• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Card?

Years
I've actually got two answers.

The first is a Japanese Butterfree from the Jungle set. Butterfree's always been my favorite Pokemon, and I was desperate to have a Butterfree card, but the Jungle set hadn't been released internationally, and Butterfree wasn't included in the Base Set. My cousin actually ordered one for me, and to this day I still have it tucked away in a binder with the rest of my early set holo cards.

The other one was the original Gardevoir ex card from the ex Sandstorm set. It was the ace in my deck for the longest time, and was pretty OP for the time (attack damage equalling either the number of cards in the opponent's hand, or the number of energy cards in play). I won many a battle with it, and it was probably the last time I was truly into the TCG outside of collecting.

That Gardevoir is an amazing card.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Oct 18, 2020
My favorite Poke'mon card is Incineroar.

ALso my favorite Poke'mon is mega venusaur ex!

I have lot of favorite Poke'mon cards . mega venusaur ex from Xy evolutions pack, incineroar from shinning legends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 19, 2021
It was 2008 and I was probably 7 years old. I was in the car with my family, driving up from Florida to the Northeast. We couldn't find any McDonalds to stop at for food and bathrooms, so we stopped at Burger King. By coincidence they were having a promotion for Pokémon and were giving out cards with the kid's meals. I got the Lucario card in mine, and I thought it was so cool. I treasured it and kept it in my pocket for the rest of the ride. However, upon returning home, my brother and I went over to our neighbor's house and discovered he also liked Pokémon cards. He had a huge stack of them, and I was so impressed. He asked if I wanted to trade my Lucario in return for whatever cards I wanted from a smaller pile he had set aside. I accepted and he took my card, and I took a bunch from his selected pile. Only later did I realize he took my awesome card and gave me a bunch of common duplicates in return. Every time I think of that neighbor, I get mad because he duped me big time. So, I no longer own my Lucario, but it will always be in my heart and forever my favorite card. (I have other lucarios but… they're just not the same) Attached is a pic I found online of the card I was bamboozled into trading for crap cards. It was shiny and everything. I'm still mad and it's been over ten years (lol), but I'll always be grateful to my Lucario card.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
It was 2008 and I was probably 7 years old. I was in the car with my family, driving up from Florida to the Northeast. We couldn't find any McDonalds to stop at for food and bathrooms, so we stopped at Burger King. By coincidence they were having a promotion for Pokémon and were giving out cards with the kid's meals. I got the Lucario card in mine, and I thought it was so cool. I treasured it and kept it in my pocket for the rest of the ride. However, upon returning home, my brother and I went over to our neighbor's house and discovered he also liked Pokémon cards. He had a huge stack of them, and I was so impressed. He asked if I wanted to trade my Lucario in return for whatever cards I wanted from a smaller pile he had set aside. I accepted and he took my card, and I took a bunch from his selected pile. Only later did I realize he took my awesome card and gave me a bunch of common duplicates in return. Every time I think of that neighbor, I get mad because he duped me big time. So, I no longer own my Lucario, but it will always be in my heart and forever my favorite card. (I have other lucarios but… they're just not the same) Attached is a pic I found online of the card I was bamboozled into trading for crap cards. It was shiny and everything. I'm still mad and it's been over ten years (lol), but I'll always be grateful to my Lucario card.

Aw man, there's always someone out to spoil the fun for people. ;( Have you considered buying a new one?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
Right now It's between these three: (Recently bought these as well)

dark-slowbro-legendary-collection-lc-8.jpg
venusaur-wizards-black-star-promos-13.jpg
tyranitar-neo-discovery-12.jpg

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Double post but it's just so I don't double notif Sandman. Here's a few other favorites of mine! So,e are repeats from previous posts cause I was too lazy to find a pic lol.

Tried to keep Fairies / Sylveons to a minimum haha.
Spoiler:

.....I could go on but let's not for now lol.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Recently put together this collage of what might be my top 50 60 favorite cards from my collection (counting Ho-Oh LEGEND as one card):

1Hwifbl.jpg

Some for nostalgic/sentimental value, some for art, and some for rarity. Not really sure about the order past the first four.

This is excluding the bootleg sticker cards I adore so much.

EDIT: Looked through my cards more thoroughly and decided to make it a top 60.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
Double post but it's just so I don't double notif Sandman. Here's a few other favorites of mine! So,e are repeats from previous posts cause I was too lazy to find a pic lol.

Tried to keep Fairies / Sylveons to a minimum haha.
Spoiler:

.....I could go on but let's not for now lol.

I love those! Especially the Gym Challenge/ Heroes set! I bought an 1st edition sealed booster pack a month a go.
The last card, Rainbow Alcremie I just pulled last week.
Haven't seen that Gliscor one! Might add it to my wanted list!

Back