• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Music From Each Region?

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
    Years
    Hey, everyone! :D I have a question for you: if you could only pick one of your favorite songs from each Pokémon region in the main series of games, what would they be? This would be location music only, i.e. no battle music, encounter music, etc.

Here are just some of my own favorites:

1.) KANTO: Silph Company Theme. Probably one of the creepiest video game themes ever! It truly made me feel like the whole place was in peril when Team Rocket decided to take it over and put that much more pressure on me to rush to the top and save the day.

2.) JOHTO: Route 26/27. This song plays on the routes passing between the Johto and Kanto regions. It's so grand and epic that even in 8-bit, you start to become excited about the new adventures that await you in Kanto after defeating the Elite Four. :)

3.) HOENN: Mt. Pyre. Super mysterious. There's something unnerving about this place...something potentially dangerous. That's what I liked about it.

4.) SINNOH: Old Chateau. I think I just have a thing for creepy music now... XD;

Feel free to list your favorites! I also encourage you to explain your attachment to the pieces if you want to. ;)

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Kanto: route 5, trainer battle, champion theme, FR/LG ending :]
    Johto: trainer battle, rival battle, team rocket battle, gym leader battle, gym theme, lake of rage, surf, route 26, and the ending :]
    Hoenn: wild battle, littleroot, oldale, petalburg, slateport, fallarbor, gym leader battle, aqua/magma battle, A/M leader battle, E4 battle, champion battle, victory road, evergrande, mt chimney, surf theme, route 110 (most fav.), battle tower, frontier brain theme, ending :D :D
    Sinnoh: route 201, route 212, mt coronet, galatic admin battle, sunnyshore, snowpoint, pastoria, battle hall, and the frontier brain battle :]

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
    Kanto:
    Professor Oak's Laboratory, Vermilion City

Johto:
    Lance Battle

Hoenn:
    Sootopolis City

Sinnoh:
    The song that plays during the cutscene that starts when you enter cynthia's room, as well as the song that plays while you battle her (as well as the tower tycoon), Game Corner, Veilstone City, and routes 206, 225 and 228.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    R/B: I would say Lavender Town, so sad and creepy but so great. And the champion theme at the beggining is amazing

GSC: Dark Cave/Ice Cave/Slopokes Well music is amazing.

RSE: All of it was meh

FR/LF: Hated all of the remixed music

D/P/Pt: Only liked Orreburgh theme

HG/SS: I hated the remixed music even worse than I hated the FR/LG music

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Kanto - Cerulean City Theme (Just for the nostalgia it brings)
    Johto - Olivine/Violet City Theme (Probably my favorite track from all pokemon games)
    Hoenn - Sootopolis City Theme (Catchy tune, really)
    Sinnoh - I honestly don't have one. I don't remember one track sticking out.

Last edited:

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Kanto: Vs. Champion Green (FR/LG), Vs. Gym Leader (HG/SS), Mt. Moon (HG/SS)
    Johto: New Bark Town (G/S/C), Rival Silver Encounter (G/S/C), Vs. Champion Lance/Vs. Trainer Red (HG/SS)
    Hoenn: Vs. Champion Steven/Vs. Champion Wallace (R/S/E), Vs. Frontier Brain (E), Route 101 (R/S/E)
    Sinnoh: Mt. Coronet Summit (D/P/Pt), Northpoint Island (my name for the League; D/P/Pt), Solaceon Town (D/P/Pt)

Ayselipera

I can barely remember any of the music, but I'll try my best!

Kanto: Lavendar Town - I can't explain to you how much I love the music there.

Johto: Magnet Train - the music might of only lasted 5 seconds or so, but it was memorable enough.

Hoenn: Lilycove - I can't even remember the music there I just know I like it.

Sinnoh: Snowpoint City/Canalave City - It's just relaxing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Kanto: Trainer battle
    Jōto: Dragon's Den / Lighthouse / Ice Path - just too many good tunes
    Hōen: Wild battle
    Nanashima/Sevii: Nanashima
    Shinō: N/A — not played

Last edited:
    Years
    Kanto: I probably liked the Champion battle the most, as most of the other songs aren't all that memorable.

Johto: Seconding the Kanto/Johto Connection Routes. Epicness abound.

Hoenn: The Slateport Museum theme. It's a lax remix of the S.S. Anne, and really puts me at ease.

Sinnoh: Frontier Brain battle. It's just plain awesome.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    All the rocket hideouts/other criminal orginazation hideouts have cool music. I tend not to listen to the game music as i usually have my mp3 player and/or tv going.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    No battle themes? All right. I don't know if I can only pick one, though.

