• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Anime Quotes!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
  • As the title says what are some of your favourite quotes from anime?

Personally Claire Stanfield from Baccano! has some fantastic quotes.

"All I have to do is think something, and it becomes true." After he pulls a gun from seemingly no where.

"So now I that have the full picture. I know exactly what you're going to do for me. You're going to throw yourself off this train, without my help." Telling Ladd how he's going to die.

So what's your favourite anime quote(s)??

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this has been said yet, but...

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange." - Alphonse Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

Years
  • This is never shown in the anime as far as I know, since it's from a spin-off chapter of Bleach. I don't know if it was ever made into an omake or something, but it's the quote from the chapter Blooming Under a Cold Moon:

We are all like fireworks

We climb, shine and always

go our separate ways and become further apart

Then even if that time comes

Let's not disappear like a firework

And continue to shine

Forever

I just... love it :3

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this has been said yet, but...

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange." - Alphonse Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

i liked this bc i watch FMA all the time and i love saying this even if people r staring at me like WTF XD

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    "Besides, I like to mess with your needlework." - France; Hetalia

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2016
    Sakura's invincible spell, "Everything will surely be all right." "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
    From Cardcaptor Sakura.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2012
    "what a drag" ~Shikamaru Nara From Naruto

"I'd rather be watching the clouds." ~Shikamaru Nara

"You're such a pain." ~Shikamaru Nara

"BELIEVE IT!" ~Naruto Uzumaki From Naruto

"I'M NOT LITTLE!" ~Edward Elric From Fullmetal Alchemist

"Stand up and walk. Move forward" ~Edward Elric

"OH MAN OH MAN I LOST MY PHONE! MOM'S GONNA KILL M- oh.... it was in my freaking hand the whole time! *facepalm*" ~myself

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • Inuyasha, may I ask you a single question? Inuyasha, will you let me stay?

Kagome- Inuyasha

I welcome death. I yearn for it. I dream of it every night. Am I never to feel it's cold, dark embrace?

Happiness Bunny- Shin Chan

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    The way Lelouch from Code Geass says

"I command you" when using his Geass. It's awesome!! I'd have to look up something that he said once that really is awesome. I'll get back to that later xD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    "I'm different from you. I don't dream about things that won't come true."
    - Tsuruko, from Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

Tsuruko's character and circumstances were essentially exactly the same as mine when I first watched the series, so when Tsuruko voiced this fact about herself I was really affected by how much I related to it.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
  • One quote I'll NEVER EVER forget, is in the dub of Excel Saga, the first Episode "Koshi Rikido Assassination Plot.
    Angel Excel kicks Evil Excel, and says "The bullet of justice caps evils @**......REMEMBER THAT!""
    I laughed so hard...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan of when shows wax lyrically about philosophy off the cuff, but Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop came up with a few zingers:

"The past is the past and the future is the future. A man is a man and a woman is a woman. The present is the present. I am who I am and you are who you are. That's all there is to it. Does it really matter? Or do we just think it does?"

"You know the first rule of combat? Shoot them before they shoot you."

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • from the English dub of Digimon Adventure, episode 53.

Apocalymon: Do you think it's fair that I have to live with all this agony?! Why should you get to laugh, while I am forced to cry?! Why do you get to taste the best that life has to offer, while all I can do is choke on its leftovers?! Answer me this! WHY DO ALL OF YOU GET THE PIZZA, WHILE I GET THE CRUSTS?!?!
    Mimi: Ahh, I can't take all these metaphors!
    Izzy: Boy, this guy really holds a grudge.
    Apocalymon: I will rule the world and plunge it into darkness, so that I don't have to be alone anymore in my misery! [laughs madly] Wait a minute, what am I laughing at? I'm supposed to be depressed!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    "Love is like a firework from the past… it's more beautiful for it to go to pieces and scatter far off." - Shima (Clannad ~After Story~)

The things I had to tell her... and the things I hoped she would listen to. There were so many of them. - Tono Tamaki (5cmps)

Do you know? The speed at which cherry blossoms fall… 5 centimeters per second. At what speed must I live... to be able to see you again? Tono Tamaki (5cmps)

I believe there are many things in this world that people haven't seen yet. No... if you really want to see something, there's nothing you can't see. You can't see it because you're closing your eyes on purpose. Because if you use your eyes to see it, it'll be painful, and sad. That's why they're closed in the first place. I think photography is like borrowing someone else's eyes. So even if your eyes are closed... you can borrow someone else's. ~Maria Oosawa (Canaan)

There was a woman, first time I'd found someone who was truly alive. At least, that's what I thought. She was... the part of me I'd lost somewhere along the way, the part that was missing, that I'd been longing for. - Spike (CBB)

If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death.
    -Kusanagi Motoko (Ghost in the Shell)

You can't have true happiness unless you show your true feelings.
    -Otoha (H2O Footprints in the Sand)

Hearts and dreams that pass each other, but are oblivious to one another.
    (Ichigo 100%)

and many more...

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    This is just one of my favorite.

Death the Kid from Soul Eater

I do not deny evil, nor do I believe that any human is completely free of malice. Everything must be in balance. As long as evil and good maintain an equilibrium in this world, there is no problem. Perfect balance is the key to everything.

Back