• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Parts of SM!

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    I really liked how dark the game got. I really like how they didn't really try to sugarcoat the events that happened, and that there were repercussions for people's actions. my favorite thing happened near the end of the third island right before entering po town. When the one guy says
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I take back what I said earlier. I just got an Alolan Dugtrio. This is the best part of Sun/Moon. Hands down. No contest.

Smooth Vibes

...as you wish...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    I really like a lot of the human characters.... more so than previous gens. Also the quality of life changes feel soooo good. So. Good.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    There are way too many good points, but let's focus on the ones that appeal to me the most:

Great character development, compared to X and Y.
    Returning characters, even those almost no one remembers.
    No HMs.
    Alola Forms.
    Entirely new and interesting Pokémon.
    Dope music.
    Lots of differences from other games that make it more unique, like the Island Trials and Legendary Pokémon that evolve.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Lots of clothes. Ride pager convenience. And Professor Kukui... heeeey there, handsome. lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    I have quite a few.

1. I never thought I'd ever say this about a Pokemon game, but the story is honestly the best part for me. As much as I love Pokemon, the plot of the previous games never really stuck out to me. But Sun and Moon's story was honestly brilliant, in my opinion.

2. The characters. Especially Lillie. She was just so interesting and she, along with all the other characters, didn't feel like they were there just to be there like side characters in Pokemon games usually do. They all felt like they each had a different purpose and place in the story. Not to mention the character development was really great. This is the first time I've ever cared about the characters in a Pokemon game.
    Spoiler:

3. The reveal of Solgaleo/Lunala.
    Spoiler:

4. The removal of HMs. I'm honestly so glad they did this. HMs did nothing but take up space in a Pokemon's moveset, so it was really nice to not have to deal with that. Also, the way Machamp carries you is hilarious and I love it.

5. The removal of gyms. I love gyms and the old formula, but it would start to get stale if they continued with it, if it hadn't already. The island trials were a nice, refreshing, and needed change.

6. The upped difficulty. I didn't really mind the easiness of the Gen VI games, but winning all the difficult battles in this game just felt so satisfying to me.

7. Z-moves. They're just straight up rad.

8. The Rotom Dex. I thought the map was useful and I like its dialogue.

And finally:

9. Alolan Dugtrio. Be careful who you call ugly in middle school.

Last edited:

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Here are my pros
    Just like in gen 6 the music is great, so many great songs. I need to update my Ipod again.
    Trainer Customization, I am so glad this came back, so many cute outfits.
    Pokemon Refresh- I loved Pokemon Amie in gen 6, though I do miss the minigames.
    No HM's- I am surprised Game Freak did this, I did not think HM's were going anywhere. Now I don't need a cuter on my team.

Years
    One additional thing I'd like to add is that I really like the attention to detail that Game Freak put as far as alerting you to whether or not you'll face a trainer before you face them. It's a real timesaver whenever your team is a wreck and you're in a rush to get somewhere and you need to avoid some trainers and get to a Pokemon Center or something. @_@

I feel that was definitely an interesting addition to the games, and while it kinda freaked me out at times, there are also trainers that are throwing a Poke Ball up and down which also indicates if they want to challenge you. Sure, some of them are unavoidable but at least it's there.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Characters, difficulty, music, Pokémon designs, Alola.. all of these are just exceptionally good! I'm extremely happy with how Sun and Moon have turned out and I can safely say they're on level with fourth gen as my favourites in the franchise.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Ribombee. Very cute and very strong. A great Pokémon!

Poké Finder. I love taking pictures!

Increased difficulty. The increased difficulty makes battles more engaging. Some battles were a little too easy still, but overall the increased difficulty was definitely noticeable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    There's a lot but the music has consistently been amazing to me and exceeded my expectations after gen 6 (before later sm trailers) by miles.

Also I love Nebby with every fiber of my being.

Agreed, the music has been superb. I've found myself searching for some of the songs on youtube and listening to them while i'm not playing the game (especially the default battle theme).

Team Skull are just comical. I loved these guys right from the off but after seeing them in-game with their goofy dialogue and mannerisms, I think they'll go down as one of the most memorable villainous teams of them all.

Their walk animation is the best thing to ever happen in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Okay I just finished the main story and I have a lot of things I love about it, but since I'm lazy right now I think I'll say I really love how they balanced the game and the Exp. Share, with it on and using like 9 Pokemon, I found the game to be decently hard, losing to Kahuna 4 once, and to the Elite 4 flying member once, and the "Champ" around 3 times. Next run, I'm gonna go with no Exp. Share, it sounds fun and challenging! I'm really glad that this game is harder, trainers actually use more than 3 Pokemon now, the main villain also having a great team, and the Elite 4 have 5 Pokemon each now, I also love how Z-Moves are a common thing. Off to the Battle Tree now!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Expanding on my previous post to say how excellent the music is for these games. I'd posted before I had hit the major points in this game but wow, wow, wow! Between all the Aether themes (particularly Lusamine's second theme) and the Elite Four theme, seventh gen wins hands down for music right now.

Back