• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite first-bug?

Your favourite first encounter bug?

• Caterpie

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Weedle

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Spinarak

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Ledyba

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Wurmple

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Kricketot

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Sewaddle

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Venipede

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Spinarak, its soooooo cute! Also, a giant spider would be sooooooooooo scary to battle :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Venipede, because Scolipede looks awesome aesthetically. It's also decent competitively because of its high Speed and okay Attack and move pool.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Definitely Caterpie, bug type is one of my favourite types though so I love them all. I like Caterpie's line (even though it doesn't make sense, see Venomoth/Butterfree theory but anyways), it's cute and I loved seeing it in the anime.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ledyba! It's adorable. Spinarak is a close second though. It's cute too, and I have had good experience in using Ariados. Anyway, this is comparing Pokemon and not really games, so this is off to Pokemon General. My vote is going to Ledyba btw. lol

blue

gucci
    Years
    Spinirak or Ledyba, I've always loved those two but I've never really been fond of the Caterpie, Weedle or Wurmple line.. Kricetot I love too.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Spinarak. <3
    He's so freaking cuuuuute. <3
    Wurmple is a close second, though. They're so cute. <3
    That's a lot of hearts, but yeah, cute bug Pokemon are a plus to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    In and of themselves I suppose Wurmple. I like its cry and it has a proportionate body whereas most of these bugs have huge heads.
    Considering their evolutions however: Weedle/Beedrill.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Ah I quite like Wurmple. Probably cause the first game I played was Emerald and I caught one and it grew up into a Beautifly that kicked butt. :> And it's cute.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Spinarak, since I found it to be adorable yet awesome when I was younger but Weedle and Venipede aren't too bad either, if I had to choose between those 3 though it would be Spinarak without a doubt since it's a childhood favorite of mine lol.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Tough choice... Definitely between Ledyba and Caterpie... I think I'm gonna go with Ledyba though.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    caterpie. Proberly the weakest but still the best. Weedle, Spinarak, Ledyba, wurmple and Venipede are all cool though

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Caterpie. Only because it evolves into Butterfree and Butterfree always seemed pretty cool to me.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Caterpie, it's weak but this little caterpillar remind me a lot of memories, back in the old BRY years... And it evolves into Butterfree. That is a good point.

Back