• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Gender?

Prefered Pokemon gender

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    Well, seeing as it doesn't really affect their abilities, I don't care, but if I can I always catch female pokemon. I get a little freaked out when I look at one of those Pokemon with no gender, because I think it's a glitch, until I remember that there are pokemon with no gender. They make me feel very stupid, so they're my least favorite kind.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Female, only female, I hate Male Pokemon, not Nidoking though, I wish Nidoking was female though -.-, I'm so sexist to the male Pokemon.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    I like them female if they are rare pokemon, like Eevee so they can be breeded into themselves. Other normal pokemon i like them my own gender, male?

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I'm so sexist, I actually HATE Male Pokémon! All my Pokémon HAVE to be female, if they can't be I normally don't catch them.. And I sometimes catch a male for breeding and then release him once he has done his work.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Male. Because of breeding down Egg Moves. I have Ditto, so having the female doesnt matter.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Mainly female since all of my Pokemon are usually more feminine looking.

Years
    Yeah, I always prefer female Pokemon. I'm not that fussed but I try to have a couple of female Pokemon on my team. I normally don't really look at the gender since I catch a Ditto, but most of my main Pokemon that I use are female, even though I don't realise until late on in the game.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    female if its a pokemon i want more of, then i can breed it

Lil Pika

Charmander Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Since males are easier to come by, female because I can use attract.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It really depends on the Pokemon for me. Some Pokemon I would much rather have a Male one, while others I would rather have a Female one. It also depends on what I'm going to Breed, and what I want the outcome to be (I don't breed too often, but every now and then I do).

Back