• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite obscure Pokémon!

TimmyTom

TimmyTom
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    I really like wishiwashi and heliolisk. Design wise and stat wise too.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • My favorites are probably Dunsparce, Reuniclus and Dewgong. I haven't seen many people use them or talk about them so they might count as 'obscure'. :confused:
    I haven't actively used Dunsparce in battle yet but I've had both Reuniclus and Dewgong in my team; the former I named Damien and the latter is called Strider.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    One of my favorite Pokémon is Politoed! I used it all the time on my rain team in Generation V. Its design is so cool, even if it is not very good.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm also fond of Dunsparce, I've always thought it was cute.

I like really like Darumaka, but I guess it's not that obscure..?

Oh, Shellder! He's a fav, too, and most people forget it exists. When I think about it, some people probably think all of those are ugly, but I think they're adorable.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Not a bad list but some don't pass the muster due to the Anime. Firstly, Pachirisu is not an obscure Pokemon thanks to Dawn and what happened in 2014.... Skitty is also not obscure thanks to May(I attribute some of Beautifly's popularity to May as well, although its a solid Generation 3 Bug Type). Glameow, even though its stats aren't the best, is well known due to Zoey. It's also a stretch to call a Legendary(Articuno) an obscure Pokemon.

For me in regards to favorite "obscure" Pokemon, its Tauros. Generation 1 Normal Type that doesn't get the love it rightfully deserves.

Tauros is a gen 1 meta king though. Certainly more popular than Glameow.

Does Bidoof count as obscure? I have a soft spot for them lol.

Bidoof was a pretty popular meme and probably one of the more popular regional rodents.

Last edited:

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
  • Doing my Soul Silver Fire type only run, I have taken a small liking to Magcargo. I never really considered it before due to mediocre stats and low speed, despite liking its looks, but with it being the only other fire type than Cyndaquil before the 3rd gym, I grown to love it for what it is.

Most people forget Magcargo due to it only being available before the E4 via the Primo egg, which not many people use because Mareep and Wooper are easy to find. But yawn proved to be a handy utility early on, while having reasonable bulk once evolved when most other fire types are fast and frail, having recover, and amnesia as tools, it can tank even a water attack as well as my other pokemon. Also, rock STAB is pretty neato too, especially when the rest of my team is pure fire.

My original plan was to keep it on the team until I could get Houndour(My sixth Pokemon would have been Rapidash), but now it might stay on the team, or at least be regularly rotated in and out. It did fall behind a little around the 30's as a Slugma, but evolved it has become a pretty menacing (if slow moving) terror.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    Crobat. It?s may be based off of the dreaded Zubat line everyone hates to see playing through the games, but I really love his design.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Does Lilligant count as an 'obscure' Pokemon. She is mentioned here quite a bit but I think is not very popular overall.

Other obscure Pokemon I like include Mandibuzz and Vileplume.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Lanturn hype. Love it. Better than the stupid washing machine

Last edited:
    Back