• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite of Ash's Pokemon?

What is Your Favourite(s) of Ash's Pokemon?

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Totodile for sure, I just loved how fun it was, plus it's voice is just mega cute. I really hope sometime in the anime Ash will be able to spend some more time with it, all of his other second gen starters have evolved to their second stage - Totodile should complete that set if you ask me. :P

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • As a kid my favourite was Charizard, a no brainer, a popular choice with every fan. Whenever that Pokémon appears, I do get goosebumps. I remember every episode he's been in, a big fan. But, Bulbasaur was always a massive favourite as well. Mainly for the episode where it refused to evolve. It always came across as a calm Pokémon, but certainly had some back bone. Just think to the episode in the Johto league where the Meganium and Bulbasaur had that rivalry. Was a +1 for him there.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • Oshawott.

That guy with his shell. How he comes out of the ball at his own will. How he throws the shell in anger then picks it up.
    YES.

EDIT: What? My hand just--? I voted for Pikachu too!

Last edited:

Noibat

Years
  • His Bayleef's love for him is so cute. it's a gutsy pokemon which suits him. I also though his Gliscor was too cool. haha

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Charizard and Infernape, funnily enough both fire types. Charizard was great due to its comic relief moments with its disobedience; eventually becoming such a power house and reappearing from time to time after the Kanto saga. Infernape because of its story. Thrown away by Paul only to become Ash's main power house Pokemon during the Sinnoh saga, having it kick so much ass with its Blaze ability. Ultimately becoming the winning key against his final match with Paul, just awesome!

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • Is it just me or does this poll make no sense?? The percentages add up to more than 100% :D

Anyway I'm going to be boring and choose Charizard. Reasons being it was the first true powerhouse Ash owned (arguably still his most powerful pokemon) and first fully evolved starter. It's story at the time was original, emotional and quite moving, being rejected horribly by another trainer to not respecting Ash in it's evolved form which cost him in the Indigo Plateau league. However ever since it gained Ash's repect it became one of his most loyal and reliable pokemon. Again, very unlikely given the writers relutance to making any references now to earlier events, but I do hope we see it again soon.

I can't believe Oshawott has got such high votes. We've barely just been introduced to him.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • @yossarian: You can vote for multiple things...

Anyway, I voted for Squirtle, Donphan,Sceptile and Swadloon.

Years
  • I've not seen the later series but the infernape story soudns a LOT like the charizard one? lol
    Very creative writers they have there ..

I voted for Muk, IT was such a beast with ti's elastic /sludgy body =D

Kjt

Lovatic
    Years
  • Oshawott. Seeing Ash's in the anime was what made it my favourite pokemon of all time, too. I also liked Cyndaquil, just 'cause I love Cyndaquil. And Gligar, 'cause it was quite funny.

Years
  • Ash's Gible and Oshawott are hands down my favorite. I couldn't stop loling when Gible's failed Draco Meteor kept hitting Dawn's Piplup. Oshawott, he has a funny personality, and is just too lovable.

I also like his Charizard, Squirtle, Gliscor, Snivy, Corphish, Chimchar and his Treecko. A lot of his other Pokemon didn't stand out much to me.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    So far, aside from Pikachu, I'm really liking Ash's Tepig, Snivy and Oshawott.. They all have different personalities and I enjoy each one of them.. Especially Oshawott, doesn't fail to make me laugh everytime it makes its appearance. LOL

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • When I used to watch the anime a little, I thought his Charizard was funny because it never listened, lol. I thought his Lapras was pretty cool too, because he could Surf on it.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • I'd say Buizel for obvious reasons, along with Sceptile for also being awesome. He was always my favourite of Ash's Hoenn team, and him taking out Darkrai sealed the deal. :)

Years
  • I know it's an unoriginal choice, but I chose Pikachu. My reasoning for this is that Pikachu has some of the best character development of Ash's Pokémon. I feel as though they use Ash as a translator most of the time just so that the audience may know what Pikachu is thinking/feeling. For this reason, Pikachu is my favorite of Ash's Pokémon.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Charmander will always probably be my favourite but since he evolved, Bulbasaur and Squirtle have taken his place. Charizard is still awesome but I prefer the others' personalities. I think Bayleef is pretty awesome too. :] In Black and White, I liked Pidove. I haven't seen an episode with Tranquill yet though.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Definitely Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape. Its story was so sad and then Ash took it and it just became this epic Pokemon, completely proving Paul wrong. I love it. I've always liked Chikorita/Bayleef too. She's just so cute.

And Pikachu is always such a bad-ass, I never get tired of him.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Just one question, why are Lapras 2 places in the poll?

And I would obviously vote for Charizard!
    Probably the strongest, and my favorite of Ash's pokémon :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Krabby/Kingler. I think that its the only decent pokemon I'd keep. Obviously theres the base pokemon that seem to run into ash year after year, but this pokemon helped out allot in the indigo league and helped set the foundation understandings of pokemon collecting.

Back