• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pok?mon Movie

What is your favorite Pok?mon Movie?

• Total voters

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
Years
  • Masato-kun said:
    What is your favorite Pok?mon Movie? Put together your reasons as well, and post them!

By the way, I gave the first 3 movies their proper names, and left the last 3 with placeholder numbers (1 reason is that the Miramax names are actually bad names, 2 because this poll is more biased towards the Japanese).

Most people here havn't seen the Japanese versions, where as I have not seen the English ones. x.x() If it's biased toward the Japanese versions, why not use the Japanese names? =3

Anyway... 'Maboroshi no Pokemon Rugia Bakutan'! Why? It has Kenji in it. x.x Poof. I also like 'Nana Yo no Negai Boshi' despite how boring it is. x.x

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
  • Pokemon, Spell of the Unown, a better name than the Japanese one, and the best Pokemon movie I have ever seen in my life...

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • Masato-kun said:
    I like Nana Yo no Negai Boshi too, but does the entire movie have an actual name? Like how Pikachu & Pichu+Spell of the Unown had the movie name Pok?mon 3: The Movie?

S'pose you could just call it 'Pokemon 6' if ya wanted. n.n()

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • I've chosen Pokemon 6 as my favorite number 1. Despite it looks a lot like Pokemon 4, I like it alot. Pokemon 3 is very good too it is also my number one, but the poll only allow you to choose one n.n. Pokemon 5, 1 and 2 are my number 2. And the 3th place is Pokemon 4.
    Myuutsuu no Gyakushuu is completely different compaired to Mewtwo Strikes Back. The whole script is rewritten from begin to end. I couldn't even believe it when I saw a the subbed version. From all the movies the best dubbed one is Pokemon 3 imo. I really wish that 4Kids did a better job in dubbing the movie.
    It seems that Pok?mon 7 has a lot of action like the first one, I'm looking forward to see it.

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Revelation Lugia has been and will always be my favorite movie(until something better comes around).

The music, the story, Lugia, the 3 legendary birds, 8 Raichus spotted :cool:

The rest of my favs go in this order:

Movie 5
    Movie 1
    Movie 4
    Movie 6
    Movie 3

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • My favourite one was Pokemon 2000 I really enjoyed that with the four legendaries the most, but I also liked 3.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I liked the first the most, probably because I was so little when I saw it and I could point out all the inaccuracies compared to the actual games to everyone in the theater. Oh wait, I still do?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • My favorite one was 5. The main reason is because Latios is in it. Other than that, it's still a good movie. I liked all the movies though. I would put them in this order from best to worst(or least best): 5, 2, 3, 1, 4

Years
  • One reason I liked Pok?mon the movie 2000 was that of the 'titans' I found it appealing that all three birds were trying to take each other down. Unfortunately, plotwise, it was kinda corny. So far, i've only watched the first three, so I can't say which has the best plot. The first movie I liked because it was the first pok?mon movie (duh!) but it lacked any serious battle scenes. And Pok?mon 3, well, the only thing i liked about it was the short Pikachu and Pichu. sry if I offended anyone.

Oh yeah, I love number 2 as Misty played quite a huge role throughout the movie. I mean, Ash gets too much attention in numbers 1 and 3.

(wonder if Misty performed CPR on Ash when he fell from the sky... She did remark "Come on Ash, breathe!"...)

Wait... Max takes over the role of 'Pull Brock's Ear if flirting with Girls'?!?! FINALLY!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2004
    My favourite movie is definatley Pokemon 2000... I absolutely loved it! To me it seemed to have the best plot, it's kind of belivable the three legendary bird Pokemon trying to bring each other down... I also love the shippy moments between Ash and Misty ^^ the only porblem with the movie is that it had Melody... I do not like Melody...

Otherwise it would be Pokemon the first Movie, it has Mew and Mew is oh so cute! ^^ I like the shippy things there too, and of corse it's the first movie! I always love the first movies! It had cute Pokemon and I can really understand what Mewtwo was getting at, you'd be a bit like that if your only real purpose was to be an experiment and battle for Giovanni... Anyway, I loved it :)

I think all the other movies (I have only seen the first 4) seemed kind of boring... Pokemon 3 was ok but not as good as it probably could have been... And I don't like the fact that Chikorita lost in the first battle... :(

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    My favorite movie is mizu no miyako no mamorigami, but nanayo no negaiboshi comes really close.......i also love lugia bakudan...

mizu no miyako no mamorigami is my favorite because it has the best music and best new characters. I am a big fan of latios and latias. Satoshi is soooo cute in this movie its unbelievable. He's really brave and benevolent as well. I'm a Satoshi-oholic so I love this movie because he is really dynamic in it.

I also love his relationship with Latias because I've always wanted to have a good friend like her. Plus Latias is one of my favorite monsters.

The new version of Mezase pokemon master is really wonderful...its beyond wonderful...its so great! I love the ending song too! I sing that to myself all the time XD

In general animation from Japan usually sucks major,,,but this movie is very different. Computer animation was used very effectively and using the people and animals in the movie as props was a really interesting way of animating that is not seen too often in America or Canada...the 'cel' animation was very similar to actual cel animation so I was impressed.

The race scene is really astounding. I can't say anymore about it, its just breathtakingly GOOD.

The story and plot are also really good. This movie is touching, dramatic, funny, cute, intelligent, exciting, powerful.........it has a little bit of every element in it. The scene when Latios sacrifices himself always makes me cry!

I watch this movie a lot! Like several times a week! It is so good! XD

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    Your right, there is copious cgi in the 5th movie, but also in the 4th movie as well.

There is a lot in the sixth movie as well, but the big thing about that movie is that it is completely animated without cels and it really shows! i'm a cel animator so i'm obsessed with classical animation but I like this movie anyway and it really is apiece of work.

However in the 6th movie (nanayo no negaiboshi) there is nto a lot of computer generated special effects like the water in the 5th movie or the golem serebii in the 4th...

It's really interesting to go back to the 2nd mobie (lugia bomb) and look at the way the water is animated.........and then watch the 5th movie and see the water there. O_O

I'm not sure about the dub movies or episode because I've never really seen em much, but i wouldnt put it past them to eff up the animation someway or another ;P

(BTW your icon is SOOO cute! i love when he does that XDDDDDD;;;)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    Jirachi said:
    Pokemon, Spell of the Unown, a better name than the Japanese one, and the best Pokemon movie I have ever seen in my life...

What do you mean, a better name than the Japanese one? Are you talking about Kesshoutou no Teiou? confused.....

if you are talkign about KnT...you are lucky! I missed this movie and am very sad :( but hopefull I will get it soon because I'm dying to see it....I remember when the previews came out for it in Japan and i was shown them, and I was very excited. :D

Years
  • My favorites would be tied between Pokemon the Movie 2000, Pokemon Heroes, and Pokemon 4Ever. o.o I voted for 2K, though because I've always loved it..

Whenever I stay up all night watching Signs or something I get freaked out, so directly afterwards before I go to sleep I'll watch Pokemon 2K. n_n

But altogether, I like Pokemon 2K, 4, and 5 because of their key concepts and how much nature and "spiritual" stuff is involved.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • I like Pokemon 4evers!
    lol
    Its cool, its a bit sad at the end and the Celebi part is GOOD> 2nd place would be the first movvie and 3rd place 5th movie.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I liked best the first movie. Usually by the second, and third movie, the producers stop trying, and then make the worst plots --;;;

*dies*

Back