• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Mid-Staged Starter?

What's Your Favorite Mid-Staged Starter?

• Ivysaur

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Charmeleon

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Wartortle

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Bayleef

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Quilava

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Croconaw

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Grovyle

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Combusken

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Marshtomb

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Grotle

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Monferno

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Prinplup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    I chose Wartortle.
    I think Mid-Stage Starter pokemon are made to be fairly disappointing pokemon so the players are more eager to evolve them. >.<

Nathaniel.

is here
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    Grovyle has the best design and one of the best grass type Pokémon, so yea I choose it. Charmeleon comes next.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2011
    It's close between all of the 2nd gen mid-stages, I'd have to say that croconaw is my overall favorite though.

Years
    Ivysaur for nostalgia reasons and just being generally awesome. Groyvle (sp?) is pretty cool too, although I dislike the rest of its line.
    I still can't take Charmeleon seriously, after all the years what I think of first when I read the name Charmeleon or see a Charmeleon is its ridiculously awful cow-like RBY backsprite.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Although Bulbasaur is my favorite Pokémon of all time, I don't like Ivysaur as much as Grovyle. In my opinion, Grovyle is the coolest looking one of the bunch.

Years
    The second stage of the starters is always my favorite. I love all of these guys. But Ivysaur is my all time second favorite pokemon so I picked it.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    I like Croconaw, who seems to be the perfect transition between Totodile and Gatr.
    Runner-up is Grovyle, because he's cool, what with the big leaf blades and leaf hair thing.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    Combusken, of course. Because Torchic, Combusken and Blaziken (and Ralts line) are my favorite Pokemon!

Hm... I should have voted for Prinplup so that stupid Monferno would be the only one without a vote >:D
    Stupid Chimchar....

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I still can't take Charmeleon seriously, after all the years what I think of first when I read the name Charmeleon or see a Charmeleon is its ridiculously awful cow-like RBY backsprite.

I still struggle with this as well, but even so Charmeleon takes the cake imo. I also like Wartortle, Grovyle and Quilava, just not as much as Charmeleon.

Salacberry

ェラ-ナ ♥
    Years
    I totally agree with you- the first and final stages get all the attention and the middle stages are unloved. I love most middle stage starters, but my favourite is Quilava, who I like better than its evolutions. <3 I also like Ivysaur, Wartortle, Croconaw, Combusken and Grovyle a lot and more than their other stages. I actually prefer middle stage starters in general, as well as Luxio, who needs more love.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Ivysaur.For Nostalgia being my first evolution ever.Also it's rose is just badass xD

Shame May never showed her Ivysaur in the anime though.It went directly to Venasaur.

Close second is Wartortle and Charmeleon for the same Nostalgic reasons

Years
    The only mid-staged evolutions that really appeal to me are Quilava and Grovyle, but I think that the 3rd generation pokemon looked better than the others, which includes Grovyle as the only starter that looks any better is Blaziken, so I went with Grovyle.

Back