• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Tracks of B/W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • I love Route 10's music. Sounds so nostalgic for some reason.

I think my favorite track is the Elite Four theme, though. Appropriately awesome.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I mainly listened to the battle music, not the route/city music, but the ones that I like the most are the legendary battle theme (Cobalon, Terrakion, Virizion, Victini), the Elite 4 theme and the regular trainer theme. I like the rival theme as well, but it's just too upbeat to be a rival battle, IMO. I don't like Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem's theme that much, to be honest.

Bobby Emerald

A voice of reason.
    Years
  • I haven't listened to many of the tracks yet, but from what I've played I like what I'm hearing so far.

...It'd be awesome if someone could list the tracks in the order that you hear them.

The Red Chain

My absolute favorite track has got to be either this masterpiece or this masterpiece.

If you listen closely, that last one has 10 different songs from the old games thrown into one large tune! <33
    Absolutely amazing stuff, gahhh nostalgia. >///<

I love how they converted the low hp beeping into a tune as well, and the legendary battle music is amazing as well.
    All of the songs in B&W get me pumped every time I hear them! Good stuff! <33

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • When I played through the game, I enjoyed all the music themes in the game.
    But I love the Gym Leader, Intro, Wild battle and legendary battle themes.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Pokémon Black & White has the best set of music out of all the Generations. I have so many I can't decide which one is my favourite, I like the Gym Music, Route 3, Opening Music, alot of the Citys, alot of the Routes, I haven't heard the Elite Four music but I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing it and others that I haven't heard, I'm so excited for Pokémon Black & Pokémon White, and theres rumors that North American release date is 17th April 2011.

Hyperion09

fancy pretentious words
    Years
  • I'm going to go unorthodox and say that I plain don't like "A Victory In One's Eyes" (aka Gym Leader's last Pokémon); it forces me out of the rather addicting Gym Leader battle theme =/ and only gives me an excuse to beat down the foe quicker.

I feel one of the most underrated songs in the game is "Embracing the Mission" (aka N's Castle ~ Bridge), probably because it plays in such a short area, therefore you don't hear all of it unless you linger about for a while.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012

My favorite song of them all is the Game Sync theme. I can just imagine it now, me trying to sync up two games and taking FOREVER to do so because I'm so mesmerized by the theme.

I also like all of N's music, Undersea Ruins, PokeShifter: Choose Your Pokemon! ( it's delicious 8-bit ), the theme for Genesect ( DEEEEENNNNIIS ), and the theme for the Spiral Tower.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I have not heard the route/city music yet but the rival theme music i have and so far i like it the best out of what ive heard.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • I should mention that while I like the Low HP theme, it just feels out of place when it plays during a Gym Leader, Elite Four, etc. battle. It kills the (for a lack of a better word..) epic atmosphere; it should only play during regular trainer battles.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Route 10 kicks some serious butt! Too bad that this is the only route that plays this, and its the last route before you go to victory road. I am also loving N's castle bridge music, it reminds me of sonic in a way. And the elite 4 music. Must I say why? Listen to it and you will know why xD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I absolutely love the music. I'm listening to the soundtrack now and am just in awe. They've managed to take old, nostalgic themes from generations passed, change it up a bit, but still keep the nostalgic feel about the track in the sounds! The new music altogether just goes to show how much darker these games are, as well. The Day I Became King specifically.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I can't get enough of the soundtrack, I've listened to a couple of tracks and I simply love them. Some of my favorites would be N's battle theme, Route 10, and the Gym Leader tracks. The sort of dramatic effect when you get down to a Gym Leader's last Pokémon is also really cool, and it kind of adds excitement towards the end.

I also agree with Hiroshi though. Route 10 probably lose some hype over hearing the track if it was put in more places too, and because it's the last route there has to be some kind of dramatic music put in to have of the feeling effect for it.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Wouldn't that be the exact reason that it's used only in Route 10? If it were used in other routes, then the feeling behind the music choice would be ruined.
    Agreed.

Most tracks I've heard have been absolutely fantastic, and that makes it even more difficult to choose an absolute favourite.
    Right now it's gotta be the bicycle track though :3

I've noticed I like the tracks in Black more than those in White, too.
    Oh, me and my personal preferences.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Sadly, only with an Action Replay code. I'll have to record a video and show you. I hate it myself, but it's the only way to do it. ;_; I'd like to have White City in some place in the game meself. Oh, has anyone found the hidden Team Rocket theme in the game?

After you beat the game, talking to someone in a building in Hiun City (I don't remember which building, sorry) activates the Rocket theme.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back