more than some others. Especially due to Goldenrod City's music. And all the stuff there as well.

Years
    I always liked Ecruteak personally. It's just so mellow, and the never ending novelty of battling the dancer girls to get surf, plus the gym battle is one of the more fun ones in the game

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I prefer Blackthorn, for some reason. Maybe because of the Dragon's Den and abundant Dratini that pop up around the gym.

Back