• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite FF FMV/CG Animation

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
    Random topic I pulled out when I was watching the FFVIII Libari Fatali (or somewhat) Clip.
    if you dont know what FMV or CG is you can easily take out your frequently played FF game and watch the intro... Or in n00bie words; the part of the game where the graphics are SO GOOD XD.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I don't remember enough of them to answer properly. T-T
    I liked the one in X-2 where they completely disregard the story and make a bunch of unanswered questions…

Oh wait, that was the whole game, my bad. X had the prettiest ones that blended with the cutscenes best, but none really stand out.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    the Red carpet scene in X or whatever it was..... (the one when Yuna is gonna get Married with Seymour)

EDIT: I just noticed this being my 1000th post!!!!

Last edited:

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    In FFIX when Black Waltz III attacks the cargo ship. Easily my favourite FMV of the entire series.

aaaaaa

Xenosaga Episode I's ending is by far the most gorgeous piece of CG ever, in my opinion. The animation, the beautiful music and the emotional attachment though, that's what makes it pwn as the best cutscene.

aaaaaa

Wow, thank you for informing me of that, I didn't realise!
    Surely the first line of my post was clear enough to indicate that WOW, I already KNEW that fact.
    But I still think XS is better, so get over it :P

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I think FFVII where the Weapons first come out. Nowadays, it isn't that impressive, but back in the day I had a save data right at that point, so I could just run up and see the scene any time I wanted to. And I did, at great length...

I remember seeing that scene for the first time and thinking, 'and we're supposed to kill them HOW??'!!

Years
    Hm, of course the beginning and ending sequences of FFVIII were awe-inspiring. Same with Black Waltz 3 attacking the Cargo Ship in FFIX. And last but not least, the ending scene of FFX was simply beautiful, and was tear jerking. So was the normal ending of FF X-2.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    *Wonders why the heck does Sawah tell Soph not to go off topic in another thread when Soph was on topic, then Sawah goes off talking about Xenosaga, in a Final Fantasy!!! thread* -_-;;

Anyway, like Jade I like the ending ending scene in Final Fantasy X the best. It's sad and has a great song and all. It has to by my fav out of the FF games I have played.

aaaaaa

Actually, given this thread is about FMV's Andy, I was far more on-topic than your immature little outburst there.
    Stay on topic please, kthx.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    a1337a said:
    Actually, given this thread is about FMV's Andy, I was far more on-topic than your immature little outburst there.
    Well Sawah FF = Final Fantasy. Read the thread title and it says "Favourite FF FMV/CG Animation". Or do I have to get the thread starter to say this thread is about FF.

aaaaaa

My reply, in humour suggests that I didn't really aprpeciate any of them (hence,you're so uncultured), but I did however find XYZ game to be of my standards.
    This is a perfectly acceptable response.
    "Whats your favoruite car?"
    "Well, I don't really have a favourite car, but I -do- like this motorbike, for these reasons"
    It's still on topic, see?
    Now read my post and you'll see that it's pretty much the same thing.
    Goes to show if you use your head, you can save some embarrasment.
    ^_^

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    a1337a said:
    Actually you were talking about random other games when, if you look, Andy mentioned FF FMVs after his outburst.

You mentioned nothing of your favorite, so you are in fact off-topic (if you don't have a favorite then don't start posting about other games).

And, yeah i also like the Black Waltz III cutscene. I'm a Black Waltz fan...soo yeah.

aaaaaa

It puts things in much simpler terms for you people who seems to have just a little trouble understanding. Hope it helps!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    a1337a said:
    Read the post above yours, Shadow.
    It puts things in much simpler terms for you people who seems to have just a little trouble understanding. Hope it helps!
    Perhaps you should read out posts... You mentioned nothing of FFX, you just commented on other people and a completely random game. THAT'S OFF-TOPIC.

Back