• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite first-bug?

Your favourite first encounter bug?

• Caterpie

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Weedle

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Spinarak

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Ledyba

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Wurmple

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Kricketot

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Sewaddle

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Venipede

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Spinarak! I love spiders and it's so cute! I also really like Caterpie and I suppose I like its line better than Spinarak's (not that I ever use either of them) but Spinarak wins on its own. It was also one of my first Pokemon when I first played Gold version and since then, I don't usually bother with the bug types so it was really the last one I trained and got attached to. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Omgomg, Spinarak used to be my favourite back in Johto days, to find at least. It seemed so mysterious, hiding in the dark. idk Johto appleased me. HOWEVER, Caterpie leads to Butterfree which was one of my favourites, so tempted to go with that. :3

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Wurmple. <3 It's cute and I never know who will he evolve into.

Years
    I have a feeling that Caterpie is going to run away with this one. Most people tend to find it cute and cuddley. I personally like it because of the Metapod standoff that Ash had in the early days of the anime.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Ariados is my favourite of the evolved bugs, so I'll go with Spinarak on this poll. Most of the first-bugs, in and of themselves, I find annoying, but Spinarak was always kinda cool in that it was the first to come out mainly at night, and it's sort of cute without being super-annoying. (I'm looking at you, Weedle!) I really dislike the newer bugs, so it was always between this and Caterpie; as I'm not the biggest Butterfree fan, Spinarak gets my vote.

Cid

Years
    Goodness this is hard. I know picking one from these would have many possible reasons to be based on but it's still really difficult. I loved most of the early Bug-types and usually catch at least one for every generation so they all have good reason to be chosen.

I'm gonna have to go with Caterpie. It was my first Bug-type and it started the tradition of catching them so that's good enough a reason as any. Butterfree is really neat and pretty much a series staple, too. Close to it would be Ledyba and Sewaddle, both of which are really cute but, I don't think I'll pick them over Caterpie any time soon.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    My vote goes to Venipede. Despite having many fond memories of training Caterpies to get past Brock, the cute animation of Spinarak in Crystal, hoping that Wurmple for once would not evolve into Cascoon, the only bug Pokémon that made it to the end of my game was Venipede. I absolutely adore that Pokémon's evolution line and it's well worth training.
    I also love Scolipede's design. : D

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Spinarak, Spinarak, Spinarak! It looks cool, albeit a bit creepy, which is great. It was the first spider-like Pokemon, and definitely one of the coolest. It's even a tad cute! Cute, creepy, and cool, what else could you ask for?

Years
    Spinarak, if I'm not evolving. Why? Looks like a Skulltula from a Zelda game.

If I'm evolving? Kricketot. Kricketune was useful ingame somewhat given it could X-scissor, False Swipe, and Shadow Claw. Not as weak to Snowpoint helped it get attack ev points.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Haha, how convenient that I notice this thread just as I change my theme.

Weedle is quite obviously my first choice, as I just feel like it's a really cool Pokémon. It's design simple, yet I still love it so much. It wasn't nearly as useless as Caterpie was in its early stages, and Beedrill's a pretty awesome Pokémon, one that I really liked when I was younger.

As a close second comes Spinarak, mainly because it's one of the most adorable Bug Pokémon there is out there, and they did well in making one of the bugs I despise the most into something really adorable.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Sewaddle is barely useful in battle, so my vote reluctantly goes to it. Still a horrible pokemon and evolution line in general. Someone tell GL that Bug/Grass type combination was a bad idea with Parasect.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I love all the first bugs because they're adorable and most of them evolve really fast, but I love Caterpie the most and here's why:

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red. This means that in Viridian Forest, I had Weedles coming out my ears while Caterpies were rare. That meant I had to spend ages and ages searching for a Caterpie just so that I could beat Brock (I always chose Charmander because Fire Pokemon are win, but it made Brock hard). So then, when a Caterpie would appear, it would fill me with such JOY that I have associated Caterpie with awesomeness ever since.

Also, the episode where Ash catches Caterpie in the anime is awesome :P

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    You have to love the Spinarak. You just have to. Okay. No you don't. :c

Actually I like Weedle too, even though they are admittedly annoying. I think I'm going to vote Weedle because it isn't getting any love.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
    funny thing caterpie is the only bug ive played with untill the final evolution it did wonders for me

Back