Kanto:
    SS Anne - It's so peaceful, and I imagined myself on the ship when I was little. I love cruises and being out in the water so much.
    (Honorable mention goes to the Lavender Town music. It's so spooky, and it really set the atmosphere. It's one of those themes that's always stuck with me.)

Johto:
    All of it.
    (In all honesty, I really can't choose. The Dance Theater, the National Park, pretty much all of it. Silver was my first Pokemon game, and my second video game, so I'm pretty attached to it. If I had to choose one that made an impact on me, it was probably the Tin Tower music. I'm not sure why.)

Hoenn:
    The Route 119 and 120 themes (can't choose between them) - They're just epic. The rain just added to the effect. I loved Route 120 in general.
    (Other than that, the only other music that stuck with me was the Elite Four and Champion themes, and that little tune that is played right before the Champion battle. Oh, and the Verdanturf theme.)

Sinnoh:
    Oreburgh City - I'm not that familiar with music from D/P/Pt, and none of it really made me stop and listen. I guess I like this tune because it's catchy, and it reminds me of one of my other favorite games.

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    Thax you guys now the tuns are stuck in my head again dadadadadadadaaadadadadada....0o my head

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    1. Kanto : Celadon City, Cinnabar Island, Cerulean City... argh, so many! XD
    2. Johto : Ecruteak City, Violet/Olivine City
    3. Hoenn : idk... maybe Fortree. It sounds so jungle-ish and unique.
    4. Sinnoh : Sunyshore City. Hands down!

Wobbubobafett

my backpacks got jets
    Years
    rocket basement theme, the one that plays under the game corner in pokemon red and blue. I'm not sure how the remakes sounded, maybe best 8-bit song i ever heard

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Gen. 1; Wild battle theme, trainer battle theme, Lavender Town

Gen. 2; Rival battle theme, trainer battle theme, wild battle theme, gym battle theme, Beast battle theme

Gen. 3; Regi battle theme, Deoxys battle theme

Gen. 4; Dialga/Palkia battle theme, Giratina battle theme, Arceus battle theme, champion battle theme

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I'll list the top three from each region, the first being the best, and decreasing from there.

RBYG Fr/Lg: Surfing music, Normal Battle, Cinnabar theme. I wasn't too excited by the music.

GSC, HGSS: Route 26/27, Rival Battle Theme, Route 34-37. This game had amazing music.

RSE: Legendary battle theme, Normal Battle, Champion Battle. This music was only decent, nothing special.

DPPt: Route 216 (best theme evar!), Dialga/Palkia Battle (not the Brawl remix, though), Platinum's Giratina Battle theme.

Others:

I love Pokemon Stadium's Pika Cup Battle theme round 1-3 and Prime Cup battle theme rounds 1-3. Best Pokemon music made yet, imo.

XD: GoD's Cipher Peon battle, Cipher Admin Battles, and SIM battle themes were great, too.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Kanto: Cycling Road, when entered. So basically the bike theme, but location themes only ^_^

Johto: Game Corner. I love this one, best of all these.

Hoenn: Only played through Ruby once, so no memories here...

Sinnoh: I guess it's the Game Corner here too. Or maybe the route above Fight Area. ...Or Battle Arcade/Factory. (Oh and Cynthia's room. But that is probably counted as encounter theme.)

Sevii Islands: Four (and Five?) Island theme. (Remix of ...Violet City IIRC.)

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Kanto: Definately the champion battle. But the gym battle theme is amazing as well.

Johto HGSS: The Team Rocket battle theme is so EFFING WIN in HGSS I nearly fainted when I heard it the first time.. lol

Hoenn: The Archie/Maxie battle theme =). The gym battle theme is also awesome. R/S/E had LOADS of great music.

Sinnoh: This is a hard one.. I thought most of the Sinnoh music was pretty lame lol.
    I'll have to say the Champion battle theme again. And the lake trio battle theme. Those themes were pretty good.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Kanto: Lavender Town, Gym battle Theme

Johto: Cherrygrove City/Mahogany Town

Hoenn: Sootopolis City, Gym battle, Champion battle, heavy rain theme, some of the battle frontier facilities.

Sinnoh: Mt Coronet, Eterna City/Celestic Town (night), lake caverns, Dialga/Palkia theme, Route 217, Cyrus battle theme, Disortion world, game corner. Basically I like D/P/Pt music the most.

Back