• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Theme song/op?

semi

the magnificent steiner
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I loved the fourth, which was a sort of remix to the first, but I've grown to love the final Unova theme song (season 16) and often find myself humming Advance Challenge (season 7) while I do schoolwork.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'm not sure I can just pick one, several of them are just so good. The ones that come straight to mind are of course the original theme as well as seasons 11-12, We will be Heroes and Battle Cry - Stand Up and lastly, Stand Tall (season 19) have really stuck out for me.

Of those four, Battle Cry - Stand Up, is my favorite I'd say.

pkmin3033

Agh, I can't pick just one. I've always been extremely fond of the Johto Journeys opening, but that's mostly nostalgia-related...and because I frequently find myself humming it under my breath when I take a shower.

I loved the movie version of We Will Be Heroes they used in The Rise of Darkrai. It's one of those rare songs that sounds better with a male vocalist, in my opinion. That's the one I probably sing the most. But I loved Battle Cry as well. The short version of the first Black & White opening song is quite nice, too...in contrast to the show, which was awful.

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
    Years
  • I love all the XY(&Z) Openings and Mezase Pokémon master (OP 1). That one is just classic.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • My favourite English openings are the Pokemon Theme (both original and XY), Born to Be a Winner, This Dream and every DP opening except the first one.

My favourite Japanese openings are OK!, Ready Go, Challenger, Together, The Greatest Everyday, Summery Slope, Mad Paced Getter and XY&Z.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Call me strange but out of the English openings I'm very done of BW's first opening. Not my favorite, but I really liked singing along to it. Born to be a Winner though would have to be my favorite english theme altogether. DP's first theme is the only one that I actually dislike. The others I'm either neutral or like in the end but you don't find my disliking a lot of stuff, really.

Japanese though any that Rica sang would be my favorites I won't deny that. ♥♥

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think I have quite a handful of favorite Opening Themes, mostly on Japanese ones.

As for English theme, personally I like the original Pokémon Theme (including the remake on Born To Be A Winner, and also the reprise in Pokémon XY), Pokémon World, Pokémon Johto, I Wanna Be A Hero, and We Will Be Heroes.

As for Japanese theme, I have many faves like Mezase Pokémon Master (including Whiteberry version as well), Rival, OK!, Ready Go!, Advanced Adventure, Pokémon Symphonic Medley, High Touch! 2009, Summerly Slope, and lately I'm digging into XY&Z as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I must admit I don't have much love for English Openings, most of them were your average cartoon songs and some even way bellow average (second, tenth and all dubbed Kalos Openings). However, there are three which stand for me. The first is classic, though thinking about it now, it was just that, classic I've heard in fall 2000 every Saturday and Sunday morning (until they replaced it with Czech version, which wasn't all that good IMO, but hearing some other language versions of the song, we still got it quite well). The third was IMO the best dub opening and the only one who felt like I am watching Anime, not American cartoon. And then there's eleventh, which was really great song and, correct me if I am wrong, first dub opening sung by woman. After first two PUSA (now TPCI) openings, which were nothing but disappointment (especially the tenth song, which is IMO the worst Pokémon opening), this was really great refreshment.

For Japanese songs, this will be harder, since I love all of them (though I could live without all those Mezase remixes), but I'll probably go with first Mezase, OK!, Advanced Adventure and Getta Ban Ban as my most favourite, but don't want me to choose the best from them, as I wouldn't be able to do so.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • All of the Johto and Hoenn English themes are extremely close for me. I love all of them with Sinnoh League Victores coming after.

As for Jap Openings, I really love XYZ opening and Getta Ban Ban.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • English.. Probably Master Quest or Pokemon Advanced's first theme.

For the Japanese, I like Iku Z for XY&Z. Before that came out, I liked.. I think it was called Rivals, for the Orange Islands series, and Spurt! for Pokemon AG.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • I like unbeatable, as well as the original theme. Unbeatable probably because of the 8th movie.

Back