• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite middle stage starter

Years
    I would honestly have to say Grovyle and Raboot!!!

Grovyle largely due to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky, my all-time favourite games!! Grovyle's devotion to the main character is truly remarkable. I will always cherish such a well-written character in my heart. Words cannot acutely express how brilliant I find Grovyle's interpretation. Of course, I also adore Grovyle's desig. It certainly helps being the pre-evolution to my favourite grass type starter.

My love for Raboot is more heavily associated with design. This fire-type bunny is perhaps my favourite generation 8 Pokémon. It just looks so insanely badass. The energy this Pokémon radiates is simply untouched, immaculate. Raboot is the embodiment of cool, effortlessly so. I want more than anything to have Raboot by my side.

It's notable that these two possess a similar vibe to them, which is yet another why I adore them so much.

Honourable mentions: Monferno, Bayleef, & Combusken!

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Gen 1: Wartortle
    Gen 2: Quilava
    Gen 3: Grovyle
    Gen 4: Monferno
    Gen 5-8: None

Out of these, I think Quilava is my favorite, followed closely by Grovyle, then Wartortle, with Monferno coming in last. For the most part, I tend to prefer either the base stage or the final stage. Even here, I still much prefer Typhlosion and Sceptile over their middle starters. But I prefer Wartortle and Monfero over Blastoise and Infernape.

Honorable mentions: Ivysaur, Croconaw, Grotle

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    My favorite middle stage starter is between Grovyle and Charmeleon. Tough to pick which!

Last edited:
    Back