• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite human character from a fan game?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Come on, you probably do have at least one!

Who is the character from a fan game that made the best impression on you? It can be a player character or rival with good development, a particularly memorable Gym Leader, a deliciously evil antagonist or even a minor NPC that stuck with you for some reason. Your takes on this go here.

(Note: Keep in mind that this is mostly for original human characters. There is another thread in this same subforum if you want to talk about portrayals of canon characters in fan games, and it would be ideal if you shared your thoughts there instead.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Meant to follow this up with a legitimate response but completely forgot LMAOOO

Crow, also from Pokémon Empyrean would have to be my favorite character of any fan game I've played. But, to be fair, I've played very few fan games due to not having a PC and being forced to use JoiPlay on an Android phone that, to put it lightly, isn't the best suited for such a task. Tried Insurgence, couldn't ever get above 25 FPS. Tried Reborn, same thing. Tried basically every one of the most popular/recommended ones and that was the case for the vast majority of them. For some reason Empyrean was an exception, so I've played it multiple times now.

Due to potential spoilers I can't say much about why Crow sticks out to me, but there are tons of reasons and if you've played Empyrean then you probably know what I'm talking about (and if you haven't, you should). He isn't necessarily the most "characterized" character to ever exist, but I believe the way he was utilized in the game was done extremely well.

Ashy still a baddie tho

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2024
    Oak, the main character from The First Journey.

He is a very young professor and his goal is to create the pokémon league from a Kanto ruled by gangs. Can't say too many things without giving spoilers.

Honorable mention to Ethan from Red's Journey West. This boy has 16 Badges, league champion title, has both the sacred pokémon (Lugia and Ho-oh) and even defeated Red. So, is undestandable that he was a very big ego.

Days
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 31, 2023
    Tbh the main character of Empyrean sticks with me the most, Bro was a savage, fucked up everyone's plan, rescued his dad which even the organization that his dad worked for had troubled, Got a girlfriend and his fashion in the game is just top tier

This might be because its the first game i have completed for a pokemon fan game as the others were too boring in the mid of the story but empyrean actually kept the sensation by introducing new things everytime you overcame one of the targets, anyways yeah the main character of empyrean is probably the best one for me

Back