• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite first-bug?

Your favourite first encounter bug?

• Caterpie

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Weedle

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Spinarak

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Ledyba

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Wurmple

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Kricketot

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Sewaddle

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Venipede

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters

Ostrich

Derpatoligist
    Years
    Definitely Caterpie. When I was playing Blue as a kid I tried my best to adhere to Ash in the anime, even though I never got a Pikachu, haha.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Mine's Spinarak. No real reason other than the fact that I had the episode in which it made its first appearance on VHS and watched it about 100 times. :laugh:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Two years ago, I would've claimed a tie between Weedle and Spinarak by merit of how badass Beedrill and Ariados are designed, but Black/White introduced SCOLIPEDE, the most awesomest of awesome bug-types who shall be forever revered as the giant grub-centipede of mass destruction. XD

Years
    On my current profile, I'll be maining a Beedrill, and possibly (don't like it's moves, but TMs/HMs/Tutors may change things) a Butterfree. I saw plenty of Weedils, caught the 1st one. Yet for some strange reason, that was all for a while. I don't knwo why, but it took soooooooo long to find a Caterpie! I even saw Metapods and Kakunas 1st. It took way longer than it should've.
    I even stumbled upon FOUR Pikachus, while trying to avoid grass spots. I'm not interested in one, so I didn't catch any. But I think I may have sa mreo of them than Caterpie, or at least close!
    Note: this was in Viridian Forest.

Anyway, I have 2 favorites, Beedrill and Parasect :D

Years
    Caterpie! I loved having this little guy in my team when I first got my hands of Pokemon FR/LG. I like its evolution line and as well as a few of its moves; abusing Sleep Powder and other status-inducers...

Ledyba and Sewaddle comes to a close second. Just look at those adorable critters! I also like the designs of their evolution line, especially Swadloon.

Years
    Definitely Wurmple for me :) He involves into a moth so that keeps me sweet haha :)

If Caterpie actually evolved into Venomoth then things would be a different story haha, but yeah definitely Wurmple :)

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Wurmple! It's adorable, and I love the fact that its evolution always holds a surprise for me. :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Caterpie was my first one, and because of that it's my favorite.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Caterpie FTW!!!! Butterfree is awesome! I loved compound eyes. It got me out of a lot of type spots. :D

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I don't know why,most people think that weedle is really boring
    but i really like it ^^ and Beedrill is my 2nd fav pokemon :)

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Wurmple used to be my favourite, just based on how awesome Dustox was when I used it, but now Sewaddle has stolen my heart. I think it's adorable, and Leavanny is pretty great.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Ledyba cuz when they turn into Ledian they kick butt even though the're pretty weak

Years
    Caterpie would be my favorite on that list, since Butterfree is usually a mainstay in my party. I guess Ledyba and Wurmple would be 2nd and 3rd respectively, but they're quite far behind.

Years
    Never really paid much attention to bug-type, because they weren't great battle wise and also they didn't look that good for my taste. But the first time I saw Sewaddle I fell in love with a bug-type for the first time. Too bad it's evolutions look kind of retarded...

Back